Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

The Leader of the Club

They don’t think they’re choosing unpopular attraction investments.
Theme park fans/purists may not love Cars in MK, but millions of little boys will lose their mind when their mom tells them that there’s a new Cars ride at Disney World.

I used to work at the Test Track Simporium (R.I.P.) and you wouldn’t believe how quickly Cars t-shirts flew off the shelves for both kids and adults. We regularly sold $100 Cars playsets. It’s a smart play, just maybe not the most thematic option.

Ichabod Crane

They're unpopular to us, but will the average joe be upset over that cars land being in Florida?
Yeah from a general population perspective, given how much hate there is for screen based rides and simulators nowadays to the point where Universal actually banned them from being designed and added to EU, I actually think the rumored Coco ride would’ve drew more ire from people overall than Cars will.

Sir_Cliff

I think Disney’s Blue Sky session two years ago is really hurting them here. People got excited about Coco and villains, so now Cars inevitably seems like a downgrade. The same thing kinda happened with Dinoland’s replacement, although I do think more people like Tropical Americas than the original concept
The difference with Dinoland's replacement is that they seemed to listen to fan discontent and came up with a better proposal. I'm not sure anyone is disappointed that the park is getting Tropical Americas over Zootopia and Moana, whether they're thrilled with Tropical Americas or not. That revision was more of a relief than a disappointment.

The Chatbox Ghost

Yeah from a general population perspective, given how much hate there is for screen based rides and simulators nowadays to the point where Universal actually banned them from being designed and added to EU, I actually think the rumored Coco ride would’ve drew more ire from people overall than Cars will.
Personally I think Coco should get a stage musical rather than a Soarin' clone. Music is far more important to Coco than the flying panther thing. Plus MK needs more entertainment, not just rides

IanDLBZF

The difference with Dinoland's replacement is that they seemed to listen to fan's discontent and came up with a better proposal. I'm not sure anyone is disappointed that the park is getting Tropical Americas over Zootopia and Moana, whether they're thrilled with Tropical Americas or not. That revision was more of a relief than a disappointment.
Sorta felt like pressure came on from Rhode too.

Moth

Do they still, though?

I remember my older nephews who are now in high school and college absolutely loved Cars... but my younger nephews, who are in elementary school, couldn't care less about it.
I currently have a 5 yo cousin that can't get enough of Cars and Planes. I think this would be a good grab for WDW, especially if a response to EU phase 2 is what they're worried about.

TrainsOfDisney

A clone of Zootopia from Shanghai plus Moana.
Ohhhh I must have missed that. That’s gross.

I’m all for an Encanto dark ride - I’m getting used to Indy…. It’s a great, proven attraction at Disneyland and I can see that corner of the park being very nice when completed - hopefully they will keep the dig site but maybe as an Indy themed archeological dig - same with the theme of the “camp site” for restrauntosourus

Fox&Hound

Sorry to ask again: when does the park panel start for us East Coasters? I figure I will keep checking this thread for all the updates. Fingers crossed, friends, for good updates and additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom