Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Gusey

2 weeks to go, anyone's predictions for something completely out of the blue or minor announcements? I'm wondering if they'll announce a Big Thunder Mountain update, or new games for Toy Story Mania themed to Toy Story 4/5 (The new Star Tours scenes were announced in 2022)

TheMaxRebo

Yes let's completely disregard the lost revenue from parks / theaters being shut down, and then reduced revenue from phased reopenings. The canceled park projects are a drop in the financial bucket relative to the cuts everywhere else in the company at that time.

Plus all the debt Disney took on just to keep cash flow going ... A lot of the last few years was around getting balance sheet in order and prepping for the Hulu buyout, etc - wasn't just the parks in isolation but larger money issues

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
A prediction I have is that an American park will get Arendelle.

I think California since I don’t think they want to close Ever After.

However, I do think that a complete insane shot in the dark is that Ever After is closed for a ride based entirely on Norse mythology (Marvel pull, but not Marvel based), and BBT Phase 2 has Arendelle.

Parker41056

2 weeks to go, anyone's predictions for something completely out of the blue or minor announcements? I'm wondering if they'll announce a Big Thunder Mountain update, or new games for Toy Story Mania themed to Toy Story 4/5 (The new Star Tours scenes were announced in 2022)
Something that I could see announced that hasn't been talked about is a new third waterpark or a huge refresh/reskin to an existing park. Something like Ice Age overlay to Blizzard Beach with a family water coaster additional. Other more left field possibilities are:

DHS
- Changing Indiana Jones Stunt Show to a new IP. With it's inventible move to Animal Kingdom, they could free up that IP Space at DHS for something like Black Panther and/or other non Avengers marvel Stunt show experience. In fact, that whole corner of DHS, including Star Tours, could be rethemed to Marvel. Dr. Strange, Fantastic Four, Black Panther, etc. I could even see a phase two E-ticket expanding into the parking lot.
- Toy Story Land expansion. With the success of this land and how large the crowds are, I could see another ride addition next to Slinky Dog. What about a water flume ride called the Lincoln Log Flume. The park desperately needs a water attraction and it's so hot back there .
- As far as Animation Courtyard, we've al talked about what could be there and the rumors (Monsters/Cars/Villains/Zootopia). One idea that I don't see mentioned often is an East Coast Pixar Pier. This would allow multiple IP's to coexist in this space.
MK
- At the Magic Kingdom, I could see the Tomorrowland Speedway being converted to electric and even undergo mini Tron style overlay with a nice light package.
- I think Buzz Lightyear could also receive the Wreck it Ralph conversion.
- We know about the Moana attraction but I could see a niche hotel attached to this area as well.
- Other wildcards: Add Beauty and the Beast Attraction from Tokyo next to Be Our Guest Restaurant and replace and retheme It's a small work. The footprint of that space is huge with no volume at all.
DAK
- With Tropical America's 100% and another attraction (Lion King) likely, I still can see a sort of a multi year renovation of this park that goes beyond the next 5 years. These could include: River Rapids update with new IP, Jungle Book attraction, Avatar expansion, and maybe a story/land update to make Zootopia fit into the park. Would also love to see a Tarzan Hanging Coaster that swings through the treetops of the coastal jungles of Equatorial Africa.

EPCOT
- Not much more that what has already been rumored. I do think this park is where Inside Out will land. The IP is incredibly valuable and popular and one that I don't see as just a small additional. The Play Pavilion seems like where it would land .
- Also, I could see a hotel added to EPCOT as well. More than likely a smaller niche hotel at the back of one of the pavilions.

Most of these are just 'arm chair' thoughts but Disney does need to bring it at this D23.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Something that I could see announced that hasn't been talked about is a new third waterpark or a huge refresh/reskin to an existing park. Something like Ice Age overlay to Blizzard Beach with a family water coaster additional. Other more left field possibilities are:

DHS
- Changing Indiana Jones Stunt Show to a new IP. With it's inventible move to Animal Kingdom, they could free up that IP Space at DHS for something like Black Panther and/or other non Avengers marvel Stunt show experience. In fact, that whole corner of DHS, including Star Tours, could be rethemed to Marvel. Dr. Strange, Fantastic Four, Black Panther, etc. I could even see a phase two E-ticket expanding into the parking lot.
- Toy Story Land expansion. With the success of this land and how large the crowds are, I could see another ride addition next to Slinky Dog. What about a water flume ride called the Lincoln Log Flume. The park desperately needs a water attraction and it's so hot back there .
- As far as Animation Courtyard, we've al talked about what could be there and the rumors (Monsters/Cars/Villains/Zootopia). One idea that I don't see mentioned often is an East Coast Pixar Pier. This would allow multiple IP's to coexist in this space.
MK
- At the Magic Kingdom, I could see the Tomorrowland Speedway being converted to electric and even undergo mini Tron style overlay with a nice light package.
- We know about the Moana attraction but I could see a niche hotel attached to this area as well.
- Other wildcards: Add Beauty and the Beast Attraction from Tokyo next to Be Our Guest Restaurant and replace and retheme It's a small work. The footprint of that space is huge with no volume at all.
DAK
- With Tropical America's 100% and another attraction (Lion King) likely, I still can see a sort of a multi year renovation of this park that goes beyond the next 5 years. These could include: River Rapids update with new IP, Jungle Book attraction, Avatar expansion, and maybe a story/land update to make Zootopia fit into the park. Would also love to see a Tarzan Hanging Coaster that swings through the treetops of the coastal jungles of Equatorial Africa.

EPCOT
- Not much more that what has already been rumored. I do think this park is where Inside Out will land. The IP is incredibly valuable and popular and one that I don't see as just a small additional. The Play Pavilion seems like where it would land .
- Also, I could see a hotel added to EPCOT as well. More than likely a smaller niche hotel at the back of one of the pavilions.

Most of these are just 'arm chair' thoughts but Disney does need to bring it at this D23.
A few notes:
Marvel can’t use F4. They’re part of the Universal deal.
It’s a Small World will never close. Especially not the year of its 60th anniversary since the World’s Fair.
I agree that Space Ranger Spin’s days are numbered worldwide. I’m not sure if this D23 is the one to do it though. I think 26 will see the death of every Buzz shooter. I could see Elio being a potential replacement depending on how successful the movie is.

Parker41056

A few notes:
Marvel can’t use F4. They’re part of the Universal deal.
It’s a Small World will never close. Especially not the year of its 60th anniversary since the World’s Fair.
I agree that Space Ranger Spin’s days are numbered worldwide. I’m not sure if this D23 is the one to do it though. I think 26 will see the death of every Buzz shooter. I could see Elio being a potential replacement depending on how successful the movie is.
Gotcha, I still believe Marvel could have enough IP's to build out a non Avengers Land. With the Mutant plans over the next several years it will give the studio time to develop those new IP's. Or maybe Disney surprises with an agreement with Universal. Either a trade of IP's such as Simpsons or Planet of the Apes and/or cash. Universal could use the cash infusion to help pay for EPIC.

rd805

Every event I hope for something big, and it seems we are left wanting more (or in the most recent cases...wanting SOMETHING!). I know things are coming, and i hope they are prepared to start building STAT.

Keeping expectations tampered will help me personally be excited about whatever is coming - learned it the hard way ;).

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Gotcha, I still believe Marvel could have enough IP's to build out a non Avengers Land. With the Mutant plans over the next several years it will give the studio time to develop those new IP's. Or maybe Disney surprises with an agreement with Universal. Either a trade of IP's such as Simpsons or Planet of the Apes and/or cash. Universal could use the cash infusion to help pay for EPIC.
I don’t think Simpsons and PotA are enticing enough for Universal to get rid of Marvel.

I think that they could do a Marvel Land with the characters they have, though. I think Doctor Strange and Guardians could support the land as far as rides go, and the character experiences can be easily swapped out with depending on what movies are around and who is popular.

doctornick

I don’t think Simpsons and PotA are enticing enough for Universal to get rid of Marvel.

Uni will never “get rid of” Marvel due to how the contract is so favorable for them and how much it would cost to retheme that area. But a realistic hope would be Disney getting the right to use characters that are currently excluded from Disney use (ie removing the exclusivity) and allowing sharing of characters so Disney could use Avengers, X-Men, FF. Still a longshot but maybe conceivable some day.

I think that they could do a Marvel Land with the characters they have, though. I think Doctor Strange and Guardians could support the land as far as rides go, and the character experiences can be easily swapped out with depending on what movies are around and who is popular.

GotG (already used though) is obviously one but the one reasonable ones they could use are Dr Strange, Shang-Chi, and SHIELD. Eternals as well but that did poorly. Ms Marvel probably could be used but not the name so would have to be called Kamala or something like that and I don’t see the point (and the show and movie did poorly anyway).

The one other “big” character that might be available is Daredevil. They used Matt Murdock’s name as part of the scenery for the Dr Strange M&G at DHS.

stuart

However, I do think that a complete insane shot in the dark is that Ever After is closed for a ride based entirely on Norse mythology (Marvel pull, but not Marvel based), and BBT Phase 2 has Arendelle.
I've had thought the same for a while, and would end the "why isn't this in America" posts on social media. Certainly not beyond realms of possibility for it to be part of BBT.

J4546

DHS
MK
DAK

EPCOT

i could see a PP being built where animation courtyard is as well, I made a little pic of it a while agon on and put it up somewhere on this site but here it is again...it fits really well imo and although I know most would not like it because youd get rid of RnRC and lightningmcqueen as well, but youd get 10 rides in their place

Attachments

• DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    DHS Pixar Pier.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 45

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I've had thought the same for a while, and would end the "why isn't this in America" posts on social media. Certainly not beyond realms of possibility for it to be part of BBT.
If they did Arendelle BBT, Phase 2 could probably be Arendelle and Corona (since they can loop that to connect next to Small World where Tangled Bathrooms are), and if they move Frozen Epcot to MK (same ride and props) they could upgrade the faces to be like HK. Then Epcot gets a new Norway attraction. Bunch of wins that I doubt they’d take.

I 100% think that Cali will get Arendelle. Wouldn’t be surprised if they put it over the Nemo lagoon since Matterhorn would look nice with that land.

easyrowrdw

From your lips to no one's ears lol But seriously, I really hope they don't build an IP land at MK.
GotG (already used though) is obviously one but the one reasonable ones they could use are Dr Strange, Shang-Chi, and SHIELD. Eternals as well but that did poorly. Ms Marvel probably could be used but not the name so would have to be called Kamala or something like that and I don’t see the point (and the show and movie did poorly anyway).

The one other “big” character that might be available is Daredevil. They used Matt Murdock’s name as part of the scenery for the Dr Strange M&G at DHS.
I know the Guardians ride has been a success, but the idea of a Marvel land that just has the B-team would be pretty disappointing to me. Either way, I think they’d need to do a lot more than what they've done in California.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
From your lips to no one's ears lol But seriously, I really hope they don't build an IP land at MK.
Arendelle in America is an inevitability. The question is: if Florida, do you want it in Magic Kingdom or do you want it in Norway (which is already dang close to becoming that)

Plus, with two more Frozen movies on the way….

To me, if they’re focusing on fighting Epic Universe, Moana, Cars, and Frozen are the tools to get the family audience. They’re all massively popular brands that tackle the potential to pull a demographic that has their vacation pulled based on “would our child rather see Anna and Lightning, or Mario and Hiccup?”

Gusey

Arendelle in America is an inevitability. The question is: if Florida, do you want it in Magic Kingdom or do you want it in Norway (which is already dang close to becoming that)

I feel like Arendelle won't come to WDW because Norway has become a mini Arendelle with the Somehaus and Frozen Ever After. If it did come to any US park, it would probably be in California

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I feel like Arendelle won't come to WDW because Norway has become a mini Arendelle with the Somehaus and Frozen Ever After. If it did come to any US park, it would probably be in California
I think a left field could be that they pull Frozen out of Norway.

I do think that Disney doing a mythology based attraction is in the realm of possibility specifically for Norway. Even if it’s not based on Marvel Thor, having an attraction focused on Odin, Thor, Loki, and other Norse gods is a way to get some more Marvel based pull.

easyrowrdw

To me, if they’re focusing on fighting Epic Universe, Moana, Cars, and Frozen are the tools to get the family audience. They’re all massively popular brands that tackle the potential to pull a demographic that has their vacation pulled based on “would our child rather see Anna and Lightning, or Mario and Hiccup?”
That makes sense. The current ride really doesn't match the popularity of the brand so I could see them doing a bigger, better ride at MK. I just don't think it should be a land. Elements of Arendelle could certainly fit within a larger new land of magic or enchantment or an extension of Fantasyland. A Moana ride fits really well in Adventureland IMO, but I think a whole land of Motunui does not belong in the park.

DL already broke that wall with Galaxy's Edge. I'd prefer if MK could remain with a broader focus in its lands.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Curve(snow)ball. Hollywood Studios. They already have the sing-a-long. They can move that to a new land along with an E, a B/C, and a couple of dining locations. Top it off with a Wandering Oaken's merch shop, complete with in-character staff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom