Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You don't actually understand how the process works... At all. If an animatronic breaks it is still repaired (in place or backstage) by Disney staff. Many attractions have maintenance areas for doing this exact type of work and Central Shops still has a large animation shop where figures from around WDW (and beyond) are worked on. Many custom parts are ordered from garner holt but the work is done by Disney staff.

That does not square with the public announcements as well as the fact that Garner Holt took over the complete spares inventory, I suspect what is happening is those employees doing the repairs are actually Disney badged GH employees.

Here's a thread from 2012

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/garner-holt-takes-over-disneys-mapo-division.841186/

peter11435

That does not square with the public announcements as well as the fact that Garner Holt took over the complete spares inventory, I suspect what is happening is those employees doing the repairs are actually Disney badged GH employees.

Here's a thread from 2012

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/garner-holt-takes-over-disneys-mapo-division.841186/
The are not. They are disney badged Disney employees. Your suspicions are usually wrong. Garner holt manufactures the parts and in most cases designs and builds the new figures. They do not perform the maintenance on the figures in the field. That is done by Disney staff using parts ordered from Garner Holt.

hpyhnt 1000

Cream Cheese Pretzels are gone... Thanks Shanghai

These specific food cuts really baffle me. Are they really saving THAT much in the grand scheme of things? I suppose every penny eventually adds up but a lot of this just seems petty.

Of more concern is how long this goes on and if it becomes permanent. Sure, it may only be a drier piece of bread here or a more fatty piece of meat there, but I had hoped declining food quality (at ever higher prices) was something WDW had finally reversed. But all these budgets cuts are likely undoing any progress that had been made.

Mike S

These specific food cuts really baffle me. Are they really saving THAT much in the grand scheme of things? I suppose every penny eventually adds up but a lot of this just seems petty.

Of more concern is how long this goes on and if it becomes permanent. Sure, it may only be a drier piece of bread here or a more fatty piece of meat there, but I had hoped declining food quality (at ever higher prices) was something WDW had finally reversed. But all these budgets cuts are likely undoing any progress that had been made.
All the more reason to bring your own.

RSoxNo1

This goes back to what was happening 5-7 years ago... homogenization. People will just buy regular pretzels. When you have less unique products your inventory costs go down.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

When I worked for a major airline we cut ONE olive from the martini's and saved about a million dollars that year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom