Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's wrong with Villains Land? That idea has been thought off decades now?
That’s kinda myth

The boutique villains PARK is what was kicked around forever…and the fire mountain Eisner era thing

Cross them and it seems like “villains land”

But what we got that actually lies closest is galactic bobcruiser…the monument to mistakes

Last edited:

The Chatbox Ghost

I haven’t gathered the bugaboo on monstropolis. This thread is like 50 pages longer than when I left it. Is it not going into behind the animation courtyard plot?
That’d make the most sense. Animation Courtyard is a ghost town, demolish it and put Monsters there. Move the new Ariel show to where the Beauty and the Beast show is and replace it.

BrianLo

Ok first of all I’m so annoyed I was going to make a joke about so can we start up a “Monsters Dood coaster rumour against 20 minutes post the show, or should I wait until tomorrow” when I thought the cars rumour was just endless recycling. It was facetious, didn’t actually expect them to pull that one out.

My minor gloating is that I had the cruise ships really nailed and as the president of the Carousel is NOT Coco club, I was vindicated on that one.

I’m not mad about cars. Inevitably my fear with these projects are they aren’t developed for the parks they occupy. WDW has an all too recent unfortunate history with this. Yes sometimes something like Ratatouille just kind of works out. As an ‘every parks fan’ I am just tickled how there was absolutely no clones in that whole presentation!

I think Coco and Moana for Magic Kingdom are dead. In so far as I really don’t think those are coming, it’s actually just way too much for Magic Kingdom. Especially since Villains land seems to be a 2029 project.

DCA, as mentioned, is just fire. No complaints there. I really would have liked a bit more substance to the 70th, but whatever. I am not surprised DLForward failed to feature as clearly Josh took the we are focusing on things that are solid only. I do feel bad for the coaster crew at DCA as I’m sure it was painful to watch both Spiderman and the Door Coaster, which I know they are pining for.

I’m still not sure what the temperature is here, but it seems not hugely one of disappointment?

The show was very good in person. Padded to high heavens. But extremely self aware. I told everyone Josh (unlike Chapek) is not stupid. He knows and references basically every forum complaint with a wink and a nod. Including the just tune in to the parks blog if you don’t want to see the musical numbers wink and nod.

Deadpool segment was hilarious. Talent was impressive. They really did ‘up’ the whole presentation into quite the spectacle. Not sure how much you all loved it from home per say, but it was delightful in person and they really used that mid floor stage so my seats were a lot better than they felt last night for the price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Plus the Fire Mountain plot isn’t big enough for a whole land. It’s just enough space for a major E ticket and a pathway to it.
Land is relative…they’ve been shrinking the goal posts on those as they have on quality in dvc…

And e ticket means nothing when we use them as a label, and not a measurement of achievement. We have many recent examples there.

fgmnt

Potentially all of Dino land which is 2 rides, small animal trail, restaurant, gift shop, and play area.
I think it would be really weird to not run a really long tail on Dinosaur operations, potentially through next year. If they are targeting a May 2027 opening, should be able to run it through 1/5/26 imo.

I genuinely think it's down to the wire as to where the DHS and Cars attractions are going. Like, they might still not have that locked in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok first of all I’m so annoyed I was going to make a joke about so can we start up a “Monsters Dood coaster rumour against 20 minutes post the show, or should I wait until tomorrow” when I thought the cars rumour was just endless recycling. It was facetious, didn’t actually expect them to pull that one out.

My minor gloating is that I had the cruise ships really nailed and as the president of the Carousel is NOT Coco club, I was vindicated on that one.

I’m not mad about cars. Inevitably my fear with these projects are they aren’t developed for the parks they occupy. WDW has an all too recent unfortunate history with this. Yes sometimes something like Ratatouille just kind of works out. As an ‘every parks fan’ I am just tickled how there was absolutely no clones in that whole presentation!

I think Coco and Moana for Magic Kingdom are dead. In so far as I really don’t think those are coming, it’s actually just way too much for Magic Kingdom. Especially since Villains land seems to be a 2029 project.

DCA, as mentioned, is just fire. No complaints there. I really would have liked a bit more substance to the 70th, but whatever. I am not surprised DLForward failed to feature as clearly Josh took the we are focusing on things that are solid only. I do feel bad for the coaster crew at DCA as I’m sure it was painful to watch both Spiderman and the Door Coaster, which I know they are pining for.

I’m still not sure what the temperature is here, but it seems not hugely one of disappointment?

The show was very good in person. Padded to high heavens. But extremely self aware. I told everyone Josh (unlike Chapek) is not stupid. He knows and references basically every forum complaint with a wink and a nod. Including the just tune in to the parks blog if you don’t want to see the musical numbers wink and nod.

Deadpool segment was hilarious. Talent was impressive. They really did ‘up’ the whole presentation into quite the spectacle. Not sure how much you all loved it from home per say, but it was delightful in person and they really used that mid floor stage so my seats were a lot better than they felt last night for the price.
Not to be the Deborah…

But those could be BS and they just decided to spin them differently to avoid the bad chapek juju?

This is still a financial ship leaking oil and their lords want them to MAKE money…not spend it. And it’s not going well.

The Chatbox Ghost

Land is relative…they’ve been shrinking the goal posts on those as they have on quality in dvc…

And e ticket means nothing when we use them as a label, and not a measurement of achievement. We have many recent examples there.
Either way, I don’t see a whole land going behind Adventureland. It makes much more sense for Villains to be Beyond Big Thunder and adjacent to Fantasyland and the Haunted Mansion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Jim Hill's been discussing about the Monsters Inc Door Coaster for years now. Can't wait to hear his reaction in the next episode of Disney Dish.
He’s always been a Buffon that just talks. Basically screamscape
This feels like predicting a Lion King ride since 1994 and crowing because they've just announced one in 2024.
I have no opinion on Jim hill 🫢

wutisgood

Yes, all the talk of expanding capacity at WDW seems odd in light of the announcements tonight. It seems the Monster's Inc. coaster will replace at least one existing attraction (if not two) and Tropical Americas does involve one major new ride, but is also a makeover of an existing land. That leaves Cars in Frontierland, but even that looks like it will be one major attraction and perhaps some kind of flat ride that may also end up taking a few existing attractions out of action.

DCA is pretty much all growth, and in some big ways.
I am not surprised at all. Disney is limited on space in Anaheim. They need to use any availible space for ride expansions and have a significant incentive to try to get DCA up in capacity to even out attendance from disneyland which has way more attractions. New rides expand the amount of tickets disney can sell per day in Anaheim by upping the max capacity.

The economics just make DL Resort a much better experience from my perspective if you just want to get on the most attractions in a day. In disney world physical space is what limits max attendance mostly and not the number of attractions. The incentive is much more geared twords pumping the number of guests higher on the physical capacity so that more people buy lighning lane and other premium access.

Captain Neo

It’s funny the Monsters Inc door coaster for DHS was first reported here (and by Jim Hill) back in 2007. The coco boat ride was talked about here back in 17/18 too if I remember right.

I’ve been reading about a Villians Land for MK since 1999 on sites like Screamscape

It’s surreal that these projects are actually happening

What’s next Fire Mountain and Beastly Kingdom?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s funny the Monsters Inc door coaster for DHS was first reported here (and by Jim Hill) back in 2007. The coco boat ride was talked about here back in 17/18 too if I remember right.

I’ve been reading about a Villians Land for MK since 1999 on sites like Screamscape

It’s surreal that these projects are actually happening

What’s next Fire Mountain and Beastly Kingdom?
The door coaster predates that…it was talked about on the Disney intraweb no later than 2003-2004…

Ironically where midway mania is now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom