Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

doctornick

Hoping Star Tours is on it's way out ...
Why? It’s a solid attraction with low wait times and re-rideability due to the randomness. It’s actually one of the few things that makes DHS fairly tolerable since it can be enjoyed on a whim.

There’s a ton of underutilized and just plan unused space that should be considered for any investment first in that park.

HMF

Why? It’s a solid attraction with low wait times and re-rideability due to the randomness. It’s actually one of the few things that makes DHS fairly tolerable since it can be enjoyed on a whim.

There’s a ton of underutilized and just plan unused space that should be considered for any investment first in that park.
Mostly because there is an entire Star Wars Land in a completely different part of the park.

SamusAranX

This makes complete sense, so naturally Disney will gut Star Tours and replace it with a wonderful reskin ride, Rapunzel’s Space Adventure

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
It depends on how it happens exactly.
Riley's Inside Out Imagination Land Adventure (with Figment) will feature the same type of blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos that everyone's favorite purple dragon enjoyed in popular film franchise Inside Out. It's technically accurate!

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I think that Inside Out with Figment is off the cards because no one would like it. Figment fans are gonna hate the Inside Out aspects and families who don’t know figment are gonna be like “who is this guy? I wanna see Joy and Sadness not him!”

peng

I feel that the recent additions ruled out any Star Tours replacement in the short term. It's also the only way any pre ROTJ stuff is represented as the timeline thing still exists at Galaxy's Edge (that and I like Star Tours anyways). I can see Japan's biting the dust as it did not get the updates and their other tomorrowland rides are getting redos, but not the US one. If Star Tours does get replaced, I'd think a KH attraction would be perfect as you can reuse the same infrastructure and format of star tours, and could be done cheaply (swap out the C-3POs with Donald or Goofy and redress the animatronics out in the queue).

For figment, I do feel an Inside Out attraction is inevitable, but I do feel v4 can happen, mostly because of the Figment cameos that keep happening in Pixar films (he appears on a sign in TS4 in addition to the random Inside Out 2 cameos). A theater attraction a la Cranium Command would be perfect for it, even less people go to the theater, than JII, which also barely gets any crowds. Both need replacements of some kind, though I do feel the other likely option would be gutting everything but the DVC lounge (magic eye theater included) for a largish inside out ride. That being said, I still think there will be nothing added to Epcot announced at D23, except for maybe a blue sky segment, the focus of investment has shifted to AK and MK anyways.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

So what your saying they should demolish the thing separating the Star Wars Land and Star Tours...
No, do not touch the muppets. This is coming from someone who loves Star Wars. Muppets are barely acknowledged as it is we don’t need to lose their signature installation.

EDIT: I suppose it’s inevitable. I just hope that the muppets get something to replace Muppet Vision. If/when the inevitable replacement does occur. I also admit, it is a very dated movie and wish it would somehow be updated. That muppets great movie ride showed a lot of promise but will likely never happen.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom