Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Moth

No, do not touch the muppets. This is coming from someone who loves Star Wars. Muppets are barely acknowledged as it is we don’t need to lose their signature installation.

EDIT: I suppose it’s inevitable. I just hope that the muppets get something to replace Muppet Vision. If/when the inevitable replacement does occur. I also admit, it is a very dated movie and which it would somehow be updated. That muppets great movie ride showed a lot of promise but will likely never happen.

The only term I'll take Muppet removal is if they immediately get a new thing in Studios.

Phicinfan

Why in the world are folks here wanting to remove another attraction? There is nothing wrong with Star Tours.

Now I would LOVE a retheme to Pigs in Space to tie into the muppets area. That would be sooooo much fun.

Or, as I suggested in another thread, move Muppets to Animation courtyard, and expand the current Muppets area to more old original Star wars attractions, to tie in Star Tours and the academy

Surferboy567

The only term I'll take Muppet removal is if they immediately get a new thing in Studios.
Oh yeah, totally agree. The realist in me says they don’t really care and wouldn’t hesitate to remove it.

The muppets fan in me though, would also like the muppets to remain a permanent fixture in as many Disney parks as possible. Special emphasis though on the studios.

peng

No, do not touch the muppets. This is coming from someone who loves Star Wars. Muppets are barely acknowledged as it is we don’t need to lose their signature installation.

EDIT: I suppose it’s inevitable. I just hope that the muppets get something to replace Muppet Vision. If/when the inevitable replacement does occur. I also admit, it is a very dated movie and which it would somehow be updated. That muppets great movie ride showed a lot of promise but will likely never happen.
Muppets should be replaced with another muppet 3d thing, if it is ever replaced. They aren't popular, but people like the muppets and people like when they're used for parks stuff (Destination D 2023 aside). There's no reason to replace it short term anyways, there's bigger fish to fry at HS (like what to do with animation courtyard and turning the Galactic Starcruiser into office space/storage) and elsewhere. Disney probably wants to remove it (and the only reason it hasn't is the One Man's Dream theater is being used for movie previews instead of it, like how the DL tomorrowland theater was used for being shuttered for good).

Moth

Why in the world are folks here wanting to remove another attraction? There is nothing wrong with Star Tours.

Now I would LOVE a retheme to Pigs in Space to tie into the muppets area. That would be sooooo much fun.

Or, as I suggested in another thread, move Muppets to Animation courtyard, and expand the current Muppets area to more old original Star wars attractions, to tie in Star Tours and the academy
The whole issue I have is that, I don't trust Disney to do anything with The Muppets. That's the only acquisition where they've done no movement with in parks outside of the Fox stuff that will, let's face it, never be in the parks.

Marvel? Rides, lands, fun for all.

Star Wars? Lands, rides, leave quality arguments at the door, it's the quantity I'm talking about here.

Indiana Jones? Animal Kingdom stuff.

Muppets? Nothing, and had stuff removed in Cali.

Sneaky

(do not) SAY HIS WORDS

out of any Fox IP, Apes is in the best position to get stuff at the parks imo.
Also I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something with the Simpsons at Disney springs, if not a full blown land which doesn’t seem likely. Maybe a “duff brewery” restaurant/bar, or a trader Sam’s style moes on a larger scale?

TheMaxRebo

That would be an interesting option, of making that area more like out of universe/for fans of Star Wars in general, and then you take the tunnel to "enter the universe" and being part of Star Wars, etc

Probably need to include Baseline Taphouse and maybe Sci Fi too, but giving those a Star Wars overlay could be fun.

Probably not the direction they want to go but would be interesting and provide more variety in Star Wars to experiences for different types of fans

Sneaky

I still think muppets should move to the rnrc area. But I wouldn’t do electric mayhem as the theme. I would, if I was In charge of the project, theme it to gonzos stunts. You’re on the set of the newest muppet movie, but gonzo gets hurt and can’t preform the next stunt! oh no! luckily, we come in, and then through wacky hijinks become gonzos stunt double, and are launched through the thrilling stunt scene, where the black light flats of the city are retconned as setpeices, while muppet music plays on the speakers. Stunt coaster! Maybe muppetvision goes next door, but idk.

C33Mom

You guys are overlooking the perfect attraction theme to tie together modern day DHS:

1720481728390.png

(This is 99% sarcasm, though I definitely don’t put it in the bottom half of all possible ideas I’ve heard floated)

DisDude33

You guys are overlooking the perfect attraction theme to tie together modern day DHS:

View attachment 798169

(This is 99% sarcasm, though I definitely don’t put it in the bottom half of all possible ideas I’ve heard floated)
Honestly it’s not the worst thing they could do and it would open up the possibility of the muppets popping up in random locations around WDW to give their take on popular attractions/areas of the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom