D23’s Epcot 30th Anniversary celebration

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When has something of this caliber been free? For the 25th they had a re-dedication ceremony and a small exhibit, why are people trying to act like that's comparable to the presentations being offered this year?.
They also had a free presentation by Marty Sklar similar to the ones they are doing with the current D23 event.

OrangeTree

When has something of this caliber been free? For the 25th they had a re-dedication ceremony and a small exhibit, why are people trying to act like that's comparable to the presentations being offered this year?.
They also had a historical ceremony in The Land; I quite enjoyed that. That was also free.

OrangeTree

Because you've already paid $90 to get in?

If only the parks management wanted to actually celebrate. Which the don't.
Precisely. Why would I waste a day in a theme park sitting in events when I had to pay to get in? It would be like paying to go on attractions when you are already charged an entry fee.

Madness.

invader

I'll be at the park but I won't be there. Won't be attending another "celebration" until the 50th. The 40th was alright but was not what I expected.

WDW1974

I really don't like the looks of the new design here at all. It may be great if you are 18 and playing with an iPhone and FB, but it isn't user friendly at all ... not that anyone asked me.

So, I think I'll go look at all the pics (taken by OCD Andy Castro) of Bob Iger and his one million a year security detail getting walked thru DCA today by Georgie K with Tom Staggs in tow.

Figments Friend

-

And a pleasure it was to meet you, Sir.
:)

Seriously? $185 for the good package, $65 for the basic?

And everything at the 25th was free?

Looks like somebody stumbled onto a revenue stream. I'll pass.

(The Lee meet and greet will be free again this year.:cool:)[/quote

Figments Friend

-
Totally unrelated...( or maybe it is?).....but did anyone else here notice Disney pushed back the autumn *Free Dining Offer* this year to late September-to-early-October instead of the usual late-August-to-mid September time slot?

This means anyone planning on coming to O-town for whichever 30th Anniversary Event they choose can be tempted by the offer. I found that a interesting coincidence.

Maybe i should reconsider....and maybe come after all.

DocMcHulk

Original Poster
Because you've already paid $90 to get in?
that's the part that gets me and really the only thing that bothers me. I dont mind paying the $65-185 for the experience. But If I am really going to see the presentations, I probably WONT be spending a lot of time doing rides. So, the $90 is completely pointless. Make it $100 and $220 and include park admission.

alissafalco

Seriously? $185 for the good package, $65 for the basic?

And everything at the 25th was free?

Looks like somebody stumbled onto a revenue stream. I'll pass.

(The Lee meet and greet will be free again this year.:cool:)

I'm sure there will be planty of photos and reports to see online for free afterwards!! I will pass also...

alissafalco

-
Totally unrelated...( or maybe it is?).....but did anyone else here notice Disney pushed back the autumn *Free Dining Offer* this year to late September-to-early-October instead of the usual late-August-to-mid September time slot?

This means anyone planning on coming to O-town for whichever 30th Anniversary Event they choose can be tempted by the offer. I found that a interesting coincidence.

Maybe i should reconsider....and maybe come after all.

I'm getting the free dining plan for mid Sept., they did have it available from late Aug to mid Sept., its just no longer available thats why you don't see it anymore. They took it down from their special offers a little over a month ago.

gatordoc

that's the part that gets me and really the only thing that bothers me. I dont mind paying the $65-185 for the experience. But If I am really going to see the presentations, I probably WONT be spending a lot of time doing rides. So, the $90 is completely pointless. Make it $100 and $220 and include park admission.

I see your point, but as a passholder, I'm happier with the current pricing structure (though not the actual prices).

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...

Not sure if the events at WDW are run the same as DL but we did the D23 Carsland preview last weekend. They said you had to pay to get into DCA on top of the $50 event fee. However, when we got to the park, we received a ticket and a wristband at the ticket booth outside the park, presented the ticket and didn't have to pay for admission. In general, these events are disorganized and cast members on the ground aren't instructed the way they should be. I'd give it a shot before buying admission.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well, that was annoying!

Was all geared up to order my $185 World Key ticket. Got into the "buy tickets" page and entered my membership number and name, hit enter and it told me it couldn't find my membership! :eek: I quickly tried again and it accepted my membership, but the World Key tickets were sold out [approximately 8 seconds after they went on sale!] :(

Stoopid interwebz! :mad:

Did get the World Passport ticket, but still...

Horizonstta

Well, that was annoying!
I quickly tried again and it accepted my membership, but the World Key tickets were sold out [approximately 8 seconds after they went on sale!] :(
Sorry to hear that. When the link went live, the first two times I pressed it it took me to another page that said reservations were not being accepted yet. On my third attempt, I was able to get in and purchase the World Key ticket. And, yes, they went fast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom