Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Next Big Thing

There have been Star Wars DHS ads plastered all over every other billboard up and down I-4 and the 528. Why are they jacking up the advertising for a half-closed park while heavily implying that the additions that won't materialize for at least 3 more years are ready to go? I'm sure they'd like to squeeze every dime they can out of DHS while it's under construction, but this is just absurd.
You basically answered your own question. The park is hurting and needs people. It's using SW as a crutch for now.

ToTBellHop

I suppose I was hoping there was a better reason for them to essentially lie to tourists.
Sure, they are jumping the gun a bit, but as of summer (whatever they define that as), there will be a lot of Star Wars in the park: Star Tours, Launch Bay, that new cavalcade, stage show, and fireworks. Right now they have three of those things and Storm Troopers marching around. I think most would feel there is a strong Star Wars presence. I'll be curious to see the quality of the new entertainment since they've had more time to plan it than the stuff they slapped together late last year (which has been successful in spite of itself).

Cesar R M

If that's what the bathroom stall looked like, the person who did must have been a mess. :eek: There is only so much you can clean up in a bathroom sink and some paper towels. I hope they had a change of clothes!! :jawdrop:

When I was in high school working at a gas station some guy used the men's room (which I had to clean) and literally shat 6 feet up the wall. It was an impressive spray pattern he achieved and then did nothing to even try an clean it up. Why would anyone be so disgusting. If you don't want to clean up your own mess than someone else certainly is not going to want to clean it up. :mad:
he sneezed while having explosive taco bell levels of diarreha?

raven

If it gets too bad, CMs are sometimes told to close the restroom if possible (which in turn would wipe out efficiency over show, so they have to prioritize and almost never actually close it). They always tried to stress how bad it looks and to report right away. Custodial management hates the toilet issue in particular because it reflects poorly on them, yet there's nothing that custodial can do and to top it off now people are being laid off.
Not sure if they exist everywhere, but a lot of restrooms on property have a hidden button to flush all of the toilets at the same time. I believe some have been disconnected though. But it used to be very easy to at least flush everything at once. Buttons are still there if you know where to find them! ;)

That's nothing compared to walking into a stall (I was working keep in mind) and seeing sh*t just literally everywhere. Nothing in the toilet, but somehow it made it onto the ceiling and walls...

People have no respect for anything these days on a WDW vacation.
CM restrooms are by far the worst. Bus Drivers bathrooms are especially nasty and I'm not sure they even realize there is an actual toilet in the room. :banghead:

COProgressFan

Not sure if they exist everywhere, but a lot of restrooms on property have a hidden button to flush all of the toilets at the same time. I believe some have been disconnected though. But it used to be very easy to at least flush everything at once. Buttons are still there if you know where to find them! ;)

Well now that we know this, it sounds like a challenge to me! :D Forget about Hidden Mickeys, the next big thing is going to be finding the secret universal toilet flushing button!!

Mike S

I've heard this from a few friends also. It's either being considered or already in place. PT hours have already been cut in my location to just one or two days a week; and not even full 8 hours shifts at that (though I don't know if that was a norm prior to the cuts). It is getting to the point where the cons are finally overtaking the pros for me...and I'm the type of guy who can weather the storm. But this is storm unlike one I've ever seen. I'm ill prepared :(
Out of curiosity what is your location? People here have probably passed you so many times without even knowing.

PhilharMagician

CM restrooms are by far the worst. Bus Drivers bathrooms are especially nasty and I'm not sure they even realize there is an actual toilet in the room. :banghead:

is wrong with people?? I do not understand how people can live like that. I freak out when someone throws a cigarette butt on the ground let alone spray bombing a restroom.

Why are the cast bathrooms so bad? Lack of service or just animals using them.

ToTBellHop

*** is wrong with people?? I do not understand how people can live like that. I freak out when someone throws a cigarette butt on the ground let alone spray bombing a restroom.

Why are the cast bathrooms so bad? Lack of service or just animals using them.
People are disgusting. Worse than some animals. My cat actually prides himself in cleanliness...

Too many humans are like
dirty-cat-12.jpg

scoobygirl39541

I can't read back 76 pages, but we have a trip in mid-September can't find a TS at the MK opened after 6pm (or for the entire month actually). Is that due to these cutbacks? We're going to have to leave the park to eat dinner.

TeriofTerror

I can't read back 76 pages, but we have a trip in mid-September can't find a TS at the MK opened after 6pm (or for the entire month actually). Is that due to these cutbacks? We're going to have to leave the park to eat dinner.
It might be because of MNNSHP, but I can't say for sure.
Head over to the Polynesian and eat at Kona Cafe. It's reasonably priced (for Disney) and much better quality than anything I've had in the MK. And you can have alcohol!

Karenb64

I work as a TA and have a family going in September. On half of their nights, MK is shutting down at 7:00 p.m. I am assuming they are all for MNSSHP since it's closed the same days this was held last year. I also have not read the entire thread, so maybe someone has brought this up, but this is just another way Disney is cutting hours from regular guests to create additional revenue. It's ridiculous they are doing this event this many nights each week, plus one of the nights is Friday which is the early entry day. If you are an onsite guest and not paying for park hopping, this is likely your day to visit MK. Oh, and don't get me started on how it cost me $17.00 at Liberty Inn in Epcot this past February for a plain hamburger, fries and a drink! Disney is definitely making it harder to love them!!

Sonconato

My guess is that it's due to the MNSSHP. We are fortunate in that we live close enough to go weekly and we have been noticing for years now, that Disney keeps adding and extending these additional cost events which forces the "day" guests to leave early. We have never gone to any of these events but since we usually go in the evening, it really dictates when and where we go that week. It's a result of these events selling out, so they keep adding them. Even the daily events, like F&W festival are getting extended but that is more of a result that the amount of stuff to do in the parks keeps diminishing.

scoobygirl39541

It might be because of MNNSHP, but I can't say for sure.
I work as a TA and have a family going in September. On half of their nights, MK is shutting down at 7:00 p.m. I am assuming they are all for MNSSHP since it's closed the same days this was held last year.
My guess is that it's due to the MNSSHP.

It's not for MNSSHP. There are no TS open after 6pm on ANY day in September. The particular day in question is September 14 when the MK is open until 12am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom