Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

SweetDuffy101

Well they must be allowing devices since some are taking pictures. But I get it they can’t prevent devices but they will be watching to make sure no one is recording or streaming during the presentation.
um. wont they let you put your devices in sealed bags like what they did to us during D23 tokyo.

I remember during the Tokyo expo Recording were extremely prohibited during showtime and before you enter the venue you need to put all devices ie smartphones. recording devices.

Only mass media were allowed to get a coverage of the event.

Chef idea Mickey`=

They are for all intents and purposes the same land bar some slightly different architecture. The experience is the same. Attractions, characters, food, there is nothing unique to Disneyland’s GE. That is my whole point. They got this big fancy land and they are sharing it with another resort.

As for the tech, the big thing they’re behind on is Magic Band capabilities. At Disneyland, you cannot use it for tap to pay nor can hotel guests use it to enter their hotel room. It can only be used for tapping into the park and lightning lanes.

Speaking of lightning lanes, they’re being excluded (again) from the changes being made to the system so they’re being left with Genie+ exactly as it was in every way, just under a different name.

They don’t have the security devices WDW does either. They’re still using the old metal detectors and hand checking bags that WDW got rid of years ago instead of the x-ray scanners Florida now uses.

Disneyland cannot even update their own wait times in the app. They have to call Florida and have them do it for them because that’s where the teams that run the apps are located.

All of the attention for these pretty simple systems has been given to Florida but not California.

I am a WDW native 100%. Been there many times, am going again in January. I went to DL for the first time ever just a few months back. I don’t say this as DL fan jealous of Florida, I say it as just fact: There is a noticeable gap in the attention the company shows to WDW vs. DL. And it doesn’t entirely not make sense. I get it, WDW is the bigger and more visited resort. But if they mean what they say when they say they want to get DLR up to being the destination WDW is (which is part of the point of DL Forward), then they’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

That’s why I hope DL gets a ton at this D23. They need it.
Disneyland is already an exponentially better experience than WDW.

Well then I suppose there's pretty much a 50/50. As for the food in WDW Epcot and Animal Kingdom would be winners. As for Magic Kingdom they say food treats is better at Disneyland and why can't both have the same quality. Magic Kingdom to me is desperately needs some kind of new incredible ambience of land and World of Arendelle behind the castle would been stunning not that the Beauty and The Beast area and New Fantasyland is wrong but it's just dark at night not much wow for the evening in my opinion. I hear characters roam around in Disneyland so that's kind different, Magic Kingdom could use more quaint touches but I agree with your Tomorrowland lacking.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom