D23’s Epcot 30th Anniversary celebration

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry to hear that. When the link went live, the first two times I pressed it it took me to another page that said reservations were not being accepted yet. On my third attempt, I was able to get in and purchase the World Key ticket. And, yes, they went fast!
I had the same, the link went live before the registration page by a few seconds longer than the sale actually lasted! :D

Oh well, I'll be there for the daytime part. If you see me, say hi! I'm a very friendly WDWMagicer! :cool:

DisDadEddie

I'd like to see Figment back in Epcot as part of the celebration. Maybe they can get a head start and bring him back out this summer.:rolleyes:

rustysgirl

i'm excited! got our tickets (the cheaper/passport ones) & registered for wdwcelebrations. we're so there =) question though...hurricanes are a fact of life for florida. so if a hurricane was to come you seriously couldn't get your money back? those things make me so nervous! thats the only thing i don't like about planning ahead for this kind of thing......anyway, hopefully i'm nervous for nothing. i'm still excited! lol

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i'm excited! got our tickets (the cheaper/passport ones) & registered for wdwcelebrations. we're so there =) question though...hurricanes are a fact of life for florida. so if a hurricane was to come you seriously couldn't get your money back? those things make me so nervous! thats the only thing i don't like about planning ahead for this kind of thing......anyway, hopefully i'm nervous for nothing. i'm still excited! lol
I would not worry all that much. In over 40 years of continuous operation WDW has been closed exactly 2 days due to tropical storms.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Richard's [Master Yoda] right, no worries. Hurricanes generally at worst add some heavy rain for parts of the day, actually having an effect on events is virtually never a problem.

C U there! :cool:

asianway

I'd like to see Figment back in Epcot as part of the celebration. Maybe they can get a head start and bring him back out this summer.:rolleyes:
They won't-that's not the way entertainment works in FL-maybe at the other 4 resorts, but we get the wal-mart plan. Daisy and Stitch or Stitch and Daisy-pick

tsaintc

Precisely. Why would I waste a day in a theme park sitting in events when I had to pay to get in? It would be like paying to go on attractions when you are already charged an entry fee.

Madness.
The answer is quite simple from a business perspective. These additional events require time and money to plan and execute. Based what I have learned from a former WDW Gold Level Marketing Exec, the ticket price (cost of admission) barely covers operational expenses. Therefore, any event, whether its MVMCP, MNSSHP or an anniversary, requires additional money to implement.

In addition, supply and demand will establish the price point. One could only imagine the logistics nightmare that would ensue if this type of event was offered completely free of charge. If people are willing to pay, then it makes perfect sense to charge for it. Please remember Disney is a business. Walt is one of my heroes, but do you honestly think that he did not see the business opportunity to market his first passion, film making, through the creation of DL? Which, by the way, is conveniently located in close proximity to Hollywood. Business is business.

vinnya1726

My thoughts exactly.

-
Totally unrelated...( or maybe it is?).....but did anyone else here notice Disney pushed back the autumn *Free Dining Offer* this year to late September-to-early-October instead of the usual late-August-to-mid September time slot?

This means anyone planning on coming to O-town for whichever 30th Anniversary Event they choose can be tempted by the offer. I found that a interesting coincidence.

Maybe i should reconsider....and maybe come after all.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So how many pages about prices and the expensive World Key tix sell out in seconds. Advantage Disney.
I was certainly prepared to pay for the high-end ticket. My only complaint is their computers caused me to miss the opportunity, but I'm OK with them charging what they're charging.

LongballMG

I'll be there, finally mastered this split second timing thing. Hit refresh every few seconds until the link went live, had the membership number on copy and paste, and completed it within seconds. Very glad I was able to be home in the middle of the day to do it myself, a deputy would have failed.

I'll be there for the whole WDWCelebrations event too! Can't wait to see everyone!

TinkerBell9988

I'll be there, finally mastered this split second timing thing. Hit refresh every few seconds until the link went live, had the membership number on copy and paste, and completed it within seconds. Very glad I was able to be home in the middle of the day to do it myself, a deputy would have failed.

I'll be there for the whole WDWCelebrations event too! Can't wait to see everyone!

Wow, you're the Jedi master of this stuff! I must learn your ways. I was about *thisclose* to getting the $185 tickets. But its okay. I'm happy with World Passport, but I was definitely more than ready to shell out almost $200 for the upper tier. (And my newbie EPCOT Center fan boyfriend was, too!). ;)

See ya there!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They briefly posted more World Key tickets yesterday afternoon. A friend @SweetMagic [who was successful getting her tickets the first time] was kind enough to text me about it but they were gone again by the time I got there. :(

They did allow people to sign up for a wait-list for a while thereafter and I managed to get myself listed. Maybe I'll be lucky and somehow manage to still get the higher-end ticket. *Shrug*

WDW1974

I'm thinking of offering Spirited tours around EPCOT the week of 10/1, complete with meet-and-greet (and grope, if you pay for the Platinum + package) and autograph opportunities.

If you like, I may even offer a tour of the MAGICal restrooms of EPCOT too.:D

Prices will start at $400 an hour with group discounts as well as FLA Resident discounts, AARP discounts, veterans discounts, of course DVC discounts etc ... details to follow!

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
I have my ticket :)

I am so excited, this is a massive deal for me as I never thought I would be able to get to a D23 event considering I'm so far away.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm thinking of offering Spirited tours around EPCOT the week of 10/1, complete with meet-and-greet (and grope, if you pay for the Platinum + package) and autograph opportunities.

If you like, I may even offer a tour of the MAGICal restrooms of EPCOT too.:D

Prices will start at $400 an hour with group discounts as well as FLA Resident discounts, AARP discounts, veterans discounts, of course DVC discounts etc ... details to follow!
Plus, they have to buy your meals, right?

I'm keeping the Lee M&Gs free, in keeping with my "man of the people" image.

Jeffxz

Has anyone heard of any non-D23 events going on for the anniversary like a rededication ceremony or a special tag for illuminations?

If they do these, will they happen on Sept 30th to go with the paid D23 event or will they wait until the official anniversary on the 1st?

Lee

Adventurer
Has anyone heard of any non-D23 events going on for the anniversary like a rededication ceremony or a special tag for illuminations?

If they do these, will they happen on Sept 30th to go with the paid D23 event or will they wait until the official anniversary on the 1st?
Both will happen on the 1st

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom