Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Sir_Cliff

DCA was the real winner of the night. Its makeover is stronger on paper than any of the major WDW ones last decade, even DHS.
Yes, all the talk of expanding capacity at WDW seems odd in light of the announcements tonight. It seems the Monster's Inc. coaster will replace at least one existing attraction (if not two) and Tropical Americas does involve one major new ride, but is also a makeover of an existing land. That leaves Cars in Frontierland, but even that looks like it will be one major attraction and perhaps some kind of flat ride that may also end up taking a few existing attractions out of action.

DCA is pretty much all growth, and in some big ways.

SweetDuffy101

Im kinda disappointed with their entertainment lineup. I mean Disneyland’s 70 is just around the corner and no concrete announcements regarding entertainment has been made.

Also Whats up with them and Disneyland paris not getting new offerings at all. No original attraction announcements no parade. and TDR yeah, Thats a no brainer since they need to get an approval from OLC just to announce new offerings like tomorrowland and the new cruise being built.

Hongkong Disneyland never received an announcement on the Avengers E-ticket and not Spiderman ToT ride. or new parade being planned.

I feel like theres an another big event coming after this and this is just the beginning of announcements.

BrianLo

Yes, all the talk of expanding capacity at WDW seems odd in light of the announcements tonight. It seems the Monster's Inc. coaster will replace at least one existing attraction (if not two) and Tropical Americas does involve one major new ride, but is also a makeover of an existing land. That leaves Cars in Frontierland, but even that looks like it will be one major attraction and perhaps some kind of flat ride that may also end up taking a few existing attractions out of action.

I haven’t gathered the bugaboo on monstropolis. This thread is like 50 pages longer than when I left it. Is it not going into behind the animation courtyard plot?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

We know nothing about replacements as it stands. Anyone declaring otherwise is dead wrong.

Why? Because these two idiots - and they’re still idiots - keep pulling this crap in Orlando.

We all do know the angles at this point, correct?

andysol

For those wondering where monsters goes- it’s actually both muppets/star tours *and* animation courtyard according to their concept art.

Each of the two concept arts show each location. So it’s one of those… whichever one is the newer concept art.

Just like encanto now not being a boat but still using old boat concept art and cropping it out.

From Schmoozy singing life is a highway to the totally non confusing concept art… production knocked it out of the park tonight.

Sir_Cliff

I haven’t gathered the bugaboo on monstropolis. This thread is like 50 pages longer than when I left it. Is it not going into behind the animation courtyard plot?
The suggestion is that, from the artwork, it looks like it may replace Star Tours and/or MuppetVision.

That comes from Brayden, but he seems correct that Grand Avenue and the Muppet courtyard pavers seem to be in the pic.

Captain Neo

The space will be home to two major attractions, dining, and shopping on an incredibly twisted grand scale. “Be prepared, you poor unfortunate souls,” Josh teased. “It’s going to be a fearless new vision for what a Disney experience can be.”

Wait I’m out of the loop. The villains land was talked about and still planned??? I thought they were doing Cars Country instead

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you hear the joker say that?

No one else did…

In fact…the only things proposed for Orlando that hinted at a spot was in DAK…

The ambiguity is suspect. There’s always “bad news” when they give up a nickel there

TrainsOfDisney

Montstropolis he said early next year. Cars he said dirt was already moving. He didn't say anything for villains.
“Dirt is moving” to prep the MK expansion - there’s so many lack of details here that it’s hard to figure out what is happening.

If I wanted to be extra doom and gloom I’d say they are going to close a ton of stuff on say January 5th and part of these announcements are them making a huge operational budget cut.

Potentially all of Dino land which is 2 rides, small animal trail, restaurant, gift shop, and play area.

Potentially Tom Sawyer Island and Riverboat, along with the railroad (railroad would return after 1-2 years again?)

Studios has me the most confused - I’m not sure where monstropolis is going - so not sure what all would close for it.

That’s a lot to cut from operations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom