Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

ptaylor

Premium Member
Don't know about you, but nothing I like to see more at a time when Disney is having to cut so much that impacts guests, and stop even the smallest appreciation initiatives that go to Cast Members, is that they can afford to fly meaningless bloggers from across the country to stay at DAK Lodge, eat in private at Boma, and have a private party at DAK - all in the name of Zootopia. And today, send blog 'winners' on a freebie food and drink trek around Seven Seas Lagoon. I use the term winners loosely, as it is the usual lineup of free-loaders in attendance. You can see it all for yourself on Twitter with DVC25 - the attendees just love to gloat about how fabulous their freebies are. I mean who doesn't want a MagicBand witha n Orange sticker on it?

To put it into context, I know of a group of CM's that get a reward of a pizza to share on break every month or so for a job well done. Guess what - it has been cut. Yep.

Last edited by a moderator:

RWilliams

Premium Member
Don't know about you, but nothing I like to see more at a time when Disney is having to cut so much that impacts guests, and stop even the smallest appreciation initiatives that go to Cast Members, is that they can afford to fly meaningless bloggers from across the country to stay at DAK Lodge, eat in private at Boma, and have a private party at DAK - all in the name of Zootopia. And today, send blog 'winners' on a freebie food and drink trek around Seven Seas Lagoon. I use the term winners loosely, as it is the usual lineup of free-loaders in attendance. You can see it all for yourself on Twitter with DVC25 - the attendees just love to gloat about how fabulous their freebies are. I mean who doesn't want a MagicBand witha n Orange sticker on it?

To put it into context, I know of a group of CM's that get a reward of a pizza to share on break every month or so for a job well done. Guess what - it has been cut. Yep.
Disgraceful!! I would have thought the jollies for the bloggers would have been the first thing cut. They sure must make a lot of money for the company!!! I'm sure they are solely responsible for the 1 billion dollar profit! I'm literally sick to my stomach.
I've heard of similar cuts to cast recognition events. Things that amount to maybe a couple $100. Ugh!

RonnieHare

that they can afford to fly meaningless bloggers from across the country to stay at DAK Lodge, eat in private at Boma, and have a private party at DAK - all in the name of Zootopia.

Hey there .. some of those Disney moms and disney praisers post on here, surely. The praised heeped on Disney by some here is surely linked to those rewards that Disney hands out for being pro positive to them online.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Hey there .. some of those Disney moms and disney praisers post on here, surely. The praised heeped on Disney by some here is surely linked to those rewards that Disney hands out for being pro positive to them online.
Another bell end post from the resident (repeat) bell end....

RonnieHare

Another bell end post from the resident (repeat) bell end....

That's rite. You don't like this negativity talk (probably on the rewards scheme sometime in the past). What you want to talk about .... Stitches Great Escape ride experience? Captain EO ? Bob Iger's haircut ?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That's rite. You don't like this negativity talk (probably on the rewards scheme sometime in the past). What you want to talk about .... Stitches Great Escape ride experience? Captain EO ? Bob Iger's haircut ?
d7b73089277f84b6c4a7205be8df68ac.jpg

DisneyGigi

Is this really true? Maybe I have kept my head in the sand, but, it is the cast members has made Disney great, they should be rewarded for it. -smh

mm52200

I hate to stir up the pot. Just saw someone on Twitter who claims they have a contact with Equity to expect the citizens of Hollywood to be around much longer. I really don't want to believe this. Can anyone comment if they have any insight? This would be the worst cut they could make.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No Jordan Nite, I just don't like you, your multiple accounts, or your trademark misspelled words. Like I said, bell end....

RWilliams

Premium Member
I don't doubt for one minute that these bloggers have value to the company that translates into $'s. I'm just really disappointed at how much more they are valued than the hard working and often abused front line cast members that have much more of a hand in the company's record profits.

RWilliams

Premium Member
It seems like, at least temporarily, it's going to be a bit bleak for your average front line CM. As members of the fan community I don't expect any of you to do anything or to even care really. I've learned that over the years. But I hope that some of you will find it in your hearts to just be a little nicer to the CMs you encounter on your next trip. Even if they aren't bubbly and perfect versions of what a cm should be. The ones that seem the most unhappy are the ones that could benefit the most from the extra smile from a guest.

RWilliams

Premium Member
I'm new to this forum but it seem in general most care. If we didn't care we would be spending time on here. I understand what your saying. CM are the heroes of the park.
Thank you and you're right. I wasn't being fair, I know a lot of people here care.
There is a vocal minority that comes out anytime there's any kind of labor dispute or contract negotiation. Those few like to tell us to get real jobs if we want to be valued by our employer. It gets to me and I really shouldn't let it. Thanks for your support! :)

olie64

Thank you and you're right. I wasn't being fair, I know a lot of people here care.
There is a vocal minority that comes out anytime there's any kind of labor dispute or contract negotiation. Those few like to tell us to get real jobs if we want to be valued by our employer. It gets to me and I really shouldn't let it. Thanks for your support! :)

I am a teacher so I can understand the "real job" comments. some people don't understand sometime you do a job not because of money.

raven

They don't like to mention that when they "force" new cast members to sign up. Also it's near impossible to get out of paying dues once you start.

Extremely difficult! You can only do so by a written letter for only one week prior to the date you joined. I've written letters and they've claimed they "never received it" and had to pay another $500 in dues for yet another year. The next year I sent a Certified Letter with Return Receipt and got out. No calls, no letter asking why I left, nothing.

I bought into DVC thinking that I was getting so much more. Now, it's just a sham. I'm over this, the dues are too expensive with not getting daily service. Towels, etc.

I'm certainly not an advocate for DVC but all of those things are stated in the contract and informed about when taking a DVC tour. DVC, Time Share, Vacation Ownership or whatever else you want to call it is basically your own home for a stretch of time and most don't provided daily services like at a hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom