Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
HS - BATB replacement with Muppets. Muppets land replaced with original Star Wars or something else. Villains Land with Rocking Roller Coaster being rethemed to that. Announcement about what they are doing with former Star Wars hotel.
I don’t see them removing Muppets. Gen Z loves them, Imagineering loves them. I think it’ll stick around for a while

The Leader of the Club

I would be very disappointed, though not surprised, if Disney characters were added to Small World at WDW and DLP.

It would further erode The Magic Kingdom's identity/legacy and be yet another example of the ridiculous trend of trying to fix the most popular Disney theme park by making it more "Disney".
I actually quite like the Disney characters in the various Small Worlds. I don’t think it takes away from the ride aesthetic or message and adds a fun little scavenger hunt for families. I’d be happy to see them come to WDW and DLP.

EricsBiscuit

My predictions: (all speculation)

DAK:

More Tropical Americas concept art, opening timeline and info on what the Encanto ride and carousel will be.

Lion King is announced for DAK but is very vague and doesn't give many details. (The Lion hidden in the tree in the Horizons art has convinced me it's happening)

MK:

Nighttime Parade is announced. The name, concept art, and opening timeline are given.

Moana at MK isn't mentioned and will be cut an hour before the presentation and we'll hear about it for years to come and how it was cancelled at the 11th hour. (Please prove me wrong on this)

BBT phase 1 is announced, most likely Coco. Vauge tease of phase 2 (possibly villains)

Return of Country Bears seasonal shows.

Pecos Bills retheme. (Probably Hungry Bear BBQ Jamboree)

Disney Characters added to small world.

DHS:

Blue Sky tease of animation courtyard replacement.

Little Mermaid show update (could see this being announced like a week before)

Epcot:

Test Track 3.0 info.

Something Inside out.

In general: Probably a new DVC resort
The most accurate part of this list is them pulling the Moana announcement at the 11th hour.

Fox&Hound

Sorry can someone tell me what day and time the parks presentation is where they will announce these upcoming projects? Thank you so much!!!!

TheMaxRebo

I actually quite like the Disney characters in the various Small Worlds. I don’t think it takes away from the ride aesthetic or message and adds a fun little scavenger hunt for families. I’d be happy to see them come to WDW and DLP.

I like the style they put the characters in so the fit in better, like toys/dolls version - I don't think they *need* to add them but wouldn't have any issue with them adding it

The Disneyland version is the original version anyway and that one has already been updated

DisneyHead123

Has anything been hinted to the NBA Experience replacement? I know it’s very left field for a D23 more of a Destination D talking point imo.

I just feel that the real-estate there is huge, for an announcement.
Last article I could find from this site said they were actively seeking tenants.

I couldn’t find profit info for Disney Springs specifically, but I did see that adding a food and shopping district to Paris has added a lot to their profits. I would be shocked if they don’t turn this into more retail / dining. Best case scenario is probably a really fun, themed Disney merch store.

Tha Realest

Has anything been hinted to the NBA Experience replacement? I know it’s very left field for a D23 more of a Destination D talking point imo.

I just feel that the real-estate there is huge, for an announcement.
Outside the box, forward thinking would be a partnership with Meow Wolf. It wouldn’t be without precedent: they’ve done stuff with The Void. But, I wonder if they would be willing to stifle egos to host another themed entertainment that may be viewed as a competitor or sorts.

Brer Oswald

I don’t see them removing Muppets. Gen Z loves them, Imagineering loves them. I think it’ll stick around for a while
*Twitter loves them.
Imagineering “loves them” because Disney put the IP under their control. The mostly empty theatres speak for themselves. The show could go away at any time, but it will probably stay up for a bit just because of the other projects that have been approved. As soon as they are ready for more Star Wars, I’d be prepared to say goodbye.

KDM31091

Last article I could find from this site said they were actively seeking tenants.

I couldn’t find profit info for Disney Springs specifically, but I did see that adding a food and shopping district to Paris has added a lot to their profits. I would be shocked if they don’t turn this into more retail / dining. Best case scenario is probably a really fun, themed Disney merch store.
I wish, but it seems like Disney has slowly turned all of the retail spaces into virtually the same thing. There is very little unique merchandise from store to store, which is disappointing. I hope someday this reverses as the whole point of having stores in different lands of the park/resorts would be to get specific merch for that area, not just the same stuff you can get at any of the stores.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
*Twitter loves them.
Imagineering “loves them” because Disney put the IP under their control. The mostly empty theatres speak for themselves. The show could go away at any time, but it will probably stay up for a bit just because of the other projects that have been approved. As soon as they are ready for more Star Wars, I’d be prepared to say goodbye.
Nono. Gen Z does. We grew up on the absolute peak 2011 Muppets and Most Wanted, giving us connection to the characters. Just because the theaters aren’t full doesn't mean they’re empty. I never have to wait for the show, but the theater is never close to empty. It usually gets decently filled.

And besides, you need attractions that never have waits for capacity. I know that your excuse as to why your baby should’ve never closed is that it had long wait times, but I don’t wanna tackle that discussion.

KDM31091

I don't really see the Muppets leaving anytime soon. They recently added new seats and projection mapping effects. Is it somewhat dated, yes. Will it eventually go away, probably. But I'd say it's several years out still.

You do need the high capacity, low wait attractions to balance all of the high demand, long wait ones, especially at Hollywood. There is not much available that does not typically have a lengthy wait. It needs more fill in attractions, not taking them away.

DisneyHead123

I wish, but it seems like Disney has slowly turned all of the retail spaces into virtually the same thing. There is very little unique merchandise from store to store, which is disappointing. I hope someday this reverses as the whole point of having stores in different lands of the park/resorts would be to get specific merch for that area, not just the same stuff you can get at any of the stores.
My guess is that it will be leased out to some upscale clothing brands (not sure how many stores would fit in that space). Would love to see them add a fun, themed Disney pet gear store though.

BrianLo

I keep coming back to that video Scott Trowbridge posted near the Tomorrowland lagoon.

If I had to guess, that real estate will be remade somehow with DL Forward / D23

I think this might be the big surprise project for DLR. From the motor cruise area through the Fantasyland Theatre. Whether it is pushed through is a different matter. But there is a project there and the beans haven't been fully spilled yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom