Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

peter11435

They are for all intents and purposes the same land bar some slightly different architecture. The experience is the same. Attractions, characters, food, there is nothing unique to Disneyland’s GE. That is my whole point. They got this big fancy land and they are sharing it with another resort.

As for the tech, the big thing they’re behind on is Magic Band capabilities. At Disneyland, you cannot use it for tap to pay nor can hotel guests use it to enter their hotel room. It can only be used for tapping into the park and lightning lanes.

Speaking of lightning lanes, they’re being excluded (again) from the changes being made to the system so they’re being left with Genie+ exactly as it was in every way, just under a different name.

They don’t have the security devices WDW does either. They’re still using the old metal detectors and hand checking bags that WDW got rid of years ago instead of the x-ray scanners Florida now uses.

Disneyland cannot even update their own wait times in the app. They have to call Florida and have them do it for them because that’s where the teams that run the apps are located.

All of the attention for these pretty simple systems has been given to Florida but not California.

I am a WDW native 100%. Been there many times, am going again in January. I went to DL for the first time ever just a few months back. I don’t say this as DL fan jealous of Florida, I say it as just fact: There is a noticeable gap in the attention the company shows to WDW vs. DL. And it doesn’t entirely not make sense. I get it, WDW is the bigger and more visited resort. But if they mean what they say when they say they want to get DLR up to being the destination WDW is (which is part of the point of DL Forward), then they’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

That’s why I hope DL gets a ton at this D23. They need it.
Disneyland is already an exponentially better experience than WDW.

TrainsOfDisney

As for the tech, the big thing they’re behind on is Magic Band capabilities.
I’ve never been a magic band fan so I can’t really comment since I don’t use it at all.

What is the difference between lightning lanes from WDW / DL?

Security - I actually prefer the Disneyland security since it is more consistent and less confusing - i know many disagree with me but I don’t see that as being a major issue at all.

As for the cloning - I’m not sure what your point is exactly. Neither coast can be better or worse for the Star Wars land… they are identical. Sorry if I’m missing something there.

vikescaper

Greetings from Honda Center!
IMG_2928.jpeg

GenChi

Disneyland has always been the forgotten resort

Yeah, Disneyland (Paris) is. Even Disneyland (Hong Kong) I'd say

IMO Disneyland CA is getting what it needs and I'm happy for them. A new gate, Avengers E-ticket, etc. But the new gate is likely 10 years down the road, and all the other large announcements are more going to be open in 2026-2029, years past past EU's opening. Disneyland's situation won't change two years from now, there's no new competition, long-term expansion will still be planned out. WDW's situation changes next year, and a large part of the next half decade of plans are announced tomorrow. That next half decade is how they react to heavier competition so it being all Disneyland besides Tropic Americas and a night parade would not be a good look. WDW doesn't need to be even main focus, but this is the absolute worst time it could take a backseat at a presentation

Centauri Space Station

I tend to agree that it s uneven. But it is DLR that gets the greater attention. They move heaven and earth to squeeze new stuff in there. They preserve “classics”. They get new entertainment more regularly.

You often see it in how the details are missed for Florida - likely because the decision markers are based in California. TSL without any shade? Shuttered restaurants in MK? Would DLR ever have a massive unused space just sitting there like WoL is in Epcot?
Peoplemover track, magic eye theater, Starcade above star traders, launch bay is pretty much a waste of space too

vikescaper

How were the logistics getting to and inside? I’m jealous!!! :)
It wasn’t too bad. Traffic on Harbor on the way to Honda Center was a bit congested but not too bad. We took the ART bus and people were complaining that we weren’t dropped off directly at the arena. Once we got inside, it was a bit confusing figuring out how to get up to the 400 level. Every arena or stadium I have been to has had either escalators or ramps but Honda Center only has elevators and stairs. I got to my seat and then went to buy an overpriced beer.

fgmnt

Peoplemover track, magic eye theater, Starcade above star traders, launch bay is pretty much a waste of space too
The worst land use of the domestic parks operation has been all of DL Tomorrowland for the last 20 years. They gave the subs a second act but 1) that's it for positives and 2) I think the subs should hit the bricks sooner rather than later for the good of the resort.

TTA94

Original Poster
Well they must be allowing devices since some are taking pictures. But I get it they can’t prevent devices but they will be watching to make sure no one is recording or streaming during the presentation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom