Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Quinnmac000

Disney can get away with anything because they are synonymous with good and happy endings to the general public. How do you expect a company to have a truly moral compass when they go and proudly state WE HIRE VETERANS and then give them the worst jobs of all just so they can get a huge tax cut. Do people know this? Of course they do but because its Disney its okay because dreams come true here. Well I guess it was a dream for some of the full time/part-time workers to get replaced by interns and foreign visa workers.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It seems like, at least temporarily, it's going to be a bit bleak for your average front line CM. As members of the fan community I don't expect any of you to do anything or to even care really. I've learned that over the years. But I hope that some of you will find it in your hearts to just be a little nicer to the CMs you encounter on your next trip. Even if they aren't bubbly and perfect versions of what a cm should be. The ones that seem the most unhappy are the ones that could benefit the most from the extra smile from a guest.

Through the years, I've found that the WDW CMs are friendly and helpful, and definitely contribute to the guest experience. I've had a number of pleasant conversations with them. And, I think you'll find that many guests do care about the CMs. If I travel to WDW this spring, I'll make it a point to share a kind greeting with some of the CMs, and let them know they are appreciated.

Cesar R M

Why would you not go to Universal? Am not sure if Uber is in Orlando, but they're great parks.

Never understand how people can travel from different countries but only stay in Disney.
I can confirm uber works and works very good for moving near uni area.
also moved from Disney DVC to UNI area, was half the price of a normal MEARS cab.

Cesar R M

Pretty much like it always was just had a different name. It was called personnel management then. When it wasn't Wall Street it was independent entrepreneurs. Greed is an inherent part of capitalism and the justifiable unwillingness of the "oppressed" to do something about it, the reason why it has been going on for ages. Even the highest paid person is expendable. There is always someone(s) available to fill in the gap. Entry level positions that require no previous experience are extremely expendable on an individual basis, not so much as a group.
I dont think Golden Parachutes did exist back then (you know, these where companies give you 20 or more millions for destroying the company so the highest shareholders can sell the assets, retain most of the money and leave the smaller shareholders with nothing for the "bankrupcy" )

Cesar R M

I don't doubt for one minute that these bloggers have value to the company that translates into $'s. I'm just really disappointed at how much more they are valued than the hard working and often abused front line cast members that have much more of a hand in the company's record profits.
I think thats the point.. a bunch of "resonance" and "loud mouthers" flooding social media about how good XXX brand is.. CAN silence the negative comments and pretty much sway the uneducated masses.
Social manipulation is not new.. but they are taking to record levels thanks to online presences.

asianway

Letters sent (except to Meg Crofton and Jay Rasulo). I'll let y'all know if I receive a response.
On a side note, I must confess that I found it rather disheartening that the only female I contacted was Mr. Staggs' assistant. Diversity doesn't appear to be a strong suit of the WDC, does it?
You mean like the current female CFO? She should be on everyone's list can't believe everyone's too lazy to update the letter writing lists

pax_65

And since most tickets are sold are 5+ days.. they pretty much shove the 40% of a park in the entire thing.

They put a lot of thought into how they price tickets to encourage the longer timeframe. Given the current state of the parks and my lack of enthusiasm for the whole thing, I considered just getting a 5-day pass for my upcoming 10-day trip. But they price to discourage this kind of thriftiness. A 5-day adult base ticket is $315, a 10-day is $365. So for $40 I double the value of the ticket.

asianway

They put a lot of thought into how they price tickets to encourage the longer timeframe. Given the current state of the parks and my lack of enthusiasm for the whole thing, I considered just getting a 5-day pass for my upcoming 10-day trip. But they price to discourage this kind of thriftiness. A 5-day adult base ticket is $315, a 10-day is $365. So for $40 I double the value of the ticket.
This is the loophole they need to close. It's the reason the MK is so packed...people coming back because it's practically free

raven

The close that loophole and they start losing out on 5 nights of resort stays. I don't see that being a very good strategy.
Over the past several years they've been focusing filling up their resorts more than anything. Now the issue is that it's created overcrowding in the parks but they don't seem to be worried about it and continue to cut guests experiences to make even more bank.

ToTBellHop

That's the overall point.

It's absolutely reprehensible behavior for a company that made record profits to sit and cut people's hours, services and entertainment, claiming poverty.

It's repugnant.
I find this FAR more repulsive than any cut to us, the guests (e.g. no more turkey legs at DAK isn't THAT big of a deal to me and I actually think it's unrelated). To treat your employees like this while you rake in record profits is appalling. A company that prides itself (or used to) in service should value those that provide the service. Is the "Disney Difference" not a thing any more?

olie64

I find this FAR more repulsive than any cut to us, the guests (e.g. no more turkey legs at DAK isn't THAT big of a deal to me and I actually think it's unrelated). To treat your employees like this while you rake in record profits is appalling. A company that prides itself (or used to) in service should value those that provide the service. Is the "Disney Difference" not a thing any more?

I 100%, with out good employees Disney will lose that difference.

RonnieHare

Closing down half of DHS to make way for Star Wars, then taking 5 years to build it - is probably a smoke and mirrors way of saving money too.

Closing down Lights Motor show down - the excuse given was that they need space for workers equipment and construction, is the biggest load of nonsense i've ever heard. Disney is huge, are you telling me they can't bloody down their tools in another area? How on earth did Universal manage it with even less space, and build Diagon Alley in 2 and a bit years ?!

Whether you liked Lights Motor Action show is irrelevant, it took in a huge amount of people, and was a standalone attraction that was pretty good for the first timer. CLOSING DOWN THIS ATTRACTION IS TO SAVE MONEY. NO OTHER REASON.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom