Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

lazyboy97o

Id go so far to say that at least in the case of Paris the licensing/management fees were structured in such a way to always show a loss, or at least as near to zero as they could predict. Dont want any of those nasty shareholders of EuroDisney SCA getting some of TWDC profit...
You are not alone in that assessment. It is a view that has been expressed by shareholders of Euro Disney SCA and even the former creditors. Similar thoughts have also been brought up regarding the Hong Kong Disneyland.

photomatt

I applaud this practice by Dis. If the park is closed at 9, it should be dead empty by 10.
Do you personally gain anything from having this opinion? If not, why do you feel the need to share it?

The idea that people were hanging around making securities job harder by lingering in the park for an hour, or 2 hours past closing is mind boggling.

Please explain how this makes the job of a security CM "harder".

The park is closed, leave. Even forgetting courtesy and being a normal human being, the faster the park clears, the faster a full third shift can get in and clean, and fix broke stuff.
This was at DL. What broke stuff do you think they have been fixing lately? When was the last time you were at the MK? What broke stuff are they fixing there at night?

You got ejected from the park an HOUR AND TWENTY minutes after closing, and you have an issue with that? Holy.
Once again, we have another forum member who lacks reading comprehension skills. Please read my original post. Main Street closed at 10. I was asked to leave at 10:15, and that has never happened before. Are you willfully choosing to ignore this fact, or is their a cognitive issue preventing you from doing so?

The people who do this are the same people who show up to a restaurant 15 minutes before closing and order a 3 course meal and sit there BSing for an hour.
This is funny. The last time I checked restaurants serve people until closing. I guess there must be some sort of issue in your past that is making you bitter about this.

Unless you work for Disney, you get nothing by defending them. This should be a simple task to comprehend.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Do you personally gain anything from having this opinion? If not, why do you feel the need to share it?

So, I am only allowed opinions if they offer me some personal gain? Interesting stance.

Please explain how this makes the job of a security CM "harder".

They shouldn't have to herd people out of the parks, people should just be normal and leave. Having to slowly follow you out of the park is a PITA.

This was at DL. What broke stuff do you think they have been fixing lately? When was the last time you were at the MK? What broke stuff are they fixing there at night?

Exactly my point. Maybe with some extra downtime, they might fix more. Or clean more.

Once again, we have another forum member who lacks reading comprehension skills. Please read my original post. Main Street closed at 10. I was asked to leave at 10:15, and that has never happened before. Are you willfully choosing to ignore this fact, or is their a cognitive issue preventing you from doing so?

I don't care if it ever happened before. I like it. I want it happening going forward.

This is funny. The last time I checked restaurants serve people until closing. I guess there must be some sort of issue in your past that is making you bitter about this.

Unless you work for Disney, you get nothing by defending them. This should be a simple task to comprehend.

Ah, so you are that type. Makes perfect sense now.

I don't work for Disney, and I wouldn't even consider myself pro-Dis. I am simply anti-you.

photomatt

So, I am only allowed opinions if they offer me some personal gain? Interesting stance.
Your opinion would certainly make more sense that way. If you gain nothing by wanting Disney to kick people out of the park much earlier, but you want it to happen, then it speaks volumes about your character. I would be violating rules if I posted the obvious conclusion.

They shouldn't have to herd people out of the parks, people should just be normal and leave. Having to slowly follow you out of the park is a PITA.
How do you know this? Have you done it before? Were you ever a security CM?

Exactly my point. Maybe with some extra downtime, they might fix more. Or clean more.
How much more downtime do they need? Have you seen how many attractions are closed at the DLR? I guess they didn't already have enough downtime, which is why they are choosing to close the parks earlier despite record crowds. Yea, that's it. They are closing the parks earlier so they have more time for maintenance. /sarcasm

I don't care if it ever happened before. I like it. I want it happening going forward.
Why is this? Do you enjoy ruining the experiences of others? What do you personally get from Disney if they close earlier or later? If the answer is "nothing", then why do you care?

Ah, so you are that type. Makes perfect sense now.
What type am I? Please, do opine.

I don't work for Disney, and I wouldn't even consider myself pro-Dis. I am simply anti-you.
Fair enough.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The international parks are not sentient. You're just trying to blame others instead of accepting that the American parks are not 'loved' and would be treated the same regardless of any international parks.
IM trying to blame others?? Look at the TITLE of this THREAD.. The freaking site owner is blaming others! Almost everyone on here is blaming the other parks! Why do you say "you" like I'm the only one??

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
IM trying to blame others?? Look at the TITLE of this THREAD.. The freaking site owner is blaming others! Almost everyone on here is blaming the other parks! Why do you say "you" like I'm the only one??
The owner of this site is reporting what he's been told, and placing the responsibility where it's supposed to be. Don't care for that, I'm sure there's plenty of other options where the news and tenor is more pleasant....

ParentsOf4

Id go so far to say that at least in the case of Paris the licensing/management fees were structured in such a way to always show a loss, or at least as near to zero as they could predict. Dont want any of those nasty shareholders of EuroDisney SCA getting some of TWDC profit...
Euro Disney shareholders like to think that Disney is playing games but DLP's and HKDL's problems run much deeper than perceived Hollywood Accounting. Quoting from Disney's annual report:

In fiscal 2015, royalty and management fees from the International Theme Parks totaling $60 million are included in Revenues​

That's only a bit over 2% of International Parks & Resorts revenue. Quoting further:

Euro Disney Associés S.C.A. is required to pay royalties and management fees to the Company based on the operating performance of the resort.​

And:

The Company is entitled to receive royalties and management fees based on the operating performance of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.​

The amount Disney collects is linked to the financial performance of these parks. If those parks do poorly, then Disney collects less.

The simple truth is that these resorts have been burdened by debt as well as hampered by market forces that don't allow them to charge U.S. style ticket prices to their local patrons. WDW's profits would suck too if ticket prices were 20% lower. ;)

Only TDL, which is owned by the OLC, has shown the ability to operate profitably by using Disney's old philosophy of high quality and modest prices. It's because OLC runs TDL the way Disney's parks used to be run, not how today's Disney's parks are run. :banghead:

Heck, all you have to do is look at Universal's 10K in order to realize that corporate Disney has forgotten how to operate its theme parks efficiently.

WondersOfLife

The owner of this site is reporting what he's been told, and placing the responsibility where it's supposed to be. Don't care for that, I'm sure there's plenty of other options where the news and tenor is more pleasant....

And I'm REACTING to the news being told. Because I believe the news that has been told is true. These threads are just so filled with "I gotta prove these people wrong" people that it's nearly impossible to voice any form of opinion. But I guess that's just reality anyways.

Mike S

Euro Disney shareholders like to think that Disney is playing games but DLP's and HKDL's problems run much deeper than perceived Hollywood Accounting. Quoting from Disney's annual report:

In fiscal 2015, royalty and management fees from the International Theme Parks totaling $60 million are included in Revenues​

That's only a bit over 2% of International Parks & Resorts revenue. Quoting further:

Euro Disney Associés S.C.A. is required to pay royalties and management fees to the Company based on the operating performance of the resort.​

And:

The Company is entitled to receive royalties and management fees based on the operating performance of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.​

The amount Disney collects is linked to the financial performance of these parks. If those parks do poorly, then Disney collects less.

The simple truth is that these resorts have been burdened by debt as well as hampered by market forces that don't allow them to charge U.S. style ticket prices to their local patrons. WDW's profits would suck too if ticket prices were 20% lower. ;)

Only TDL, which is owned by the OLC, has shown the ability to operate profitably by using Disney's old philosophy of high quality and modest prices. It's because OLC runs TDL the way Disney's parks used to be run, not how today's Disney's parks are run. :banghead:

Heck, all you have to do is look at Universal's 10K in order to realize that corporate Disney has forgotten how to operate its theme parks efficiently.
Oh the irony of how the current CEO of Universal used to be the COO of Euro Disney. Maybe they shouldn't have let him go........

Cesar R M

You need to be blowing smoke up the mouses jaxi on a blog to get to stay late and flash.
1310295773742.jpg

Cesar R M

Maybe but it's not the people, it's the entire corporate culture at Disney that makes them so inefficient.

And yet it's their customers and frontline CMs that pay the price... :(
Maybe its another type of accounting manipulation. Aka make it look like they are inefficient, and then funneling said money into other departments and then laundering it to some offshore company a la Panama Papers.

lazyboy97o

Because you are the latest person to push this false idea. The international parks being the sole catalyst was almost immediately expanded upon to include other projects such as MyMagic+. And the thread title is only giving the current motivation, it says nothing about the fantasy that things would be much different without those parks. Expenses at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts have been out of control for years and the methods to try and control them have been the same for years.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
And I'm REACTING to the news being told. Because I believe the news that has been told is true. These threads are just so filled with "I gotta prove these people wrong" people that it's nearly impossible to voice any form of opinion. But I guess that's just reality anyways.

Here is what I am seeing now. Say something bad about Disney and it is a "100% true". Say something good about Disney then you are nothing but a person high on "pixie dust".

What I think is that there is something somewhere in the middle.

WondersOfLife

Here is what I am seeing now. Say something bad about Disney and it is a "100% true". Say something good about Disney then you are nothing but a person high on "pixie dust".

What I think is that there is something somewhere in the middle.

Yep that's gotta be it. You can't be positive, and you can't be negative.... You've gotta be in that gray area of general predictable comments. d:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom