Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

Where is the 2029 date coming from?

The very end of the presentation

"Just look around you at everything we have shared. As I mentioned at the top, I am so excited for everything we are doing. I can't wait for you to see these projects start to come to life over the next five years."

We can definitely parse words. But, Josh is not Chapek, he chooses his words quite clearly. He even corrected Scott Trowbridge at one point who very innocently said 'may' with "no, we 'are' doing these things".

Though I would also say end of 2029 into early 2030 counts as five years.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The very end of the presentation

"Just look around you at everything we have shared. As I mentioned at the top, I am so excited for everything we are doing. I can't wait for you to see these projects start to come to life over the next five years."

We can definitely parse words. But, Josh is not Chapek, he chooses his words quite clearly. He even corrected Scott Trowbridge at one point who very innocently said 'may' with "no, we 'are' doing these things".

Though I would also say end of 2029 into early 2030 counts as five years.
Is this the presentation that included the ships? Tokyo's ship is 2029, that's five years.

If they're moving dirt now, as Josh said, Villains should be one of the first mini-lands done.

JSchnitz

Attachments

• IMG_5097.jpeg
    IMG_5097.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 35

BrianLo

Is this the presentation that included the ships? Tokyo's ship is 2029, that's five years.

If they're moving dirt now, as Josh said, Villains should be one of the first mini-lands done.

Oh, you think it will be on a faster timeline than 2029?

But yes, notably the ships extend to 2031. Though I feel like that’s understood empirically, since that was dated. Everything else struck me as within 5 years from his comment.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Oh, you think it will be on a faster timeline than 2029?

But yes, notably the ships extend to 2031. Though I feel like that’s understood empirically, since that was dated. Everything else struck me as within 5 years from his comment.
But Cars and TA were specifically mentioned to be done in 2027.

BrianLo

But Cars and TA were specifically mentioned to be done in 2027.

Sorry… I’m actually lost on what your position is? What are we talking about?

I’m saying I think all the major parks projects should be done within five years. I think I misinterpreted what you were arguing.

I don’t remember a date on cars, did that happen after the fact?

My read on the date menagerie is that Tropical Americas was called out specifically because it was first. Coco was called out because it was starting up later than everything else.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Sorry… I’m actually lost on what your position is? What are we talking about?

I’m saying I think all the major parks projects should be done within five years. I think I misinterpreted what you were arguing.

I don’t remember a date on cars, did that happen after the fact?

My read on the date menagerie is that Tropical Americas was called out specifically because it was first. Coco was called out because it was starting up later than everything else.
Here's all the dates mentioned in Disney's online materials. I was asking where a 2029 date showed up for Villains. Some part of it already "underway."

Where is the 2029 date coming from?

I'm putting together the updates to the sacred timeline, and this is what I have as far as official dates from Disney. I haven't checked if there were any updates in the past 24 hours...

???? ???? – MK Villains Land / Start Aug 2024 (“underway”) /

2027 ???? – MK Cars mini land, 2 rides, / Start: early 2025 /

2025 Sum – MK night time parade, Starlight

2025 ???? – MK – Pirate’s Lounge

???? ???? – MK DVC Lounge (former shooting range) / Start 2025 /

???? ???? DHS – Monstropolis – hanging coaster / Start 2025 /

2026 ???? DHS – New story to Smugglers Run feat. Mando and Grogu

2025 ???? EP – Test Track refresh reopens

2025 ???? EP – SSE Lounge

2025 Wint DAK – Zootopia in Tree of Life, “Better Zoogether”

2027 ???? DAK – Tropical Americas: Indy, Encanto, Carousel Start 2024

2024 Dec. DCL – The Treasure, Triton Class, Port Canaveral

2025 Nov. DCL – The Destiny, Triton Class

2025 ???? DCL – The Adventure, newly acquired, Singapore

2029 ???? DCL – Unnamed, Triton class, Tokyo (OLC)

2027-2031 DCL – 4 more ships

2025 ???? – DL – 70th Anniversary

2024 ???? – DL Nov 15, TBA opens

2025 ???? – DL Walt Disney: A Magical Life

???? ???? – DCA Avatar/Pandora

???? ???? – DCA Coco ride / Start 2026 /

???? ???? – DCA Avengers Infinity Defense & Stark Flight Lab

2026 ???? – DAW World of Frozen

2026 ???? – DAW New fountain/drone show on Adventure Bay

???? ???? – DAW Lion King mini-land with flume

???? ???? – HDL Spider-Man thrill tower

???? ???? – SDL Spider-Man thrill coaster

2024 Aug 16 – Epic: Fortnight Marvel season - Doom

2024 Soon – Epic: More Fortnight Disney skins

TrainsOfDisney

Come to life in 5 years doesn’t mean open in 5 years. It means legit construction is taking place and over 5 years projects are planned to open and continue to be constructed.

That’s my understanding.

Villians is early on - they couldn’t start building today if they had flat land and wanted to. “Earth is moving” yeah they are prepping for work around MK that will allow for lots of construction that will prep the land to build a villains land on top.

hopemax

Question…given how immense the frozen ip is, why is there not more of a frozen expansion land equivalent to what Tokyo received ? I’m somewhat shocked that the only thing that Disney world got this point was an attraction at the world show case no less.

You would think that Disney would have expedited some tacked in addition to fantasy lane or even dhs at this point given how much of a force frozen is.
Because this is how WDW handles popular IP. The mistreatment for such a huge franchise should have been obvious, and I raised the point about Frozen needed to be a bigger scale, if they really wanted to move the attendance needle of the park it was in, but many people latched onto the "but no one rode Maelstrom," narrative to counter criticism about Frozen going in that space. Same as what is happening with these projects.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Because this is how WDW handles popular IP. The mistreatment for such a huge franchise should have been obvious, and I raised the point about Frozen needed to be a bigger scale, if they really wanted to move the attendance needle of the park it was in, but many people latched onto the "but no one rode Maelstrom," narrative to counter criticism about Frozen going in that space. Same as what is happening with these projects.
At least DLR has the chance to get a proper frozen land.

BrianLo

Here's all the dates mentioned in Disney's online materials. I was asking where a 2029 date showed up for Villains. Some part of it already "underway."

Ah! Deductive reasoning. Underway means the lay down yards and site prep, that was a clearly crafted fib.

ROA doesn’t actually close until next year, seemingly. Cars will be an approximately 3 year project and we’re at best looking at early 2028 there. Villains land will come in the second phase.

None of this is official, but I certainly wouldn’t conclude Villainsland is imminent, based on everything we know. It doesn’t make sense from a marketing perspective to go faster than sequentially opening the six major rides two at a time.

Quietmouse

Is there a reason why Disney construction takes as long as it does? I’ve seen giant Manhattan skyscrapers with over 400 units be built within a span of 3 years.

I know Florida weather is more dodgy but it doesn’t really compute why a multi billion dollar company like Disney has issues with expedited construction.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is there a reason why Disney construction takes as long as it does? I’ve seen giant Manhattan skyscrapers with over 400 units be built within a span of 3 years.

I know Florida weather is more dodgy but it doesn’t really compute why a multi billion dollar company like Disney has issues with expedited construction.
They slow roll it…period

You’ll get a million excuses…but the reality is if it takes double to build now with superior technology what it took them to build 40 years ago…that’s a matter of choice, tactics, mismanagement…or likely all 3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom