D23 2024 Disneyland Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TheRealSkull

I think it is safe to assume if they don't announce some 70th anniversary details today, they're definitely saving for D23. Maybe a logo today and start date for the anniversary celebration but that's about it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think so too, but if any announcement comes today it will probably just be the logo kinda like they did back in 2014 for the 60th. That's why I assumed that.
If we were going to hear something today, like in 2014, it most likely would have been at park opening. Since we didn't hear anything its probably just going to be announced at D23.

But the day isn't over yet, so we'll see.

Phroobar

Why would they announce anything today July 17th? It's just another day at TDA. I really don't think upper management knows it is an anniversary.

Andrew25

One thing that won't be announced, but I think could be received well, are improvements to the guest experience at WDW. Things like additional shade structures throughout the parks, cool-off areas and other changes that reduce the stress/complexity of a WDW trip

TP2000

One thing that won't be announced, but I think could be received well, are improvements to the guest experience at WDW. Things like additional shade structures throughout the parks, cool-off areas and other changes that reduce the stress/complexity of a WDW trip

You just scrambled every single senior executive's mind in Burbank, Glendale, Anaheim and Orlando with that comment.

Why do you need shade structures? Your plaid vest guide whisks you in through the exit of anything you want to see or go on.

Why do you need cool-off areas? Your plaid vest guide already reserved folding chairs and assigned seats at all the parades and water shows and fireworks and theater performances you want to see.

What stress and complexity? You have people to monitor and manage the App for you, while your plaid vest guide charms your kids, holds your wife's shopping bags, and keeps everyone happy and entertained.

And what about that free valet parking for your car at the Grand Californian? How's that for service and convenience!

If you are a Disney executive at the Vice President or above level, the people who actually make the decisions and guide the operational present and future of these theme parks, your complimentary visit to the parks once or twice per year couldn't be more pleasant and relaxing and simple.

So what are you peasants who actually pay to get in complaining about?! :cool:

Last edited:

TP2000

As for D23, over in another thread I just remembered that the Hyperion Theater is still sitting there empty and abandoned.

Not a peep about a new show in development anywhere. If they don't announce a new show for it coming in 2025 at D23 Expo, then I believe the Hyperion Theater has already been earmarked for being torn down and removed.

For whatever reason, TDA just can't or won't commit the resources needed to host a daily show in that huge 2,000 seat theater. They may have decided that sort of large-scale theater entertainment just can't be justified in Anaheim any longer.

And even the Fantasyland Theater in Disneyland is under-utilized and now just hosts a Pixar character DJ kiddy party for two more weeks as part of Pixar Fest.

If they don't announce major stage shows coming back to DCA and/or Disneyland, I think it's safe to say that form of entertainment no longer pencils out in California's business climate, and the theater facilities are being identified for removal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom