Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

ednamodedarling

The real question is what happens to Nemo? Does it become it's own "mini-land" in the time being? Just called "Theater of the Wild"?
Put it out of it's misery. The new version is a tragic shell of it's former self. New show or bulldoze it for something new. Maybe Moana once again is back on the table for DAK instead of MK. But then I would much rather the lion king flume in DAK over Moana.

Homemade Imagineering

Something that seems really odd to me is that with everything that got announced at D23 for WDW, we still have some glaring holes in the park that are not being fixed.

Specially....

1. Abandoned Wonders of Life at EPCOT
2. Journey into Imagination at EPCOT
3. Pixar Short Film Festival at EPCOT
4. Stitch's Great Escape at MK

I would think all four of those would be at the top of the list to fix before everything else.
It’s baffling to think I would’ve expected all of this to have been done by 2025 5 years ago. Then again we did go thru a worldwide pandemic which certainly didn’t help anything, but if they can announce things like Door Coaster (despite it’s controversial placement merits) then the optimist in me says these will be next. Others have indicated this to be the case at least, have you heard anything yourself?

bwr827

Remove Dinorama? Yes. Ideally for a good dinosaur themed ride (e.g. Excavator)

Remove Dinosaur (the ride) and Dinoland USA in general. No. It was perfectly fine and there should be dinosaurs represented in DAK.
Dinoland looks awful and detracts from the atmosphere of Disney and AK.

You’re in a world-class theme park and then suddenly you’re walking around a low-rent regional park.

Tha Realest

Does the old stitch space converting to the aliens film in Tomorrowland have any real traction?
1723658400747.gif

RSoxNo1

Amongst the biggest surprises for me in the parks panel were the two things that I expected to be announced that weren't:

• Imagination update
  • Lion King to DAK

The Leader of the Club

New meet and greet!

More realistically, I'm guessing a big new show to replace Beauty and the Beast. That's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't require new construction.
I think you’re on the money. It has to be big enough to have LL access, but not big enough to announce last weekend. A nice little Destination D announcement if you will.

splah

I wonder if these presentations do more harm than good. They just set up 6 years of constant criticism. I would think smaller annual announcements would be the better way to manage fan expectations

Brer Panther

Remove Dinorama? Yes. Ideally for a good dinosaur themed ride (e.g. Excavator)

Remove Dinosaur (the ride) and Dinoland USA in general. No. It was perfectly fine and there should be dinosaurs represented in DAK.
Dino-Rama does.

The rest of Dinoland USA with Dianosaur, Restaurantasaurus, the Boneyard all is quite good.
This. And to add insult to injury, they're replacing it with two franchises that don't belong in Animal Kingdom.

wutisgood

It’s baffling to think I would’ve expected all of this to have been done by 2025 5 years ago. Then again we did go thru a worldwide pandemic which certainly didn’t help anything, but if they can announce things like Door Coaster (despite it’s controversial placement merits) then the optimist in me says these will be next. Others have indicated this to be the case at least, have you heard anything yourself?
a worldwide pandemic that only delayed universal not much longer than the parks were closed.

The plans for disney world at least look to be high capacity rides and more popular even with some replacement happening. My issue as with other people have on here is disney world is supposed to have tons of expansion space so why not make every addition right now an expansion and then maybe we can replace some things phase 2?

Disneyland is forced to add ride capacity and mostly limit replacements and that is why it is the supperior resort.

BrianLo

Something that seems really odd to me is that with everything that got announced at D23 for WDW, we still have some glaring holes in the park that are not being fixed.

Specially....

1. Abandoned Wonders of Life at EPCOT
2. Journey into Imagination at EPCOT
3. Pixar Short Film Festival at EPCOT
4. Stitch's Great Escape at MK

I would think all four of those would be at the top of the list to fix before everything else.

I think the announcements represented mostly formed and greenlit only projects that also will start construction prior to D23 2026.

Which doesn’t preclude other projects being close in. This is just the backbone of the next 5 years. I’d be surprised if another new build attraction opened out of the woodwork before 2029, that we haven’t heard about.

But overlays (of which all of those you’d list I’d say qualify) are totally fair game. Those are 12-24 month projects once they start. I also feel like a DAK night show is greenlit, but it’s just not formed enough this far out to announce anything.

In fact, if I’m in a betting mood, whatever the DHS thing is you are hinting at, Mando/Grogu, MK HOP and DAK night show are exactly what’s on the docket for 2026, that they didn’t fully have ready to share. That’s a good slate of projects to tide over until marketing comes back with a vengeance in 2027. Basically, these are the type of ancillary projects they’ll bring to Destination next year.

I think Inside Out is now baking for Epcot before end of decade. In some form. But again, too early to share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom