• Lion King Land and Log Flume ~ 600
  • Lake Show ~ 100 million

• DCL ~$5 Bil
  • 4 New Cruise Ships

~$12.2 BILLION total in announcements tonight
  • DHS ~$600 Mil
  • MK ~$2.5 Bil
  • DAK ~$800 Mil
that's around $4 billion. They said they are going to invest $16 billion in WDW over the next 10 years. There's a LOT of billions left over to play with.

brb1006

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS: MONSTERS INC

ANIMAL KINGDOM: TROPICAL AMERICAS

MAGIC KINGDOM: CARS LAND

EPCOT: teehee have a lounge and us talking about test track again with no new info ^^ btw our flagships havent been touched since 2002/2007
Meanwhile at the Imagination Pavilion.
skeleton-meme-underwater.png

necott99

The yeti references gave me hope that Joe Rohde managed to negotiate a fix as a condition of returning on a consulting basis.

But nope, turns out to be just a tasteless joke at the audience's expense. Trashy.
It’s the rage and nostalgia bait I’ve gotten used to over the past decade or so. Really a shame that TWDC and WDI now think so lowly of their customers.

the_rich

Biggest takeaway: It's still early days. Josh was vague on everything.
He did date tropical America's. Also said we should see construction starting this year or next on everything(I don't think he said this for villains land). Personally I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

andysol

Tonight feels more preparing for Pokémon in USF than anything. Pokémon will be a game changer due to how MASSIVE that IP is.
They’ve conceded Epic Universe to winning all the press and adoration for 2025/2026.
They are aiming to be the rebound, which is a good strategy based on the position they put themselves in. 2027-2029 is perfect for all of these to come online.

And if they, by some miracle, ALL actually make it to fruition- what a great time to be a park fan. Feels like it will be like 2014-2019 all over again with new stuff coming out in rapid succession.
But this time even better as they are additions and less replacements- and, you know, an all new park!

McMickeyWorld

Surprisingly, I actually liked it. I enjoyed the Surface Pressure cover (it’s a great time to be emo and a Disney fan jajajaj). For the Epic stuff, I was hoping for some collabs with other games, not just Fortnite. Anyway, I’ll talk about the rest in the other threads.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel less enthused about the announcements tonight than most.

For one thing, they were so vague on details. That goes for Villainsland especially, but also where the hell additions like the Cars area of Frontierland and Monstropolis are going. My suspicion is that they didn't want to say because those two things involve some unpopular replacements.

I'm also not down for Cars in Frontierland. If anything, the fact that Josh D'Amaro framed the new addition as part of Frontierland and part of a re-thinking of Frontierland makes me think they're going to screw it up and basically theme it to a contemporary Western tourist town.

The Paris Lion King ride looks like another mistake heaped upon an entirely mistaken re-launch of that park.

The Disneyland additions, though, all seemed good to me.

Very surprised to hear you say this…but appreciate the candor.

I share the concerns. I smell a lot of REPLACEMENTS lurking here…and maybe straight blue sky (BS being so appropriate)…

But I don’t want to be right.

But you can’t trust these guys. Company is in financial trouble purely from their mistakes and they keep doing what they thing is perfect but lead to the problems. Like clockwork.

I’ll say this:

Like the monstopolos idea…but not perfect/subject to change.

The villains thing makes sense on a ton of angles…but no details.

Like the lion king concept for Paris

DCA getting a lot…and it needs it. Encouragjng that’s being acknowledged.

Less positive:
Dak getting a reskin…might be a positive…but marginal because the entire complex is in shambles by failure to manage ride capacity. Replacements do not help.

Epcot redo turned out poorly…and they are ignoring that. That problem will only intensify.

Wish they’d rip the bandaid off on Star Wars land. The most obvious thing that Napoleon will never do. Their mishandling of the property continues to set world records.

The cars clone is good and bad. First…it’s an add. No complaint there. Second…the cars IP is outdated…and weak. So that might be just lazy trying it again.
If they build that…seems very BS as of now

I’m surprised Peter got cross up on this…seriously.

But magic kinda did too…so it was not a normal day.

Winter

Gonna be honest, I really don't care if they replace Tom Sawyer Island. That's probably the biggest waste of space in the park, it could easily be used for something better. Not sure whether I'd prefer above big thunder or at Tom Sawyer Island though....depends what would leave better room for another new land. Hopefully a villain land but not getting my hopes up lol.

....No Radiator Springs Racers though? ? That's what I wanted most lol. And supposedly the main ride is gonna be a speedway clone? Why???
NEVER MIND I CAN GET MY HOPES UP HELL YEAH VILLAINS LAND IS HAPPENING

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom