Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

DAK:

Lion King is announced for DAK but is very vague and doesn't give many details. (The Lion hidden in the tree in the Horizons art has convinced me it's happening)

MK:

Moana at MK isn't mentioned and will be cut an hour before the presentation and we'll hear about it for years to come and how it was cancelled at the 11th hour. (Please prove me wrong on this)

These two things resonate with me. I definitely thought Lion King was the least likely of them all until the Horizon's image. But in general I feel like DAK is the most forthcoming of the resorts, so it sort of makes sense that has been finalized now, including LK.

Magic Kingdom project is a bit further out. Whether it is a year or multiple, so the most subject to change.

Though even far as Lion King goes, it's not lost on me how clearly Coco featured on the Imagineering Pavilion model for Epcot. Yet didn't actually make it through to announcement.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think this might be the big surprise project for DLR. From the motor cruise area through the Fantasyland Theatre. Whether it is pushed through is a different matter. But there is a project there and the beans haven't been fully spilled yet.
I think at the time the heavy rumor going was for Frozen, but I think anything Frozen related at DLR will go to Disneyland forward at this point.

jrhwdw

There’s been talk of a night parade at Magic Kingdom.

And others have suggested we may see more characters around as a go-to quick fix for attendance challenges.

I’d welcome a new night parade — more chance for lower attraction lines for me. :)
It's not just WDW anymore. DL's F! lost most of its Pyro. MH ends for 2024 in Aug and MSEP/PTN are still Locked Up! This is Not Good!

BrianLo

I think at the time the heavy rumor going was for Frozen, but I think anything Frozen related at DLR will go to Disneyland forward at this point.

Perhaps. I just don’t think DL Forward land usage westward is that forthcoming. There hasn’t been chatter about pedestrian bridges in the same way they are talking about Harbour. Albeit DL Forward seems the most likely Blue Skying concept of the lot.

Though that said the project could still very much be the same as the one Trowbridge was on, but moved. Similar to the shuffling of Galaxy’s Edge or the currently anticipated WDW projects.

MouseEarsMom33

Nono. Gen Z does. We grew up on the absolute peak 2011 Muppets and Most Wanted, giving us connection to the characters. Just because the theaters aren’t full doesn't mean they’re empty. I never have to wait for the show, but the theater is never close to empty. It usually gets decently filled.

And besides, you need attractions that never have waits for capacity. I know that your excuse as to why your baby should’ve never closed is that it had long wait times, but I don’t wanna tackle that discussion.
My initial comment (Muppets moving to replace BATB) was around other things that could happen that are in addition to what we believe will happen. Other generations are familiar with Muppets too. But whenever I go to that area of the park, it seems like there isn't much interest from park goers and Disney hasn't done much to drive them there. It is currently a walking path to Galaxy Edge.

I don't think Muppets is as strong as other IPs could be. I think they will downgrade Muppets to one show or ride, but refresh it to something new. I don't think they need a whole land area right now and Disney might get more use from another IP, especially since they already have restaurants in that area.

doctornick

Ugh. If Everest got an IP overlay I’d be upset. That’s almost as bad a losing Tower of Terror. What IP would fit? Raya? Mulan? I love the lore and mystery the ride adds to Asia. Would be such a shame.

The only thing I could remotely think of would be the Abominable Snowman from Monsters Inc, but even that would be such an odd fit that I cannot imagine anything being planned there.

Furthermore, with Dinosaur (and ITTBAB) potentially being out of commission in the near future to change themes, the part definitely could not handle anything else being shut down.

peng

I doubt that Everest is getting redone as it would be pricey, it's being actively used in advertising for AK (billboards on the highways, web advertising, the digital billboard that's near I4) and it's very popular with guests. Having it down as well as Dinosaur at the same time would be a capacity disaster.
This is the most unbelievable rumor I’ve ever read and I’ve read “Olivia Rodrigo coming to RNRC”
RNRC would probably get rethemed before Everest as it uses a third party thing (Aerosmith) and it would be cheap to retheme (get rid of the guitar at the facade, do light redressings on the entrance, swap the cardboard cutouts in the ride for different cardboard cutouts, change the audio and the street heading out). The most expesnive parts of that would be retheming the load area and getting rid of the guitar, everything else could be done for cheap. Everest has a ton of show elements even before you go into the mountain, most of which are extremely detailed, removing them would be pricey and changing the main mountain would be pricey. If it did get redone, it would probably be like the proposed Lone Ranger overlay for big thunder where it would be a couple additional show elements, but it would mostly be untouched, a TBA-esque redo would be stupid pricey, and disney is too cheap for that.

Last edited:

Sneaky

My initial comment (Muppets moving to replace BATB) was around other things that could happen that are in addition to what we believe will happen. Other generations are familiar with Muppets too. But whenever I go to that area of the park, it seems like there isn't much interest from park goers and Disney hasn't done much to drive them there. It is currently a walking path to Galaxy Edge.

I don't think Muppets is as strong as other IPs could be. I think they will downgrade Muppets to one show or ride, but refresh it to something new. I don't think they need a whole land area right now and Disney might get more use from another IP, especially since they already have restaurants in that area.
I honestly feel like an interactive dark ride is the perfect thing for a new muppets ride. Something that can still have “gags”, and can capture the zaniness of the muppets, while “tricking” guests who wouldn’t care to go on it with the interactivity in a sense. Muppets could still work with a ride itself in the Disney parks, just needs a strong concept. I’d be fine with muppets having only one thing, even if it’s new and not MV3D (as long as we have some sort of video archive for the attraction), as long as it’s good. I do feel like they have a place in wdw in the future though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom