Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No, it's not just you.

While Cars Land is one of Disney's best theme park experiences, Cars is easily Pixar's worst franchise.

Children under a certain age adore it, though.
Both can be true at the same time. Cars, Tron, Avatar, [Song of the South] all make excellent theme park attractions no matter what you think about the respective movies.

Ichabod Crane

Curious, is this actually true, or is it more that the insiders’ sources are not senior enough to know the final slate?
I’m honestly shocked that some rumors survived around here as long as they did. Coco not being part of BBT and RSR coming instead are not new rumors by any means. They just didn’t gain traction here for whatever reason. Whether it be because of Brayden being the main mouth piece or some sources getting info slower or just a general sense of denial around those specific rumors I don’t know. But it’s not a last minute scramble by any means.

Sir_Cliff

I’m honestly shocked that some rumors survived around here as long as they did. Coco not being part of BBT and RSR coming instead are not new rumors by any means. They just didn’t gain traction here for whatever reason. Whether it be because of Brayden or some sources getting info slower or just a general sense of denial around those specific rumors I don’t know. But it’s not a last minute scramble by any means.
I'm kind of curious how enthusiastic the reaction is going to be in the room if the Beyond Big Thunder reveal is... we're bringing Carsland to the Magic Kingdom! It seems as close as possible to objectively worse than what most people thought the announcement would be.

Ichabod Crane

I'm kind of curious how enthusiastic the reaction is going to be in the room if the Beyond Big Thunder reveal is... we're bringing Carsland to the Magic Kingdom! It seems as close as possible to objectively worse than what most people thought the announcement would be.
Well it’s not the full Carsland, just RSR (unless there actually was some sort of last minute scramble and they decided to bring the whole thing over haha.)

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I don't think any insider here has once mentioned Carsland for MK. Though I could be wrong. But to your point, I'm sure the fandom would rejoice the same way they hoop and a hollered for Iger.

TrainsOfDisney

Especially if the concept art shows a filled in rivers of America - that could even get some boo’s.

SirLink

Whether you like his delivery style or not, there are people on occasions feeding him somewhat accurate info.

He could be getting info to find who is leaking as well. Building a Cars Land in the lighting strike capital doesn't make sense logically it just doesn't pass the sniff test

Sir_Cliff

I can agree with this. Sometimes the IP is really the least important aspect, a good land, or a good attraction are simply that, good.
I feel Cars is so specific, though, as to it being hard to really get over the IP. Coco, for example, can be read as being themed to Mexico, Encanto and Indiana Jones seem to be going into a Tropical Americas land, and even Avatar or Galaxy's Edge can be read as more generally sci-fi/outer space environments. Carsland, though, is full of oversized references to parts of cars and things related to them in a way that is very specific to the films. On one level it is based on Route 66, but it is so adapted to everything being a reference to cars that there wouldn't be space for anything that wasn't a part of that world if they decided to drop the specific connection to the IP for the land.

wutisgood

The fact that you said they don’t need more is baffling to me.

They could make changes to the existing rides to be more “new and improved”…what Disney needs however is net NEW attractions and people eater queue lines. The park experience would be better for everyone, with more to do, and LLs wouod be easier used as well.
Disney fans seem to be the only ones among general park enthusiasts I ever see argue against things that would make the guest experience better.

If Disney is dumb enough to push even more replacements over expansions, Comcast execs will be poppin Champaign tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom