Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

photomatt

Leaving promptly isn't just an opinion, it's courtesy.
Opinion noted.

Perhaps you should share your opinion with the hundred or so visitors still on Main Street after the shops close. Let me know what they think.

Have you been at DL or MK after Main Street closes? Do you know what the normal security CM procedure is? Before the budget cuts, did they seem at all concerned with people leaving promptly? The answer is, "No." You would also know that there are many posts right here in this forum where members claim security never asks guests to leave. I guess you haven't read those posts.

The issue is that, at least at DL, security is aggressively chasing people out. That's the issue. I have never seen this happen before. If it had happened before, I would not be posting here now. I would know what was expected, and I would gladly leave earlier.

I will ask my question again. Has anyone experienced this at the MK, or any other park, in the past few weeks?

asianway

Where is it written that you can linger for an hour after the park closes. Closes means it's closed. Time to pack up and get out of Dodge! Those CM's that have been busting their butts all day would like to get home to their families and they still have stuff to do after everyone leaves. It also maybe why they have started to close earlier because people don't leave like they should after it closes. Wandering around setting up tripods 30 minutes after the park closes is just wrong and it may be the proliferation of that type of thing happening that has prompted them to put on a push to clear the park. I can't tell you how many times we see posts of things that people feel that they get away with, but eventually it catches up and everyone is deprived of something because of it. Also, not that this is right either, the new budget cuts may be forcing the issue. As long as people stay they have to keep paying the CM's to be there.
About 2-3 times I agree with you, this is one of them. IT seems as though it's a thing now to see how long you can linger. I'm all for photos, but at some point they were going to tighten things up

FigmentForver96

Where is it written that you can linger for an hour after the park closes. Closes means it's closed. Time to pack up and get out of Dodge! Those CM's that have been busting their butts all day would like to get home to their families and they still have stuff to do after everyone leaves. It also maybe why they have started to close earlier because people don't leave like they should after it closes. Wandering around setting up tripods 30 minutes after the park closes is just wrong and it may be the proliferation of that type of thing happening that has prompted them to put on a push to clear the park. I can't tell you how many times we see posts of things that people feel that they get away with, but eventually it catches up and everyone is deprived of something because of it. Also, not that this is right either, the new budget cuts may be forcing the issue. As long as people stay they have to keep paying the CM's to be there.
I actually agree with you on this. If you are working at a store late at night the last thing anybody should so is spend a bunch of time lingering and taking the time. It stops people from closing registers, runs up payroll, keeps people from going home and more. A few minutes after close but if you are in there close to an hour, you are being rude.

photomatt

Clearly some members have reading comprehension issues. Either that, or the Disney drones are out in full force spinning the issue the way they want it presented.

It's beginning to become clear why Disney knows they can get away with the things they get away with.

lazyboy97o

It's not written anywhere - including in my post. You clearly miss the point where I say that I have stayed after closing numerous times and no one has chased me out. In fact, I am normally not even close to being the last person out. The issue is that a new policy is in place.

Your choice to leave promptly at closing is your choice. Your opinion that others should do the same is simply your opinion. Thank you for your opinion. Disney thanks you as well.
Prior abuse of a courtesy doesn't change the problem on your end. Security sweeps at closing are not new.

Mike S

Only time I can think of where something similar to this happened to me was at DHS during EMH. It was getting close to the end and we saw the final show of MuppetVision. After that we saw we still had a few minutes so we thought we could quickly go to Toy Story but were stopped by security and told to go to the front of the park where the band was still playing. I think this was during the first Frozen summer. The band also made a joke that they kept playing past closing so Disney could charge us extra for staying in the park, lol.

photomatt

Prior abuse of a courtesy doesn't change the problem on your end. Security sweeps at closing are not new.
You're right. Security sweeps are not new, and they have never affected me before. I guess you didn't read that part.

I also said in my first post that I have never had security get anywhere near me, which means I must not be one of the last ones out of the park. If you read, and understood, my first post, you would have known that I always leave the park long before security even gets to Town Square. This means I am not the one keeping security there, and it also means that I understand that I should leave within a reasonable timeframe.

The issue is that what I used to do, with no issues, is now causing a problem. My routine has not changed. Disney has changed. That is the issue. You can choose to defend Disney. That is certainly your right. At the very least, though, you should understand what issue it is you are commenting on.

photomatt

Yeah, this is about DISNEY seeing what they can get away with. :rolleyes: If you skipped class a dozen times and got away with it, is it the teacher who is to blame when you finally get busted and sent to detention?

Please re-read my original post before you accuse me of trying to get away with anything.

photomatt

Only time I can think of where something similar to this happened to me was at DHS during EMH. It was getting close to the end and we saw the final show of MuppetVision. After that we saw we still had a few minutes so we thought we could quickly go to Toy Story but were stopped by security and told to go to the front of the park where the band was still playing. I think this was during the first Frozen summer. The band also made a joke that they kept playing past closing so Disney could charge us extra for staying in the park, lol.
This is actually "normal". If you are in a land after closing, once security starts its sweep, the only direction you can go is towards the exit. What is not normal is for security to actively tell you to leave.

Matt_Black

The issue is that what I used to do, with no issues, is now causing a problem. My routine has not changed. Disney has changed. That is the issue. You can choose to defend Disney. That is certainly your right. At the very least, though, you should understand what issue it is you are commenting on.

"Man, I used to be able to catch a smoke behind the gym instead of going to English. But now that jerk Assistant Principle walks back there twice during that period. That jerk!"

FigmentForver96

This is actually "normal". If you are in a land after closing, once security starts its sweep, the only direction you can go is towards the exit. What is not normal is for security to actively tell you to leave.
They will and have been doing it for a while. I remember as far back as 07 when we were told to make for the exit of Hollywood Studios due to the park being closed. We were just walking around.

Mike S

Well when we got out of MuppetVision it wasn't past closing yet. I never really thought much of it and am not complaining at all, just sharing a somewhat similar story.

photomatt

"Man, I used to be able to catch a smoke behind the gym instead of going to English. But now that jerk Assistant Principle walks back there twice during that period. That jerk!"
So you have made a choice not to read my first post. OK.

I will play your game.

Man, I used to be able to take pictures after park closing. I was always aware of where the security CM's were, and I always paced myself to stay way ahead of them. I was never the last one out of the park. In fact, it was never close. I always made sure to leave before security started sweeping Main Street. Now, those jerks, Iger and his cronies who suckle Wall Street's nipple and cater to their every whim, direct their henchmen to begin their sweep much earlier. Not only does the sweep begin earlier, the security CM's are actively telling people to leave, instead of passively standing nearby. Yea, you're right, those jerks!

BringMeTheHoriz

You were on Main Street for a full hour and twenty minutes after park closing.....you need to find yourself a girl mate.

Park closes at 9, not 9 plus two hours for pictures. Unless you're stuck in a line somewhere, courtesy dictates you head for the exits.

lazyboy97o

You're right. Security sweeps are not new, and they have never affected me before. I guess you didn't read that part.

I also said in my first post that I have never had security get anywhere near me, which means I must not be one of the last ones out of the park. If you read, and understood, my first post, you would have known that I always leave the park long before security even gets to Town Square. This means I am not the one keeping security there, and it also means that I understand that I should leave within a reasonable timeframe.

None of what you describe obsolves you from abuse of Disney's courtesy. Others being more abusive doesn't make you right. Your actions are exactly the type that, regardless of budget cuts, would result in the type of policy changes you allege are suddenly new (but are not).

photomatt

You were on Main Street for a full hour and twenty minutes after park closing.....you need to find yourself a girl mate.

Park closes at 9, not 9 plus two hours for pictures. Unless you're stuck in a line somewhere, courtesy dictates you head for the exits.
Read my first post. Please don't comment on it unless you comprehend it.

photomatt

None of what you describe obsolves you from abuse of Disney's courtesy. Others being more abusive doesn't make you right. Your actions are exactly the type that, regardless of budget cuts, would result in the type of policy changes you allege are suddenly new (but are not).
Are you making a conscious choice to refuse to comprehend my first post?

lazyboy97o

Are you making a conscious choice to refuse to comprehend my first post?
It seems you, confronted with your actions, are the one projecting incomprehensible accusations onto others, be it posters here or security personelle doing their job. Just because security had not previously made its way to you has no bearing on your abuse of Disney's courtesy. All you've described is a pattern of not getting caught and then anger when finally getting caught.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom