Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

J4546

cars would def be weird, RSR is a great ride, but you need the entire land or nothing. Cars land could be built in DHS pretty easily if you replace Muppets....you could even make another looping pathway around a rethemed Star Tours ride/or new attraction into another new land where the Indiana Jones backstage stuff is...

Attachments

• dhscars.jpg
    dhscars.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 76

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The Fantasmic theatre areas is completely under utilized during the day. Perhaps get rid of that show and put Villians there.
I was about ready to throwdown an angry react, but you're right. It's certainly underutilized during the day. With "Lights Motor" long gone and the possibly of Indy going away (too soon?) this spot makes sense for something to eat crowds during the day. Would it be foolish to consider Moana here? Or some other IP-based stunt show?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Let’s assume that’s true. So let’s take a look

DAK: removing 3 attractions primeval (done), dinosaur, spinner for likely only 2 rides
DHS: removing 2 attractions

This is not what I call expansion of any kind
Replacing rides that nobody likes with rides that everyone likes is expansion, and I'll die on that hill.

There's plenty to do at Walt Disney World already. I go for 8 nights at a time and I'm entertained from start to finish. They don't need more, they need new and improved.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It feels like the Parks community likes to villainize people who talk about rumors, even if they have accurate insider info that’s later proven to be true… *cough cough*
We also have to understand some that report rumors are actually possibly true….at that time. Disney changes plans all the time.

gerarar

Premium Member
The Fantasmic theatre areas is completely under utilized during the day. Perhaps get rid of that show and put Villians there.
That would literally be the worst decision possible for the park (maybe less than the replacement of StarTours/Muppetvision), but it's the one draw the park has at night and keeping guests until park close. It brings ton of merch and food sales at night.

It's also one of the reasons HS has 10pm closings, along with a 10:30pm F! showing, allowing you to stay in the park past 11pm.

Plus at this point, it's pretty much iconic like fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

Also, HS has a couple of expansion plots not utilized. Use those first before any replacements.

What is the obsession with replacements instead of expansions.

James Alucobond

So long as he is wrong about Muppetvision this time
I do think MuppetVision should move, but I don't think they should get rid of it. Replacing Racing Academy with it would be ideal, because its current placement disrupts what should be a Lucasfilm Studios area. Also, maybe two people would miss PizzeRizzo. IMO, to make some "sense" of Studios that balances the original theme with the new lands, there should be studio areas that precede the "hot set" lands. So, something like Hollywood + Sunset Boulevard as the classic Hollywood area (MMRR, Tower, more period-appropriate RRC replacement, stage shows), Pixar Plaza replacing Animation Courtyard with gateways to Toy Story Land and Cars Land, Lucasfilm Studios replacing Grand Avenue and adjacent areas with a gateway to Galaxy's Edge, Muppet Courtyard replacing Race Academy, and something in the farther future to build on that structure as a replacement for or enhancement of Echo Lake.

The Chatbox Ghost

We also have to understand some that report rumors are actually possibly true….at that time. Disney changes plans all the time.
Exactly. People love to say “this person was wrong” when in reality Disney just shifted gears. If someone had said “they’re gonna make a Mary Poppins area at Epcot” and Disney hadn’t announced it, people would call them a liar even though reality is that Disney cancelled it quietly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom