Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

Amongst the biggest surprises for me in the parks panel were the two things that I expected to be announced that weren't:

• Imagination update
  • Lion King to DAK

I think those are your most likely 2030 projects. Lion King seems to have actually been cut from the presentation (which I’d speculate Monsters Inc or one of the MK projects jumped the queue at some point). I say that because of the Horizons graphic.

Imagination was clearly sent back to the drawing board because of the unexpected success of Inside Out 2. It could still come earlier still in this decade as a bonus to prevent Epcot from limping.

As much as I want them to do otherwise, opening more than two major attractions per year is probably an unrealistic spend. They really seem to be aiming for two a year and then ancillary stuff at the adjacent parks to keep themselves chugging.

Stripes

Premium Member
I think those are your most likely 2030 projects. Lion King seems to have actually been cut from the presentation (which I’d speculate Monsters Inc or one of the MK projects jumped the queue at some point). I say that because of the Horizons graphic.

Imagination was clearly sent back to the drawing board because of the unexpected success of Inside Out 2. It could still come earlier still in this decade as a bonus to prevent Epcot from limping.

As much as I want them to do otherwise, opening more than two major attractions per year is probably an unrealistic spend. They really seem to be aiming for two a year and then ancillary stuff at the adjacent parks to keep themselves chugging.
Lion King 2019 is the 4th highest grossing movie of all time in Brazil. I feel like it’s possible they cut the announcement so they have something exciting to announce at D23 Brazil in November.

Just a theory. And perhaps an optimistic one.

BrianLo

Lion King 2019 is the 4th highest grossing movie of all time in Brazil. I feel like it’s possible they cut the announcement so they have something exciting to announce at D23 Brazil in November.

Just a theory. And perhaps an optimistic one.

I mean that would represent a ‘turbocharging’, but I too am like it’s probably not realistic to expect them to launch three new e-tickets in a given calendar year. Maybe 2029 if Villains slips? Especially since it doesn’t even seem to be a project for DAW until 2028.

Moth

Moth also brought up 2026 in the Cars thread and later hinted at an RnR retheme so I wonder if that's the something unanounced for 2026 that @wdwmagic was alluding to
I don't see RnR happening 2026, an announcement? Sure. But with the way things are shaking, Aerosmith is gonna stick around for awhile. Somehow.

It's on the "to-do" list. Just not like, immediately?

I know the 2026 thing isn't gonna be huge but it should make some people happy.

Figments Friend

This was the best thing to come out of this years’ D23 event….

Tony Baxter in a parade at Disneyland, during the ‘D23 Day’ last week.

The. Best. Thing.

❤️

IMG_4281.jpeg

TheDisneyParksfanC8

On a side note, there was speculation tossed around that Zootopia is being consided for DHS after Monsters. Would this be exclusive to DHS or would there be plans to clone it to other parks like DAW or DCA?

Question…given how immense the frozen ip is, why is there not more of a frozen expansion land equivalent to what Tokyo received ? I’m somewhat shocked that the only thing that Disney world got this point was an attraction at the world show case no less.

You would think that Disney would have expedited some tacked in addition to fantasy lane or even dhs at this point given how much of a force frozen is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
On a side note, there was speculation tossed around that Zootopia is being consided for DHS after Monsters. Would this be exclusive to DHS or would there be plans to clone it to other parks like DAW or DCA?
That's very vague and if a reality, far off. Many things can change... even things that are announced and supposed to happen real soon. There's dueling insider rumors about the placement of Monsters, an attraction that's announced and will be built (relatively) soon. Second and third phase builds are Shroedinger's Rides.

GenChi

If anything gets announced at D23 Brazil it's going to be Disney Cruises offering services in Brazil with the new fleet, that would be what excites them most

If there's a second one they could very well bluesky Brazil Pavilion but there's no indication they will even show anythingn parks

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought D+ and Hulu were going to be printing money by now?
They've only just stopped burning money. They've yet to have a full integration of Hulu and ESPN, or the bundle with Max, or the sports bundle with Max and Fox. Or their online gambling.

And Disney may have to pay Comcast up to $5B, depending on appraisal and arbitration.

So, they're only getting $2-4B in profit per quarter. And they're committing to spending $60B. That would take 5-10 years to cover it all, barring unforeseen circumstances.

And that's why Disney said they're spending $60B over 10 years. Math checks out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom