Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Storm? Record profits!

Shanghai and MyMagic won't just go away.

Doesn't mean I share managements decision but whatever they perceive as an issue they will manage to that and adjust once comfortable. Obviously you and I as fans and customers would prefer they didn't make cuts especially when they've made a ton of money but they are managing to set targets. It stinks... But it happens... Hopefully we see the policies reversed soon.

space42

Doesn't mean I share managements decision but whatever they perceive as an issue they will manage to that and adjust once comfortable. Obviously you and I as fans and customers would prefer they didn't make cuts especially when they've made a ton of money but they are managing to set targets. It stinks... But it happens... Hopefully we see the policies reversed soon.

Just like the Mickey butter, custom printed napkins, entertainment, holiday decorations , seasonal and closed attractions and all the other cuts came back?

Cesar R M

I love Disney....but enough is enough. I have to draw the line somewhere. There is so much to do in Orlando and so many other places to visit in the U.S. The price increases and cutbacks are way out of hand. 30% increase in one year to attend "Villians" party, just for example. Walt must be rolling in his grave. Its all about the shareholders and not about family...shame.
they could save a ton of money if they shut down the power plant for disney and just use Walt's spinning body as a generator.

brb1006

Both times I've been to DLP I've not had that experience with CMs. Whenever I hear stories of "rude CMs" (which are always inconsistent) I know there's more than one side of the story, and it usually involves a failure on the part of the foreign tourist to understand local customs (like saying "bonjour" to get someone's attention, and then waiting for them to say "bonjour" back before asking a question). I imagine those used to Japanese service would be disappointed by what passes for customer service in the USA.

Regarding the English comment, some DLP CMs are even from the UK, so you're statement of "definitely not true" is well...definitely not true.

DLP CMs have recently gone through extensive retraining to improve their service as part of the broader effort to improve the overall quality of the resort. There's also a youtube campaign called "We are Disneyland" that highlights CMs in different roles throughout the resort to show that some do in fact care about their work (or at least will say so in front of a camera).

As to Ford's point, the idea that France (which sees more international visitors than any other country in the world) inherently hates tourists is nonsense.
I will never forget the time a video leaked online years ago shot somewhere back stage in DLP of the characters doing very suggestive things that I don't want to describe since this is a PG site. But let's just say action has been taken with the CMs all seen in the video.

mm52200

I know this is a WDW forum so we hear more about cuts at WDW and have more sources there...but even on Twitter and other Disney fan sites it seems like I don't hear about half as many things being cut and reduced at DLR, is that just me? It seems like they're coming out of this without too many cuts. You don't hear about them cutting multiple characters and entertainment options or other things of the like. Or am I just missing something..

asianway

I know this is a WDW forum so we hear more about cuts at WDW and have more sources there...but even on Twitter and other Disney fan sites it seems like I don't hear about half as many things being cut and reduced at DLR, is that just me? It seems like they're coming out of this without too many cuts. You don't hear about them cutting multiple characters and entertainment options or other things of the like. Or am I just missing something..
I've heard the wilderness explorer ceremony, obviously Mad T Party, possibly even Play Parade.

Nubs70

This statement is ridiculous, even if Bob were so egotistical and legacy driven he wouldn't put himself in a position to go to jail. That would be a far worse legacy then a few failed pet projects.
Ken Ley had a huge ego, who was positive that he was operating on firm legal ground, until he wasn't. The accounting firms told him he was fine, after all, he did pass his audits.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
as @marni1971 said.. what storm?
they're swimming in money.

Are they?, I've watched more companies blow up over the years than I care to remember and they ALL did stuff like this right before the end. Posted record profits yet made huge cutbacks while buying stock like it was going out of style to keep the EPS respectable. And basically hung out "will do anything for cash sign". Next step will be to draw down lines of credit...

betty rose

It may be too little to late, for our family. Hubby is now planning to go to Universal in October, and skipping Disney all together. We are DVC and do one trip in June, with the extended family. The extended family is being priced out of Disney, since they have school aged kids. When they go, we sell out, and go back to cruising. This is sad, as we have gone since 1972. No more, enough is enough.

MagicHappens1971

Saw this today and thought it was funny
image.png

lazyboy97o

I will never forget the time a video leaked online years ago shot somewhere back stage in DLP of the characters doing very suggestive things that I don't want to describe since this is a PG site. But let's just say action has been taken with the CMs all seen in the video.
That is nothing new or unusual and is not going to be stopped.

djkidkaz

The concern that always comes up in regards to bringing all these cuts back after they've "weathered the storm" is once they've seen they can run on all these cutbacks, why bring them back and add to the payroll? If Shanghai doesn't open to record breaking profits, shattering expectations I expect more cuts will come. Problem is what will be left to trim?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom