• HKDL ~$500 Mil
  • Spider-Man Dr. Octopus Tower of Terror ~ 500 Mil

• DLP ~$700 Mil
  • Lion King Land and Log Flume ~ 600
  • Lake Show ~ 100 million

• DCL ~$5 Bil
  • 4 New Cruise Ships

~$12.2 BILLION total in announcements tonight
The fact that disney can't build a new major attraction for less than 400 million seems insane. I was hoping the guardians coaster was somewhat of an anomoly. Evrest as the most expensive attraction ever made at the time is like 170 million adjusted for inflation. What the hell happened at disney?

The Chatbox Ghost

I feel like that was 90% filler and only a handful of actually big announcements. Better than blue sky I guess?

Highlights:
  • Villains land
  • Country Bears not only referenced but were the finale of the show
  • Coco ride seems cool
  • Monsters Inc Land
Negatives:
  • Cars in Frontierland- literally my nightmare
  • Walt animatronic feels like it’s really leaning into the cult side of the company and the further degradation of Walt’s legacy, making him more mythical character than real human
  • Live action Lion King land
  • The entire Deadpool bit
  • Fortnite in general
  • All those awful musical numbers meant to pad the run time
  • Bayou Country- makes no sense with Pooh and CBJ being there. Should’ve made Tiana’s NOS and then reverted the rest to Bear Country, or just left it Critter Country
  • No Hungry Bear Barbecue in MK :(

Neutral:
  • Everything I didn’t mention above
Definitely better than the blue sky years but man they needed more. Why not surprise everyone with a new Figment or the return of Horizons? A retrack of Space Mountain and Big Thunder with new effects? An expansion of Adventureland with Moana? I dunno man.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I feel less enthused about the announcements tonight than most.

For one thing, they were so vague on details. That goes for Villainsland especially, but also where the hell additions like the Cars area of Frontierland and Monstropolis are going. My suspicion is that they didn't want to say because those two things involve some unpopular replacements.

I'm also not down for Cars in Frontierland. If anything, the fact that Josh D'Amaro framed the new addition as part of Frontierland and part of a re-thinking of Frontierland makes me think they're going to screw it up and basically theme it to a contemporary Western tourist town.

The Paris Lion King ride looks like another mistake heaped upon an entirely mistaken re-launch of that park.

The Disneyland additions, though, all seemed good to me.

DCA was the real winner of the night. Its makeover is stronger on paper than any of the major WDW ones last decade, even DHS.

Mike S

Tonight feels more preparing for Pokémon in USF than anything. Pokémon will be a game changer due to how MASSIVE that IP is.
It’s made more money than any other entertainment brand in the world and it only started in 1996. Disney would be right to be scared of it.

Moth

Moth's Report Card

The Pros
  • Avatar at DCA looks awesome, incredibly excited for that.
  • Monsters Inc at DHS is long overdue, as a favorite film of mine, I'm game.
  • Cars, despite people being tepid about it, I feel it's a bold move that can work, if approached properly.
  • Only took 30 years but The Lion King is getting a ride.
  • Very excited with the expansion of MK versus replacement.
The Cons
  • Dinoland didn't have to die.
  • What is Monsters replacing?
  • Why Cars?
  • Why ignore EPCOT and let SSE and Imagination rot?
  • Why remain so vague and blue-sky about Villains?
  • Not enough Fortnite. We knew almost all of these were coming. Mr. Incredible was leaked a few weeks ago even.
  • Bayou Country with Pooh?
  • Why genuinely name it Horizons if the park of the namesake of the panel, the song you kept playing the few notes of, if you have nothing FOR the park?
  • Why cover nothing else about Test Track at least? Show us a photo of work inside or something.

Monsters is such a strong plus for me, I can't give this below a 7/10 because Monsters is such a nice add to DHS.

wutisgood

my hot take with the paris lion king...it is an admission of defeat they got star wars wrong and they know it. gave up on plans for a 3rd iteration
Wasn't it just going to be rise of the resistance? Generally cloning what many consider is the best ride ever made would be a good idea. I doubt the decision to cancel it had anythign to do with the response to the land as a whole.

brb1006

So they finnally are doing a deaviantart as a section?
deadpool_n__boba_fett_vs_disney_world_by_m7781_d5kvzw0-375w-2x.jpg
It's officially canon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom