Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I don't see this problem as evidence of recent cuts. I see it as deeper than that. It reflects the divide between regular guests at the parks and those willing to pay $$$$ for special experiences. You did not get what you paid for at the park because someone was willing to pay more. Disney went with the money. In my opinion, WDW has become a tiered experience. Ordinary middle class families are now playing second fiddle to the wealthy.

The first time I went to Walt Disney Land part of the Magic Kingdom was closing early for a special event. This is nothing new, that was 1975.

Next Big Thing

Most of us would like to point out additions, The simple truth is they don't exist for the most part except for the stuff that Disney hypes to the heavens. Like advertising WDW as 'the home of Star Wars' yeah Launch Bay , ST 2.0 and ???? SWW is no more

It's pathetic for the most part.
Well they currently have a fireworks show and will be getting an upgraded one soon. Also the stage show which will also have a first order march. SWW may be gone, but pretty much everything except the celebs will be there starting in April.

Sure it's misleading to an extent to market DHS as the home of all things Star Wars, but it's at least getting a land and has a decent amount going on. Frozen was a MUCH more misleading.

Cesar R M

Aren't the all?

There's thousands of hours that need to be entered everyday for parks, attractions, merchandise and food/beverage locations, entertainment, and resort locations. Any typo is going to negatively impact a large number of guests regardless of how busy it is. Mistakes happen.
considering how most hours barely change (only between seasons or when refurbishments)... you're giving them way too much credit.

I'm not defending. I'm explaining what happened. Mistakes DO happen. I'm sure you've made some yourself.

I doubt anyone informed them of the mistake until people showed up after 5:30, so there's not much you can do at that point.
technically, you do.
Lately you have been putting a lot of excuses for Disney.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well they currently have a fireworks show and will be getting an upgraded one soon. Also the stage show which will also have a first order march. SWW may be gone, but pretty much everything except the celebs will be there starting in April.

Sure it's misleading to an extent to market DHS as the home of all things Star Wars, but it's at least getting a land and has a decent amount going on. Frozen was a MUCH more misleading.

Yeah that land we are supposedly getting well Spirit notes that it will be at least 2020 before we see it, So at least for me that does not count at all

Buried20KLeague

That's nothing compared to walking into a stall (I was working keep in mind) and seeing sh*t just literally everywhere. Nothing in the toilet, but somehow it made it onto the ceiling and walls...

People have no respect for anything these days on a WDW vacation.

Some people can only hear "It's a Small World" so many times before they snap.

Mike S

That's nothing compared to walking into a stall (I was working keep in mind) and seeing sh*t just literally everywhere. Nothing in the toilet, but somehow it made it onto the ceiling and walls...

Proof that some people haven't evolved enough from Chimps. Disgusting.
I saw this DHS, MK, and Epcot on three different days, so I believe it is not isolated to just one park. Definitely not a glitch either.
I noticed it at every single ride I went on. It was the one thing that made me think wth is going on?

PhilharMagician

If that's what the bathroom stall looked like, the person who did must have been a mess. :eek: There is only so much you can clean up in a bathroom sink and some paper towels. I hope they had a change of clothes!! :jawdrop:

When I was in high school working at a gas station some guy used the men's room (which I had to clean) and literally shat 6 feet up the wall. It was an impressive spray pattern he achieved and then did nothing to even try an clean it up. Why would anyone be so disgusting. If you don't want to clean up your own mess than someone else certainly is not going to want to clean it up. :mad:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I"m hearing reports that Disney is offering International CPs to end their program early and go home and for doing so, they will give them 900 dollars.

If true, that's VERY concerning to me. I would expect them to cut part time hours and even the full time CMs down to the minimum and use CPs to fill the gap. I definitely don't expect them to cut CPs either domestic OR international.

These are very concerning times

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I"m hearing reports that Disney is offering International CPs to end their program early and go home and for doing so, they will give them 900 dollars.

If true, that's VERY concerning to me. I would expect them to cut part time hours and even the full time CMs down to the minimum and use CPs to fill the gap. I definitely don't expect them to cut CPs either domestic OR international.

These are very concerning times
Why do these posts keep popping up? These aren't concerning times, many these are being blown out of proportion, more than I have ever seen around these parts.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Why do these posts keep popping up? These aren't concerning times, many these are being blown out of proportion, more than I have ever seen around these parts.
Why? because that's what the entire thread is about! Entertainment being cut, CM hours being cut, operating hours of attractions and merchandise shops being reduced, and now CPs being offered a stipend to go home!

This is not being blown out of proportion. It's coming straight from the front lines of the CMs experiencing it.

Let me guess, you believe it's all due to "guest demand" right?

loboftbl

Why? because that's what the entire thread is about! Entertainment being cut, CM hours being cut, operating hours of attractions and merchandise shops being reduced, and now CPs being offered a stipend to go home!

This is not being blown out of proportion. It's coming straight from the front lines of the CMs experiencing it.

Let me guess, you believe it's all due to "guest demand" right?

Yes, it is guest demand driving this as seen by some of the responses on here. Some of the guests demand longer lines, fees on everything, less rides, less employees and higher prices. I can't wait until I have to swipe my magic band for a fee to ride the monorail or open a bathroom door....need a drink from the water fountain, that's one snack credit from your "magical" band

MotherOfBirds

There have been Star Wars DHS ads plastered all over every other billboard up and down I-4 and the 528. Why are they jacking up the advertising for a half-closed park while heavily implying that the additions that won't materialize for at least 3 more years are ready to go? I'm sure they'd like to squeeze every dime they can out of DHS while it's under construction, but this is just absurd.

skyphotographer

How convenient that this thread surfaced again tonight. We were at MK tonight and we were rather surprised at a couple things we saw while walking through the Park. Could this be a result of the cuts?

This first photo is just outside Columbia House. There was trash on the ground as well but I had trouble getting this photo because so many people kept walking by.
View attachment 134008

This next one was in the Emporium and this is one of two that look exactly the same. I've never seen it like this before. Granted, it's awful that guests leave a mess but there probably just isn't enough CMs to keep up with this chaos.
View attachment 134009

Not very magical is it? I wish everyone would take pics when they see a mess like this at Disney. Post your photos here and email to Disney management. Pictures really are worth a thousand words.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I mean, it doesn't help that idiots put paper in the urinals, not sure if this is some sort of way other countries do it, or people are just dumb. Most likely the latter.

I'm in an internationally staffed office and they have to keep signs posted above urinals and thrones about what NOT to put in them. Frequently we get everything.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Well there is a loyal Disney fan, Too bad that loyalty will not be returned or rewarded... V.I. Lenin had a name for people like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom