Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Replacing rides that nobody likes with rides that everyone likes is expansion, and I'll die on that hill.

There's plenty to do at Walt Disney World already. I go for 8 nights at a time and I'm entertained from start to finish. They don't need more, they need new and improved.
The fact that you said they don’t need more is baffling to me.

They could make changes to the existing rides to be more “new and improved”…what Disney needs however is net NEW attractions and people eater queue lines. The park experience would be better for everyone, with more to do, and LLs wouod be easier used as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Exactly. People love to say “this person was wrong” when in reality Disney just shifted gears. If someone had said “they’re gonna make a Mary Poppins area at Epcot” and Disney hadn’t announced it, people would call them a liar even though reality is that Disney cancelled it quietly
Yes it get every messy, because things do frequently change. One of the biggest had to be the complete shift of Galaxy's Edge from Echo Lake to Backlot.

The Chatbox Ghost

Yes it get every messy, because things do frequently change. One of the biggest had to be the complete shift of Galaxy's Edge from Echo Lake to Backlot.
I think the community needs to realize this happens- no announcement is 100% set in stone. No rumor is a proven lie if it never happens (see: concept art for Moana Tiki Room surfacing after the rumor was claimed “a lie” and the project was internally cancelled)

Wouldn’t be shocked if the Woodys Round Up replacement for CBJ is whatever this Woody show is for BBT, if that rumor is true.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The fact that you said they don’t need more is baffling to me.

They could make changes to the existing rides to be more “new and improved”…what Disney needs however is net NEW attractions and people eater queue lines. The park experience would be better for everyone, with more to do, and LLs wouod be easier used as well.
I just don't see them expanding beyond "enough to do to fill a week."

They don't gain guest satisfaction (or profit) by making too much to do where families can't get to everything.

Sneaky

Oh thank GOD. I’m happy if it stays. Tbh I’d be fine with star tours. Not that I hate it, but you know how sometimes it’s just “time” for something, yknow? I respect star tours and what it did for theme parks.
I would be very surprised to see Muppets go. It has high GSR ratings, high capacity, is in good condition, and low running costs.

The Chatbox Ghost

So if the company's movie announcements are anything to go by- how positive are we feeling about the parks? Seems like Disney is "turbocharging" sequels and spin-offs and "live action" remakes and just doing literally anything but make more than one new idea every year. Any chance the parks announcements could be positive and refreshing at this point, or are we likely just going to get "this IP goes here" and "this IP goes there"?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I think the community needs to realize this happens- no announcement is 100% set in stone. No rumor is a proven lie if it never happens (see: concept art for Moana Tiki Room surfacing after the rumor was claimed “a lie” and the project was internally cancelled)

Wouldn’t be shocked if the Woodys Round Up replacement for CBJ is whatever this Woody show is for BBT, if that rumor is true.
If memory serves, I think Imagineering pitched a Woody coaster at one point as well. I wonder if they've dusted off those plans.

Sir_Cliff

So if the company's movie announcements are anything to go by- how positive are we feeling about the parks? Seems like Disney is "turbocharging" sequels and spin-offs and "live action" remakes and just doing literally anything but make more than one new idea every year. Any chance the parks announcements could be positive and refreshing at this point, or are we likely just going to get "this IP goes here" and "this IP goes there"?
We'll see, but this thread really took a turn in the past hour or so that really diminishes my interest in the panel!

necott99

My gut is saying the latter. There is an entertainment-based IP mandate from upper management, and until there are changes in that realm, I expect nothing different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom