Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

Everyone needs to get past this silly theme park wars nonsense. There is nothing to respond to. They are not ‘responding’. Universal is trying to turn into a 7 day resort. One they’ll kneecap on their own with the silly planned Epic ticketing rollout. WDW already is a 7 day resort.

WDW needs to work on justifying the costs they charge and some areas they’ve left chronically underinvested in. Or guest services standards that have slipped. It’s a different problem.

WDW spent the last decade fixing a lot of rotting legacy infrastructure that wasn’t built for this century. It’s overdue time for capacity expansion.

WDW needs to offer more for what they charge. Universal is offering something new and charging more for it. That’s not the response I want from Disney.

wdwfan4ver

Gotcha, I still believe Marvel could have enough IP's to build out a non Avengers Land. With the Mutant plans over the next several years it will give the studio time to develop those new IP's. Or maybe Disney surprises with an agreement with Universal. Either a trade of IP's such as Simpsons or Planet of the Apes and/or cash. Universal could use the cash infusion to help pay for EPIC.
Universal does not want to keep Simpson theme park rights after the contract ends. Universal wants Pokemon to replace Simpsons in USF. What is going on is Universal wants Nintendo IP in USF and IOA besides what is in the upcoming Epic Universe. Universal feels Simpsons land the best spot for having Pokemon.

I heard many times in the past that USH also is not interest in renewing the Simpsons contract either. What I know about USH is the park is landlocked and the only way to get new attractions there is by replacing old attractions.

Last edited:

bwr827

this is silly. WDW was only closed for a few months. Florida famously had no “essential workers” restrictions and the facilities and construction continued on by mid 2020 on what they chose to move forward with.
Yeah, there was no sudden and sustained economic uncertainty when a global pandemic hit and dragged on for months and years.

That’s silly.

bmr1591

I think Arendale to California makes more sense than Florida. You could put Tokyo’s Frozen ride in Fantasyland if you really wanted to, but I wouldn’t them an entire land around it.

MouseEarsMom33

2 weeks to go, anyone's predictions for something completely out of the blue or minor announcements? I'm wondering if they'll announce a Big Thunder Mountain update, or new games for Toy Story Mania themed to Toy Story 4/5 (The new Star Tours scenes were announced in 2022)
DAK - Nemo being replaced by Encanto / Coco show, drone show in 2025, new movie for Flight of Passage, yeti being fixed (haha)

EPCOT - new country hint - Brazil (with more details to come at D23 Brazil)

HS - BATB replacement with Muppets. Muppets land replaced with original Star Wars or something else. Villains Land with Rocking Roller Coaster being rethemed to that. Announcement about what they are doing with former Star Wars hotel.

MK - I don't think Coco is going to MK. I think that will go to DL and some in Tropical Americas. I think Phase 1 will surprise us or be Cars. Stitch replacement announced

DVC/Resort - Reflections and / or new hotel with direct access to MK. I think Reflections will be first so they can sell cabin points and a MK hotel will likely be later at a future D23.

For the conversation about Frozen, I think Frozen is staying in Norway. I believe Frozen will be part of DL Forward expansion.

Tha Realest

I keep coming back to that video Scott Trowbridge posted near the Tomorrowland lagoon.

If I had to guess, that real estate will be remade somehow with DL Forward / D23

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom