Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
They have to leave some things for next D23 events. There must be a lot of other things in the pipeline if they are really going to spend $16b in the next 10 years.
Exactly. I'm surprised they announced Coco this time honestly. I thought it was going to go the way of Tomorrowland, Moana, Frozen, and Inside Out where they were saving some.

Jrb1979

Given the sheer volume of announcements at this D23 and the numerous plans that are still unnannounced over the next decade, they didn't announce literally everything. Still expect EPCOT to redo Spaceship Earth this decade.

Redoing Imagination, Wonders of Life, and adding Inside Out (which has moved up in priority) are still happening, but are slated for the end of this development cycle now that this "phase" of EPCOT is complete. Their openings should happen spread between other projects at other parks.

To the average park goer, the other WDW parks and DCA need work far more and that's in addition to Test Track receiving fantastic changes. EPCOT will still feel fresh for the coming years, but it won't be neglected!
My response was more about adding IP and Pixar to EPCOT. My response was why not finish World Showcase as originally planned. The Rhine River cruise, Mt Fuji coaster

Magenta Panther

If i'm remembering correctly, you hate the Muppets on an innate level. Even back when Jim Henson was running it. As Frank Oz stated in that interview, Disney's Muppets are nothing like they once were. I enjoy the classic Muppets and even I admit that. It's a common thing with franchises that Disney takes ownership of, many Star Wars fans can relate with.

The Muppets were extremely popular for quite a few decades, even throughout the 90s for a time after Jim Henson passed they still had a number of popular and successful bits of media such as their versions of Treasure Island and Christmas Carol. I also find that their old material holds up amazingly well, much of which I was not raised on and only first saw as an adult. I think if you can see past your intrinsic hatred of the IP, you could also see that Disney's attempts with the IP have been less well liked even from the same audiences than they were under Jim Henson and his initial successors that handled it in the several years following his death. It is not the same now.

I didn't hate them "back when Jim Henson whatever", I just outgrew them. But yeah, they're not the same. They're dated. Kids today don't care about them. Which is why the newer shows have failed. As for blaming Disney, I have to wonder if it was Disney who told the crew behind the puppets to use profanity on the ill-fated ABC show. Somehow I doubt that. If the people who made that blunder are the ones who are handling them now, blame them. They're trying desperately to make the puppets relevant to today, and it looks like they're failing. THEY'RE failing, not the company that saved their characters from the dustbin of history.

I know that you fanatics will forever remain convinced that the puppets could be as popular as ever if Disney could "just figure them out". Believe what you like. But getting back to WDW, if Disney is willing (god forbid) to get rid of the riverboat and RoA, then why would it keep the puppet theater? Disneyland got rid of its version, and nobody shed a tear. Just sayin'.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why?

Considering we have talking animals, sea witches, a giant green eyeball with arms/legs and singing mice and ducks, I don’t quite understand how anthropomorphic cars are a bridge too far.
Doesn’t fit any of the land themes…doesn’t fit the culture of today…had one really good movie done by the original Pixar braintrust and hot garbage after?
I definitely would have preferred it be here. Or better yet, nowhere; and get a electruc futuristic tron-like car overlay
And a totally different IP by Big thunder.

But based on that concept art- that’s near big thunder. No question.

Only silver lining is at least they’re unique attractions.
Which is why it makes more sense there

Or in Tomorrowland where they have two Pixar rides as is.

This kinda shoehorning makes it look like they have no idea how a park is put together (true) or they have anti-customer ulterior motives (likely)

duncedoof

my hot take with the paris lion king...it is an admission of defeat they got star wars wrong and they know it. gave up on plans for a 3rd iteration
I think the performance of their upcoming slate of theatrical Star Wars will determine the future of Galaxy's Edge. So they're holding off on porting it until they know what they want to do with it.

The new Rey film is a key one for this decision. If it bombs, they will likely go ahead with detaching the focus of GE from the sequels.

If the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda, Filoni Thrawn movie, are a success (despite requiring D+ TV homework) you can bet they will make GE set as timeless and feature characters from all over, rather than just sequels. Which is how it should've been, honestly.

We all know GE begs major changes, and they know it too. As a Sequel enjoyer, it's obvious that this is what they are thinking.

Magenta Panther

EPCOT is a fairly easy problem to solve quite easily. Redo Imagination and Pixar Short Film, and make it amazing. Build the Play pavilion, and bring something great to the UK.
Yes! Like Cherry Tree Lane. That was a great idea. And I think park guests would love it if it were done properly and not reduced to just a carousel (AND if it was based on the original film and NOT on the unnecessary sequel).

wutisgood

Again the majority of Disney guests only have ONE Weeks vacation at a time. Adding more parks will take attendance from the other parks as people only have so much time to do things.
Again with this nonsense. The Orlando airport added a major new terminal. Tourist numbers are on the rise. Hotel capacity is rising. Universal is confident enough in the expanding market to be opening a whole new park. While a new park could initially pull some attendance the overall future of the market is growth. Disney can either expand to take on that growth or give it away to competitors.

Just because YOU have enough to do at Disney world for a week does not mean other people wouldn't benefit from expansion in Orlando. If Disney had 6 parks I would do pretty much everything in all of them in a week. Many people go more than one week. Many people like me go down multiple times a year for shorter trips and switch up what they do.

Disney has held back a lot of demand as it is because of aggressive price increases.

James Alucobond

Anyone else feel like these changes should force a Tomorrowland redo in short order? With Cars in Frontierland, the Speedway will feel more irrelevant than ever. Buzz already felt like it was living on borrowed time with TSL at HS. Laugh Floor should totally move to the new Monsters land. Space Mountain needs a re-track. Stitch still sits empty. It’s time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the performance of their upcoming slate of theatrical Star Wars will determine the future of Galaxy's Edge. So they're holding off on porting it until they know what they want to do with it.

The new Rey film is a key one for this decision. If it bombs, they will likely go ahead with detaching the focus of GE from the sequels.

If the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda, Filoni Thrawn movie, are a success (despite requiring D+ TV homework) you can bet they will make GE set as timeless and feature characters from all over, rather than just sequels. Which is how it should've been, honestly.

We all know GE begs major changes, and they know it too. As a Sequel enjoyer, it's obvious that this is what they are thinking.
I don’t want be a downer when the sugar high is still going…but we gotta talk when things calm down…

Ugh still no Star Wars sit down restaurant. What are they waiting for? Jabba the hut dinner show would print money.
Until management changes…they won’t acknowledge how bad they screwed it up…so they won’t embrace the OT beyond tepid.

It’s only worth billions in product annually…and unmeasured gobs of fan good will. Desperately needed.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like these changes should force a Tomorrowland redo in short order? With Cars in Frontierland, the Speedway will feel more irrelevant than ever. Buzz already felt like it was living on borrowed time with TSL at HS. Laugh Floor should totally move to the new Monsters land. Space Mountain needs a re-track. Stitch still sits empty. It’s time.
The survival of the Speedway continues to amaze me. Seems like an awful lot of space devoted to a very weak ride. I guess maybe it has its fans among families with pre-teens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Again with this nonsense. The Orlando airport added a major new terminal. Tourist numbers are on the rise. Hotel capacity is rising. Universal is confident enough in the expanding market to be opening a whole new park. While a new park could initially pull some attendance the overall future of the market is growth. Disney can either expand to take on that growth or give it away to competitors.

Just because YOU have enough to do at Disney world for a week does not mean other people wouldn't benefit from expansion in Orlando. If Disney had 6 parks I would do pretty much everything in all of them in a week. Many people go more than one week. Many people like me go down multiple times a year for shorter trips and switch up what they do.

Disney has held back a lot of demand as it is because of aggressive price increases.

Listen to what he’s telling you

It’s 100% correct

Again…this was determined by the Jedi council of Disney watchers long ago.

Why the combative?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I do feel bad for WDW fans going to the next D23. We’re not getting any new stuff announced for a few years until they get through this list.

EPCOT's 50th is 2032... announcing anything for EPCOT (intended to open for their 50th) would be premature now (8 years out), but announcing it in 2 years (at the next D23) would seem logical... I think they'll have a ramp up to EPCOT's 50th... just need to put the attention on what is coming sooner now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom