Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

jt04

Yes. Bye. It has been an amazing run. I got my Star Wars Land and awesome new DTD.

Nothing left on the list of major import. Off to bigger and better. Although I will lurk from time to time. Wouldn't want to miss 74's transition into Howard Hughes.

PS- Freedom of speech. It's a good thing. Steve Tyler would agree.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Zero chance. They are still imagineering new ways to monetize it. Live sports is a growth industry.

Not when you overpay for content in an increasingly competitive marketplace. It leaves you unable to recover your costs. Estimates are that only approximately 15-20 percent of ESPN subs are willing to pay for it and they top out at 8 bucks/month as opposed to the 20-22 bucks month Disney needs to remain revenue neutral.

No Disney is not in a good place with ESPN going forward

Donald Razorduck

While Disney bends over it's Employees and unsuspecting guests, they play the PR game by interjecting themselves into State governance, trying to nullify nasty ol' democracy. Doesn't matter what side your on, Major corporations are not the government and should not dictate laws. Funny how Disney takes their money in subsidies and from the citizens of Georgia on vacation only to tell how they need to live. If California was so Dandy they would be filming there not Georgia. Oh, it's about the Benjamins. Will Disney withdraw the SEC Network from Georgia to punish those mean ol rednecks. Will they move the studio from NC too. I'm always fascinated how Tim Cook is so concerned about Indiana laws while selling Iphones in countries that hang and kill gays. Last I looked, it's lots harder being Gay in China than Georgia.

No matter how progressive they project themselves, they are nothing more then a machine to make shareholders money.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

dzyrUl2.gif

RSoxNo1

You have heard accurately. Some things have been rebuilt three and four times now ... Disney is now actively paying Chinese workers to do nothing while Americans, Aussies, Europeans etc are being paid as well to fix things. Again, this isn't Disney's Resort in China. This is the CCP's Disney Resort in Shanghai.

And there are very few people who seem to get the distinction, why it matters and what it means.
Are you saying that Bob Iger has made poor decisions related to the theme parks? Based on all of the additions to WDW during his reign, I refuse to believe you. I don't understand why you insist on dragging his name through the mud.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes. Bye. It has been an amazing run. I got my Star Wars Land and awesome new DTD.

Nothing left on the list of major import. Off to bigger and better. Although I will lurk from time to time. Wouldn't want to miss 74's transition into Howard Hughes.

PS- Freedom of speech. It's a good thing. Steve Tyler would agree.

Ahh JT still a complete and utter dobber I see. I'm guessing you've reached that stage of your treatment where nursey will let you near a keyboard for a few mins a day. Keep up the good work you must have mastered the crayons and not stabbed yourself. Keep your sheriffs badge polished.
One can but hope that if all goes well you may be allowed out to actually visit a park. However unlikely that is.

raven

Are you saying that Bob Iger has made poor decisions related to the theme parks? Based on all of the additions to WDW during his reign, I refuse to believe you. I don't understand why you insist on dragging his name through the mud.
Poor decisions to cut American jobs and cut back employees hours all to spend less so they can send that money to the Chinese? Yes.

All the "additions" to the parks that take years and years to complete and spend millions of dollars on useless details and R&D that the majority of guests will even care about? Yes.

Aim the parks at the upper class families instead of their core, dedicated, lifetime followers who've now been priced out of their dreams? Yes.

Who is the CEO in charge of all this?

Mud > Bob Iger

SirLink

Poor decisions to cut American jobs and cut back employees hours all to spend less so they can send that money to the Chinese? Yes.

All the "additions" to the parks that take years and years to complete and spend millions of dollars on useless details and R&D that the majority of guests will even care about? Yes.

Aim the parks at the upper class families instead of their core, dedicated, lifetime followers who've now been priced out of their dreams? Yes.

Who is the CEO in charge of all this?

Mud > Bob Iger

Psst @raven, I think it was sarcasm ....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Useless details? aka the "Disney difference." Isn't the lack of those details the reason the Grand Flo Villas get slammed so hard? Just as one example...

I thought that those details were actually a good thing. It sure is getting hard to keep track of what to get our panties in bunches over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom