Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I should rephrase, it’s not that it isn’t “needed” it for sure is needed but for a big D23 announcement? I expect way more and I think attractions/lands are more in line with what I expect/want.
I see what you mean. But I would also be perfectly fine with it, also I think it will get a very large reaction from the d23 crowd. Magic Kingdom hasn't had a proper nighttime parade since 2016 and there hasn't been a new nighttime parade stateside since 2015 with Paint The Night.

jrhwdw

I see what you mean. But I would also be perfectly fine with it, also I think it will get a very large reaction from the d23 crowd. Magic Kingdom hasn't had a proper nighttime parade since 2016 and there hasn't been a new nighttime parade stateside since 2015 with Paint The Night.
Which hasn't been used in the US since 2018, HKDL: since 2020.

We haven't seen MSEP since 2022....

peng

I thought now would be a good time to resurrect this thread. We are now around 37 days away from D23. What can we realistically expect to be announced at the parks panel? To recap I have seen the following projects be talked about I’ll put my personal chances next to the projects as I list them off.

Magic Kingdom:
  1. Beyond Big Thunder (I'd give this an 80% chance)
  2. Moana Adventureland (I'd give this a 65-70% chance) @EricsBiscuit stated in another thread this doesn't seem likely to be announced.
  3. Nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom (quick aside: personally while parades are cool I don't think they are the end all be all of what we need right now. WE NEED NEW INVESTMENT)
  4. Big Thunder Mountain refurb (I'd give this an 85% chance)
Epcot:
  1. Test Track (I'd give this a 100% chance)
  2. Soarin’ ending change (I’d give this a 55% chance)
Hollywood Studios:
  1. Animation Courtyard re-do (I'd give this a 30% chance)
  2. Rock N Roll retheme (I'd give this a 50% chance)
Animal Kingdom:
  1. Tropical Americas (I'd give this a 100% chance)
  2. Lion King land in Paris with the possibility of the flume being cloned in animal kingdom. (I'd give this a 90% chance of being announced for Paris and a 45% of it being announced for Animal Kingdom)
  3. Zootopia (Tree of Life) (I'd give this a 55% chance)
Disneyland:
  1. Avatar: The Way of Water expansion (I'd give this a 70% chance of being announced)
  2. Avengers E-Ticket (I'd give this a 75% chance)
Not very likely but it's been talked about:
  1. Figment (I want to hold out a little hope on this one so 30% chance)
  2. Spaceship Earth (40% chance)
  3. Something Inside Out (Probably too early)
What does everyone else think? Really hoping this is going to be the blockbuster D23 we all waited four years to see. As evident by my percentages I’m trying to keep my expectations in check. I’m sure they will also throw some curveballs no one expects as well.
BBT and Tropical Americas have been confirmed by D'Amaro to be talked about (only other things he confirmed are another Blue Sky segment and Video Games to be talked about). A RNRC retheme feels like it would be casually announced at the blog or downplayed, DL Avatar will probably show up as Iger won't stop talking about. I've said it before, but I can't shake the feeling that the parade is this year's Peoplemover replacement rumor and it won't show up, but I am expecting an entertainment refresh of the US parks at some scale (as it happened at the last few D23s).

Avengers E-Ticket is something where if it doesn't show up, we can consider it dead, on a similar note, if the Zootopia TOL redo doesn't show up, it is also dead. Expecting some talk about about DCL as that also happens at D23 things, LK in Paris I don't feel like it will happen and Inside Out will probably show up in the Blue Sky segment. Overall, I am keeping my expectations low and I have a hunch most of the presentation will be spent on meet and greets that will be discontinued in less than a couple months, again.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I feel they're going to so big this year with D23 - their biggest venue for announcements and a lot of hype around parks - I think they really have to go all in.

I think BBT Phase 2, Moana, AK and even HS expansion all might be very blue sky, but I think they're going to come out swinging.

I might be delusional, but I'm expecting the biggest slate of announcements ever for both US parks, at least.

Surferboy567

I feel they're going to so big this year with D23 - their biggest venue for announcements and a lot of hype around parks - I think they really have to go all in.

I think BBT Phase 2, Moana, AK and even HS expansion all might be very blue sky, but I think they're going to come out swinging.

I might be delusional, but I'm expecting the biggest slate of announcements ever for both US parks, at least.
I feel like they have to go big, purely because the past four years of parks panels have been so lackluster.

Gusey

I have a feeling that this year, there's going to be one significant announcement for each park worldwide and a few small announcements to fill up the panel (like Disneyland's 70th entertainment, Hong Kong Disneyland's 20th Parade, Zootopia in Tree of Life update, Test Track update,)
  • Beyond Big Thunder, Coco? @ MK
    • New Parade @ MK
    • Pirate Lounge Update @ MK
  • Tropical Americas Update @ AK
    • Zootopia update for Tree of Life @ AK
  • Figment or Inside Out somewhere @ Epcot
    • Test Track update @ Epcot
  • Little Mermaid Show Opening Date @ Hollywood Studios
  • Avatar Experience location confirmation @ Disneyland Resort (Disneyland, DCA or Disneyland Forward site)
    • Disneyland 70th anniversary entertainment
  • Avengers Multiverse Attraction @ DCA
  • Avengers Multiverse Attraction @ Hong Kong Disneyland
    • Hong Kong Disneyland 20th anniversary parade
  • Space Mountain update @ Tokyo Disneyland
  • Lion King Land @ Disney Adventure World
    • Space Mountain Refresh @ DLP
  • Rollercoaster @ Shanghai Disneyland
    • Shanghai's 3rd hotel update

Sneakman

Attachments

• IMG_2698.jpeg
    IMG_2698.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4

TheRealSkull

I have a feeling that this year, there's going to be one significant announcement for each park worldwide and a few small announcements to fill up the panel (like Disneyland's 70th entertainment, Hong Kong Disneyland's 20th Parade, Zootopia in Tree of Life update, Test Track update,)
  • Beyond Big Thunder, Coco? @ MK
    • New Parade @ MK
    • Pirate Lounge Update @ MK
  • Tropical Americas Update @ AK
    • Zootopia update for Tree of Life @ AK
  • Figment or Inside Out somewhere @ Epcot
    • Test Track update @ Epcot
  • Little Mermaid Show Opening Date @ Hollywood Studios
  • Avatar Experience location confirmation @ Disneyland Resort (Disneyland, DCA or Disneyland Forward site)
    • Disneyland 70th anniversary entertainment
  • Avengers Multiverse Attraction @ DCA
  • Avengers Multiverse Attraction @ Hong Kong Disneyland
    • Hong Kong Disneyland 20th anniversary parade
  • Space Mountain update @ Tokyo Disneyland
  • Lion King Land @ Disney Adventure World
    • Space Mountain Refresh @ DLP
  • Rollercoaster @ Shanghai Disneyland
    • Shanghai's 3rd hotel update
Really hope DHS gets more than that.

doctornick

The Animation Courtyard replacement rumors have gone very quite, and I couldn't think of anything else unless Rock 'n' Rollercoaster gets a retheme

There's absolutely no rumors about it, but one thing that would be easy to do would be to replace the BatB show if they wanted to have something "new". Or for that matter to change the Cars show (especially if RSR is going to be built somewhere at WDW).

Another thing I wonder about is if they would ever add the table service place to Galaxy's Edge (DHS and DL). I mean the space is sitting right there waiting to be used.

doctornick

I'm going to be real here and say that the only thing that would unify park fans is an Imagination 4 that wasn't playing around and understands the goal.

It's just hard to be excited when insiders say "this is gonna be an amazing panel for park fans" but
a) everyone wants something different for the parks
b) we've had insiders say that the last few years and the focus of this website (wdw) has basically gotten a hypothetical situation

At this point it's a 'fool me once' situation. Sink your hopes to the bottom and never be disappointed. Personally all I want is Test Track news.

To your point (a), when they announced Journey of Water at a previous D23, I was totally of the mind that it would be something that Epcot purists would be very happy with as something Edutainment and adding foliage to a barren area (and with relatively mild IP intrusion). Boy was I wrong on how that was received by such hardcore folks.

bmr1591

They need to add something to Galaxy's Edge. It's far too big and empty. Use your space. It desperately needs more.

Animation Courtyard could be announced, but hard to imagine with the new Little Mermaid show coming.

I don't foresee any announcement about RnRC at D23. It just came off being down, so I don't foresee a change to it until 2026 at the earliest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom