Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

SirLink

Not possible. Josh’s pants are always way too tight
Fail Falling Down GIF by RETROFUNK

The Chatbox Ghost

I currently have a 5 yo cousin that can't get enough of Cars and Planes. I think this would be a good grab for WDW, especially if a response to EU phase 2 is what they're worried about.
At the same time, there's already Cars at HS. Why not put Cars there, especially since that park needs more to do? There's plenty for kids at MK already, so why ruin Frontierland?

UNCgolf

I currently have a 5 yo cousin that can't get enough of Cars and Planes. I think this would be a good grab for WDW, especially if a response to EU phase 2 is what they're worried about.

Yeah, it's all anecdotal. Mine are 5 and 7 and watched Cars once and had no further interest.

The Racing Academy does seems fairly popular, though, so I don't have trouble believing the IP is still a draw.

Last edited:

Advisable Joseph

Cars is going to be a monumental hit at Magic Kingdom. They make almost all attraction investment decisions based on merch stats, as admitted by Josh in that interview a few months back…
Which makes Avatar going to Disneyland all the more puzzling. I never see or hear anyone buying merch for Avatar or a strong fandom for those movies.
Could you describe the interview more, so we can find it?

Disney+ viewership is involved.

Brer Panther

Why am I afraid to hear what they announce?
In fairness, PIXAR was the only one last night who actually had original concepts to showcase. Sure Toy Story 5 makes them an easy punching bag, but they’re still allowing original ideas to flourish.
That's a good point. How come nobody seems to have a problem with Disney announcing Zootopia 2 and Frozen 3?
They did. Half a billion in Box Office.
Yes, but it took a while for it to get there. Everyone was going on and on about how bad the movie looked from the second it was announced. And even nowadays I still see people brush it off as a flop.
And really no coco attraction? I would almost give a little bit of grace if Coco still gets announced.
Isn't Coco going into the Tropical Americas land at Animal Kingdom? Y'know, despite it having nothing to do with animals or even nature?
Dark ride instead of a screen based attraction?
I have this horrible mental image of them building a trackless Cars dark ride, the climax of which is the riders being parked (no pun intended) in front of a screen that simulates you racing. That would be horrid.
Any chance the parks announcements could be positive and refreshing at this point, or are we likely just going to get "this IP goes here" and "this IP goes there"?
That's all we've been getting since, what, 2015? "This IP goes here" and "this IP goes there". We could end up with Tangled in Animal Kingdom at this point, I wouldn't put anything past them.

The Chatbox Ghost

That's all we've been getting since, what, 2015? "This IP goes here" and "this IP goes there". We could end up with Tangled in Animal Kingdom at this point, I wouldn't put anything past them.
You know, that is fair- WDW hasn't had a purely original new attraction since Everest iirc. But I don't even need new things to be entirely original to the parks (as awesome as that would be), I just need it to make sense. Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot makes no sense. Encanto and Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom makes no sense. Cars in Frontierland makes no sense. Woody's Roundup in MK when there's a Toy Story Land dying for something new in HS makes no sense. Villains in HS over MK makes no sense. It feels like everything Disney is doing/rumored to do just seems like careless placement of IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom