Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

The Leader of the Club

Honest Opinion: If the COP update is confirmed, the song "Now Is The Best Time Of Your Life" better come back or I am going to throw a fit of rage.
I’d be okay if that was in a small capacity. Think Grandma’s radio that “she keeps going all day long.” I don’t want to lose Great Big Beautiful for it again.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Understand Captain America GIF

James Alucobond

What do mean in the last sentence? Preserving TSI could mean a "shortcut" path behind it. Is that overly long?
Sorry, I know this was pages ago since the topic’s moving quickly, but I meant that regardless of what they do with RoA, chopping off the top of TSI makes sense if they want an efficient walking path from the west side of the proposed new land to the Haunted Mansion. Presumably, one goal of the expansion will be to improve traffic flow and eliminate the existing dead end at Big Thunder. I personally don’t think retaining all of current TSI would be worth the inconvenience of a much more circuitous path to the northeast around which it would probably be more difficult to puzzle in attractions and shops of a suitable density on the way to the Haunted Mansion as you approach some of the current backstage facilities. I think ideally, they’d just turn RoA into a loop with the Liberty Belle still running, perhaps sailing between a new northwestern port (with access to the new land) and the existing southeastern one.

solidyne

Sorry, I know this was pages ago since the topic’s moving quickly, but I meant that regardless of what they do with RoA, chopping off the top of TSI makes sense if they want an efficient walking path from the west side of the proposed new land to the Haunted Mansion. Presumably, one goal of the expansion will be to improve traffic flow and eliminate the existing dead end at Big Thunder. I personally don’t think retaining all of current TSI would be worth the inconvenience of a much more circuitous path to the northeast around which it would probably be more difficult to puzzle in attractions and shops of a suitable density on the way to the Haunted Mansion as you approach some of the current backstage facilities. I think ideally, they’d just turn RoA into a loop with the Liberty Belle still running, perhaps sailing between a new northwestern port (with access to the new land) and the existing southeastern one.
Thanks! Makes sense.

pwnbeaver

I haven't heard for sure that Cars booted the Coco proposal, but there's a lot of smoke. In any event, it's not necessarily RSR. Cars moves a lot of merch, and the proposal was put together to "more effectively" counter EU's offerings.

The Mesa artwork - if or when it gets released - is gorgeous. Wish we were all seeing it tonight.

The idea that Disney is pivoting a year before EU opens to "more effectively" counter it is really funny. Maybe they should have thought about that like six years ago when it was clear Mario was coming to Orlando.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This thread has taken an unexpected turn, and add me to the list of people who is unhappy about this. I swear, everything coming out of D23 feels like leftovers or a frozen dinner. It may be edible sustenance, but not the eye candy stuff that keeps you checking in on, "How long until dinner, I can't wait."

Ugh.
First D23?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This thread has taken an unexpected turn, and add me to the list of people who is unhappy about this. I swear, everything coming out of D23 feels like leftovers or a frozen dinner. It may be edible sustenance, but not the eye candy stuff that keeps you checking in on, "How long until dinner, I can't wait."

Ugh.
Well lets see what actually happens.

We've seen VERY late changes in the past, like almost "day of" - so at this point we still don't know the details with any certainty.

James Alucobond

I will say that although I think Cars sound like a terrible idea for the Magic Kingdom, I also thought the rumored Coco flying simulator was a bad idea.

I like Coco in general at the Magic Kingdom, though. Just not that specific rumored attraction.
Agreed. Definitely wasn’t thrilled about the potential for a third Soarin’, so that’s one positive. I could also see it being okay if the cars themselves are generally obscured from my view while riding Big Thunder and there’s some sort of transitional logic and/or connection to whatever is replacing Villains (assuming it’s something else).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom