Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Mike S

Leave early and get retirement before hours are cut so low that they wouldn't be eligible for benefits. They'd still receive their free entry and discount though. Essentially they'd be only working PT hours when they retire so benefits would disappear. Don't shoot the messenger. Just relaying what was told to me.
Wait, so they're getting to retire earlier than expected with benefits?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Leave early and get retirement before hours are cut so low that they wouldn't be eligible for benefits. They'd still receive their free entry and discount though. Essentially they'd be only working PT hours when they retire so benefits would disappear. Don't shoot the messenger. Just relaying what was told to me.
Oh, I'm not. Just trying to understand why that person wouldn't just stay on until they had the hours. I would, even if it meant adding a year.

hopemax

Basically, there are multiple thresh holds. You have to have minimum years of service (10 and 15 are the levels, plus there are grandfathered in people who get lifetime medical, i think something like having started before 1998 or something, can't remember). But in addition to that, it sounds like there might be a rolling hours check. So you need to have worked something like 780 hours, in the six months prior to retirement. (that's 24 weeks at 32 hours, just a guess)

It sounds like raven's friend currently has hit that hours mark, but he may not be guaranteed to hit it in the next six months.

raven

Wait, so they're getting to retire earlier than expected with benefits?
Forced into early retirement. But this person had a party planned, booked a hall & catering and family already bought plane tickets for the original retirement date.
Oh, I'm not. Just trying to understand why that person wouldn't just stay on until they had the hours. I would, even if it meant adding a year.

Plans have already been made but these cuts threw a wrench in everything and has now cost them, and their family, few hundred dollars to reorganize.

raven

Basically, there are multiple thresh holds. You have to have minimum years of service (10 and 15 are the levels, plus there are grandfathered in people who get lifetime medical, i think something like having started before 1998 or something, can't remember). But in addition to that, it sounds like there might be a rolling hours check. So you need to have worked something like 780 hours, in the six months prior to retirement. (that's 24 weeks at 32 hours, just a guess)

It sounds like raven's friend currently has hit that hours mark, but he may not be guaranteed to hit it in the next six months.
Thank you and yes. I don't know the logistics of it but that's probably along the same lines.

Goofyernmost

Quick check of the My Disney Experience app just shows POTC at 30 minute wait, Peter Pan at 60 minutes, Mine Train at 90 minutes, Jungle Cruise 50 minutes, Enchanted Tales 40 minutes, Splash 50 minutes...I don't think it's a slow season. WDW doesn't seem to have those anymore.
Oh my... yes that is slow compared to summer. It's all relative! One thing for sure, it doesn't require the amount of service that is available when the lines are 60 min., 90 min., 120 min., 90 min., 100 min. and 90 min. respectively.

RonnieHare

Those Bob Iger supporters have become rather conspicuous by their silence. What an utter disgrace of a CEO.

bob-iger-disney-post.jpg

RonnieHare

Meanwhile I just got a text from a friend who's worked for the company for over 30 years who will be retiring in the fall. Suddenly they had to move up their retirement date to this spring. All because the Add It Up Benefits Center told them since their hourly minimum requirement to receive retirement benefits wouldn't be met at the planned retirement date and was advised to leave now. This was someone who honestly dedicated their entire life to Disney, was born and raise right down the road, and even performed as an child performer in the opening ceremony for MK in 1971 beside Julie Andrews. Now look at the memory they are taking with them out the door. It's a shame.

Not all bad news ... Bob Iger and his cronies will see their salaries increase.

RonnieHare

Fewer cast running attraction..... Means attractions won't run at full capacity and longer lines.

Oh dear.

You were one of the chief supporters of Bob Iger when members would post what an utter disgrace of a CEO he had been, defending him as he was your own father. Suspicously quiet now on that front aren't you?

Jon81uk

Quick check of the My Disney Experience app just shows POTC at 30 minute wait, Peter Pan at 60 minutes, Mine Train at 90 minutes, Jungle Cruise 50 minutes, Enchanted Tales 40 minutes, Splash 50 minutes...I don't think it's a slow season. WDW doesn't seem to have those anymore.
Those seem like fairly average wait times, neither busy nor quiet.

Cesar R M

Not all bad news ... Bob Iger and his cronies will see their salaries increase.
of course.. "bonus for increasing the efficiency and performance of your employees".

Now, I dont mind CEOS making ridicoulous amount of money.. thats good for them.
What I seriously pi***es the bejesus out of me is.. how.. workers who have increased their performance and productivity by 4 folds.
Yet their salaries/wages are barely 50% higher.
Yet all the earnings goes now straight to CEO compensation.. which is BS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom