Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

mickEblu

Was planning to go to WDW for the first time with their family in 2026 but if the Doors Coaster and Indy/ Encanto open in 2027/2028 that might be worth postponing. Then again, maybe not. who knows how many classic attractions they get rid of by then? For example, riding the original TOT is more important to me than any of the above attractions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The background in one of the two pieces of art is clearly SOA / Grand Ave-ish. However, it seems much more likely that Monsters is heading to AC, and that the "neighborhood block" aesthetic is being extended as the creative moves away from huge "soundstages".
Maybe they want to change the aesthetic of AC to match more the L.A. neighborhood vibe that Grand Ave. has.

UNCgolf

EPCOT is a fairly easy problem to solve quite easily. Redo Imagination and Pixar Short Film, and make it amazing. Build the Play pavilion, and bring something great to the UK.

Building the Play Pavilion wouldn't do anything to help EPCOT long-term (and probably wouldn't even help much short-term) unless they change it into something completely different from what was originally announced.

mattpeto

EPCOT is a fairly easy problem to solve quite easily. Redo Imagination and Pixar Short Film, and make it amazing. Build the Play pavilion, and bring something great to the UK.
Definitely a little bummed Coco is only going out West. Would have been great at MK.

I know it's not a fit for Epcot unless they want tear down Royal Sommerhaus.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Joe Rohde at Legends

D23_Full_57245.jpg

Captain Neo

View attachment 808310

I mean that's Launch Bay right? Like very clearly?

So we lose Disney Junior and Launch Bay and maybe Mermaid.

isn’t this just going where it was always rumored to go which is that empty soundstage next to animation pavilion? The area was approved for it 15 years ago. What happened to LEE and Marni are they still around? I guess someone can ask (and apologize) to my boy Jim Hill as well

Magenta Panther

And another thing. When is WDW or Disneyland going to upgrade their Peter Pan rides? Shanghai has an updated version which is pretty darn good, and Tokyo has one that's amazing. Meanwhile, we here in the States have the same dated dinky rides that were built like in the 1960's. That's ridiculous. All the Imagineers would have to do is clone the rides from either Shanghai and Tokyo. Why can't WE have nice things?

Lilofan

Shortly before its demise, it was a flex space. It hosted the Frozen singalong until it got a permanent home.
Thanks. That's a pretty big empty indoor theatre space to use for special events. That used to be the old Hunchback theatre before that was demolished and Lights Motor Action and that indoor theatre was built afterwards.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Why not finish the original plans. That would be good enough
Given the sheer volume of announcements at this D23 and the numerous plans that are still unnannounced over the next decade, they didn't announce literally everything. Still expect EPCOT to redo Spaceship Earth this decade.

Redoing Imagination, Wonders of Life, and adding Inside Out (which has moved up in priority) are still happening, but are slated for the end of this development cycle now that this "phase" of EPCOT is complete. Their openings should happen spread between other projects at other parks.

*I’d also like to add, The Incredibles will definitely be receiving a larger presence as welll!*

To the average park goer, the other WDW parks and DCA need work far more and that's in addition to Test Track receiving fantastic changes. EPCOT will still feel fresh for the coming years, but it won't be neglected!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom