Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

bmr1591

To your point (a), when they announced Journey of Water at a previous D23, I was totally of the mind that it would be something that Epcot purists would be very happy with as something Edutainment and adding foliage to a barren area (and with relatively mild IP intrusion). Boy was I wrong on how that was received by such hardcore folks.

Funnily enough, I see most praise of all the EPCOT changes directed toward Journey of Water. It is the most EPCOT of all the changes. Unfortunately, it belongs in Animal Kingdom.

TheRealSkull

They need to add something to Galaxy's Edge. It's far too big and empty. Use your space. It desperately needs more.

Animation Courtyard could be announced, but hard to imagine with the new Little Mermaid show coming.

I don't foresee any announcement about RnRC at D23. It just came off being down, so I don't foresee a change to it until 2026 at the earliest.
The New Little Mermaid show can exist next to a new land replacing Star Wars Launch Bay. Will take some impressive transitional theming, but they can pull it off.

doctornick

The New Little Mermaid show can exist next to a new land replacing Star Wars Launch Bay. Will take some impressive transitional theming, but they can pull it off.

It depends on what the "land" is, but honestly, they can combine One Man's Dream, VOTLM and Disney Jr along with the remaining Pixar Place into one "land" (I dunno, maybe call it "Animation Alley" or something like that) and if a new land on the Animation Building footprint is set back it can be a totally different area from that.

TheRealSkull

It depends on what the "land" is, but honestly, they can combine One Man's Dream, VOTLM and Disney Jr along with the remaining Pixar Place into one "land" (I dunno, maybe call it "Animation Alley" or something like that) and if a new land on the Animation Building footprint is set back it can be a totally different area from that.
Whatever expansion they do, it would make sense for the IP to match the popularity that Toy Story and Star Wars bring. The only ones I can think of are Marvel (that can't happen tho), Villians (will probably be saved for MK BBT), Princesses (fits better in MK), Cars, and Mickey and Friends. Those all came from stats alone determining most popular Disney franchises.

I know Zootopia has been talked about too, but honestly, that was just more speculation than rumor. Besides, that would be our third trackless ride in a park. Yeah, I know I've criticized people for saying Radiator Springs Racers wouldn't work anywhere in Disney World because of Test Track's existence, but I think 3 trackless rides in one park is bad for the sake of amount of breakdowns that occur daily in each of those rides. Also DHS needs more D tickets and below. More outdoor attractions would be nice, too. Slinky Dog Dash is very refreshing in that park.

Teddybearre

I decided that I wanted to pitch in and give my own D23 predictions. Now just a PSA, I haven’t read any of the rest of this thread, so if I get anything wildly wrong…please don’t sue me 😭

For starters, I’m predicting that the presentation runtime will be about three hours long. I know this is a very long runtime, but considering that the panel is said to be combined with the games this year, I predict that the games and the parks will each get a fair share of 90 minutes. So in retrospect, it’s not that bad.

Walt Disney World
- Tropical America details
- Coco coming to BBT
- Test Track 3.0 details
- New nighttime parade
- Zootopia show
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Blue Sky for animation courtyard

Disneyland
- Avengers e-ticket (shared announcement with Hong Kong)
- Pandora: The Way of Water coming to DCA
- TBA opening date
- Anniversary details

Disneyland Paris
- World of Frozen and Tangled teacups opening dates
- Lion King coming to Adventure World (and also to Animal Kingdom, surprise)

Hong Kong Disneyland
- Will share their announcement with Disneyland for the Avengers e-ticket

Tokyo Disneyland
- I personally don’t think we’ll see anything at D23 because they usually do their own announcements

Shanghai Disneyland
- Spider-Man coaster

Disney Cruises
- I don’t know much about the cruises, but there’s most likely going to be something about the three new ones coming

Moth

My predictions:
  • Everyone will have a pet project they're hoping for
  • There will be no announcement about those hoped-for projects
  • Everyone will fixate on their pet project not being announced
  • Everyone will be angry
  • The anger will motivate everyone to dis the projects that were announced
If I don't get "Family Guy River Jungle Rapids Adventure" in Magic Kingdom to replace It's a Small World, it's over.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, better give my reaction to annoucements a warmup..
disbelief-chris-farley.gif

Stripes

Premium Member
I feel they're going to so big this year with D23 - their biggest venue for announcements and a lot of hype around parks - I think they really have to go all in.

I think BBT Phase 2, Moana, AK and even HS expansion all might be very blue sky, but I think they're going to come out swinging.

I might be delusional, but I'm expecting the biggest slate of announcements ever for both US parks, at least.
WDI has well over 2,500 Imagineers employed right now with more being added every week. Before Shanghai DL was completed (and before the layoffs when it was finished) WDI had about 1,700 employees.

And Disney isn’t even working on a new park let alone an entirely new resort.

You can take it to the bank that there are a ton of projects in motion right now.

Last edited:

Dayoldbread16

I decided that I wanted to pitch in and give my own D23 predictions. Now just a PSA, I haven’t read any of the rest of this thread, so if I get anything wildly wrong…please don’t sue me 😭

For starters, I’m predicting that the presentation runtime will be about three hours long. I know this is a very long runtime, but considering that the panel is said to be combined with the games this year, I predict that the games and the parks will each get a fair share of 90 minutes. So in retrospect, it’s not that bad.

Walt Disney World
- Tropical America details
- Coco coming to BBT
- Test Track 3.0 details
- New nighttime parade
- Zootopia show
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Blue Sky for animation courtyard

Disneyland
- Avengers e-ticket (shared announcement with Hong Kong)
- Pandora: The Way of Water coming to DCA
- TBA opening date
- Anniversary details

Disneyland Paris
- World of Frozen and Tangled teacups opening dates
- Lion King coming to Adventure World (and also to Animal Kingdom, surprise)

Hong Kong Disneyland
- Will share their announcement with Disneyland for the Avengers e-ticket

Tokyo Disneyland
- I personally don’t think we’ll see anything at D23 because they usually do their own announcements

Shanghai Disneyland
- Spider-Man coaster

Disney Cruises
- I don’t know much about the cruises, but there’s most likely going to be something about the three new ones coming
Looks like the avengers e ticket construction may be starting soon
IMG_4297.jpeg

TheRealSkull

Whatever expansion they do, it would make sense for the IP to match the popularity that Toy Story and Star Wars bring. The only ones I can think of are Marvel (that can't happen tho), Villians (will probably be saved for MK BBT), Princesses (fits better in MK), Cars, and Mickey and Friends. Those all came from stats alone determining most popular Disney franchises.

I know Zootopia has been talked about too, but honestly, that was just more speculation than rumor. Besides, that would be our third trackless ride in a park. Yeah, I know I've criticized people for saying Radiator Springs Racers wouldn't work anywhere in Disney World because of Test Track's existence, but I think 3 trackless rides in one park is bad for the sake of amount of breakdowns that occur daily in each of those rides. Also DHS needs more D tickets and below. More outdoor attractions would be nice, too. Slinky Dog Dash is very refreshing in that park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom