Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

DreamfinderGuy

I doubt that Everest is getting redone as it would be pricey and its being actively used in advertising for AK (billboards on the highways, web advertising, the digital billboard that's near I4) and its very popular with guestsee. Having it down as well as Dinosaur at the same time would be a capacity disaster.
People would also dogpile right back on Iger after the whole "nondescript" incident that caused him to come out and say how much he values it as an original experience. He'd never hear the end of it.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
People would also dogpile right back on Iger after the whole "nondescript" incident that caused him to come out and say how much he values it as an original experience. He'd never hear the end of it.
We’re also forgetting that it’s one of the resort’s most popular thrills on property. We already know there’s only one thing that would get Disney to close a major thrill ride for retheme, and this does not fit that category.

Nickm2022

1. What IP would Everest even be rethemed too? Because there's not a single IP that would make sense/is popular enough to do so. Plus they are already doing Tropical Americas, a new nighttime show, maybe Zootopia replacement, and maybe a lion king show. I doubt they would have the energy or budget, especially for a ride that continues to post consistent wait times, not outdated or showing age, and popularity is still high.
2. Is Hollywood Studios expansion currently dead? Not to say it's not in development I have no doubt it is, but is any announcement for this D23 currently off the table?

Sneaky

1. What IP would Everest even be rethemed too? Because there's not a single IP that would make sense/is popular enough to do so. Plus they are already doing Tropical Americas, a new nighttime show, maybe Zootopia replacement, and maybe a lion king show. I doubt they would have the energy or budget, especially for a ride that continues to post consistent wait times, not outdated or showing age, and popularity is still high.
2. Is Hollywood Studios expansion currently dead? Not to say it's not in development I have no doubt it is, but is any announcement for this D23 currently off the table?
Some people are saying animation courtyard is due for a blue sky.

Nickm2022

Some people are saying animation courtyard is due for a blue sky.
If it's blue sky I'm honestly fine with that. Any attention or love for that area is a win IMO. Plus Rockin' Rollercoaster's licensing expiring kinda forces Disney to get moving on this. My personal hope is for either Monsters Inc or Zootopia for this area.

Sneaky

I don't really see the Muppets leaving anytime soon. They recently added new seats and projection mapping effects. Is it somewhat dated, yes. Will it eventually go away, probably. But I'd say it's several years out still.

You do need the high capacity, low wait attractions to balance all of the high demand, long wait ones, especially at Hollywood. There is not much available that does not typically have a lengthy wait. It needs more fill in attractions, not taking them away.

I do hope that when muppetvision goes, it won’t be the last we see of the muppets at wdw. I think they have a place, but muppetvision kinda has a lot going against it in the long term.
Right next to SWGE
3D MOVIE (kinda going out of style)
Lower attendance.
It CANT be updated (Jim’s final project)

I don’t think it’ll be around forever (as much as I’d love it to be) , but it has a while left in it. Let’s hope they show up somewhere else.

TheIceBaron

I’m a big Disney restaurant lover so I hope they announce lots of new restaurant projects. They don’t seem to be talked about as much compared with rides but I think it’s still a crucial part of the Disney experience.

Here is what I’m hoping for on the restaurant front:

MK: I think Tomorrowland needs a proper sit down restaurant, so a Tron End of Line club might make sense.

Epcot: doesn’t need too much help in this department.

HS: not sure why they haven’t done a Jabba the Hutt dinner show, that would print money, who cares about the sequel trilogy cohesion anymore. Regardless, there needs to be some sort of Star Wars dinner show not locked behind a hotel.

AK: If they wanted to add anything avatar related but not be a huge investment, they could do a way of water “underwater” restaurant in same style as Space 220. Or an Indy restaurant in an ancient temple would be pretty fun too.

Gusey

The Country Bear and Small World Instagram posts had the #horizons at the end of. Haunted Mansion's today didn't but is part of the same series of Disney Park Blog posts on the history of certain attractions. The last paragraph of the Haunted Mansion blog post says:
And be sure to keep up with us on the Disney Parks Blog and social during Horizons: Disney Experiences Showcase, as part of D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event, to learn more about all the new, fun ways Disney is connecting generations of fans to their favorite stories.
Can't help but wonder if this series of series of Disney Park Blog posts will lead to an announcment of an attraction reimagining? I know Tokyo's Space Mountain is getting completely rebuilt, Hong Kong has a mysterious "re-imagining" project and DLP is rumoured to remove HyperSpace Mountain and bring back From the Earth to the Moon. I wonder if they're announcing a Space Mountain update

JEANYLASER

Here's my predictions for Walt Disney World

Magic Kingdom

1. Stitch's Replacement
2. Nighttime Parade or Daytime parade
3. Change Speedway to Electric!
Etc

Epcot
1. Test Track 3.0 news and new Concept Art
2. Australia for World Showcase
3. Dreamfinder and Figment return
Etc

Hollywood Studios

1. Animation Courtyard overhaul
2. Rock N Rollercoaster overhaul
Etc

Animal Kingdom
1. Zootopia
2. Indiana Jones
Etc

J4546

they are gonna build a combination of a River Rapids winding around and through a Camp Discovery style Mountain climbing rope course between land and seas pavilion....giving an example of land and sea coming togther for 2 wonderful rides

C33Mom

The Country Bear and Small World Instagram posts had the #horizons at the end of.
Guys, I think it’s becoming pretty obvious what’s going to happen here — Expedition Everest with Country Bear Musical Jamboree Overlay, and it works, because bears are animals!

Advisable Joseph

All of the figures in the Horizons image seem to represent parks or ships, so could the lion represent a Beastly Kingdom, featuring the Lion King?

I'd imagine it would technically be connected to DAK (no fifth gate?), but with much more of a fantasy theme.

Advisable Joseph

Could something on the image represent the new park at Shanghai?

Horizons-Disney-Experiences-Showcase-Parks-Resorts-Disney-World-Disneyland-Presentation.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom