Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

olie64

If Shanghai doesn't open to record breaking profits, shattering expectations I expect more cuts will come.

To be honest I jut don't think Chinese Goverment allows it not to be record breaking. They could very well force people go to the park. Never underestimate the Chinese and their Hatred for Hong Kong. I would almost bet my house on the fact it will do better then most of us think is possible.

Edit: I stand correct on the ghost cities.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

To be honest I jut don't think Chinese Goverment allows it not to be record breaking. They could very well force people go to the park. Never underestimate the Chinese and their Hatred for Hong Kong. I would almost bet my house on the fact it will do better then most of us think is possible. THis is the government that built this

article-1339536-0C859404000005DC-176_634x475.jpg

yes that is a completely empty city they built and eventually people will "move" there.
China is not that centralized. These types of ghost cities get built by locals looking to meet development metrics and boost their own position. For years now there have been plenty of people crowding into the major cities who could be forced to move to these places if there was such a desire.

olie64

China is not that centralized. These types of ghost cities get built by locals looking to meet development metrics and boost their own position. For years now there have been plenty of people crowding into the major cities who could be forced to move to these places if there was such a desire.

10-4.

Absimilliard

Thank you for saying this, atleast for me. I'm Canadian, and my dad speaks French fluently, but Quebec French..... The differences are minor, but still noticeable, as different words are said in different ways, and some words are considered slang.... Even at Chef De France, the Women usually laugh at my dad..... Almost every time we go, which is not over 15 times. Last time my dad asked our waiter if it happens usually, and he purfusely apologized to my dad and said "since many American tourists come here and speak either poor quality, or laughable French, they've learned to just ignore all people who try to speak French to them...."

Ok, so back to DLP...... I went in April, and was very disappointed at the quality of the CM's, especially when the people who wrote about the parks said that they "all speak English, and usually atleast one other European language, since they're all from different countries..." Yeah..... No, that's definitely not true, atleast anymore. Most barely spoke English, and we're just straight rude. Unfortunately, it's part of the culture..... So it won't change any time soon.

I don't know if they care that their parks are going for a crap, or maybe I have too much hope for WDW CM's caring for the parks.

Until DLP finishes their desperate attempts at refurbishments, and completely redoes the Studios(to the amount of changed DHS is getting) DONT GO GUYS, ITS NOT WORTH THE EUROS..

Like others said, DLP is getting a good top to bottom rebuild and the attractions are incredible when they come back out. Its a Small World was gutted and rebuilt from the grounds up and it shows: its even better now than the HKDL and DL versions. Space Mountain will finish its refurbs in 2017 when the trains get new shells with vest restraints. Rock n Roller Coaster closed tonight for 4 months to replace the LSM launch system. Peter Pan's Flight was already a nice ride and it will get the upgrades that Disneyland received. This is not the "tinfoil volcano" version that is drawing huge crowds at the MK. I could go on and on, but this is what WDW should be doing.

As for the French attitude, I am a french canadian who worked at DLP before and I can throw Parisian slang around. Even though I can adopt a slower and clearer french accent so they can understand me more, I still get cute jokes and comments, but they are always in good humor, more like we're happy you're visiting us.

My last trip, I tried "Big Fernand" at the Val d'Europe mall and its a restaurant that prides itself on its french hamburgers called "Hamburge". I had the rude on purpose cashier try to correct me on using "hamburger" and I quickly fired back a french, a quebecois and english insults... This made his coworkers laugh their tail off and made the cashier realize I would not take his arrogance.

Jon81uk

I also liked that Walt, said his bathrooms would be so clean you could eat off the floor in them. Only, today you would get a very bad case of e-coli. Some of them are just nasty. :hungover::hungover::hungover:

I think this is more due to guest behaviour than the standard of cleaning. People now think it is acceptable to leave toilets a mess as someone will clean after them. 60 years ago people had a lot more respect for others.

COProgressFan

I think this is more due to guest behaviour than the standard of cleaning. People now think it is acceptable to leave toilets a mess as someone will clean after them. 60 years ago people had a lot more respect for others.

This may be so. But shouldn't Disney keep up with the times and clean them?

For all the years I've been going to Disney World (most of my life), it's only been in the past few years where I've begun to regularly see filthy bathrooms. And this isn't necessarily a case of someone who left one stall a mess; but water (or other liquids...yuck) all over floors, empty soap dispensers, and no paper towels. Guests may be part of the problem, but I'm not sure that's an excuse for an understaffed custodial department.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The concern that always comes up in regards to bringing all these cuts back after they've "weathered the storm" is once they've seen they can run on all these cutbacks, why bring them back and add to the payroll? If Shanghai doesn't open to record breaking profits, shattering expectations I expect more cuts will come. Problem is what will be left to trim?

First DHS will close for 'expedited construction' Then it's time for Chapter 11 ...

betty rose

This may be so. But shouldn't Disney keep up with the times and clean them?

For all the years I've been going to Disney World (most of my life), it's only been in the past few years where I've begun to regularly see filthy bathrooms. And this isn't necessarily a case of someone who left one stall a mess; but water (or other liquids...yuck) all over floors, empty soap dispensers, and no paper towels. Guests may be part of the problem, but I'm not sure that's an excuse for an understaffed custodial department.
I agree, I've been in so many dirty bathrooms, it's just disgusting. I wish the Exec's would have to clean the bathrooms.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
These are the kind of comments you make that are utterly ridiculous, and the reason no one on this takes you seriously

IRL my job involves thinking about the unthinkable. I've watched more companies crash and burn than I care to remember at Disney the handwriting is on the wall for those who look beyond the facade of a supposedly prosperous company. The cuts, stock buybacks price increases and anemic reinvestment are hallmarks of failing businesses

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
IRL my job involves thinking about the unthinkable. I've watched more companies crash and burn than I care to remember at Disney the handwriting is on the wall for those who look beyond the facade of a supposedly prosperous company. The cuts, stock buybacks price increases and anemic reinvestment are hallmarks of failing businesses
Wow, you couldn't be more incorrect. Stock Buybacks are essential, and actually shows a company is healthy by using excess cash on hand. That is finance 101. Price Increases have been annual every year Disney has operated (with maybe 2 or 3 years being the exception), so you are wrong there too. Want to take another swag at your doomsday post? Anemic reinvestment is also quite a stretch, you can get away with saying that about Epcot, but really every other area is getting plenty of reinvestment. Do you think when you post?

peter11435

Wow, you couldn't be more incorrect. Stock Buybacks are essential, and actually shows a company is healthy by using excess cash on hand. That is finance 101. Price Increases have been annual every year Disney has operated (with maybe 2 or 3 years being the exception), so you are wrong there too. Want to take another swag at your doomsday post? Anemic reinvestment is also quite a stretch, you can get away with saying that about Epcot, but really every other area is getting plenty of reinvestment. Do you think when you post?
He thinks he's an expert in every field when in reality he is very misinformed.

FrankLapidus

So, just to be clear, by "the handwriting is on the wall" you mean that the implosion of TWDC is imminent? That the up-to-now unthinkable is about to happen and Disney is going out of business, or "crash and burn" as you put it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom