Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yet all of that extra $ still isn't enough for them.
There will never be enough. Businesses seek to increase profit. It's what the owners of businesses go in business to do. When TWDC went public it ceased being the novel concept that Walt intended and became beholden to stockholders. Not that I agree or like it. It's just what businesses do.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

raven

So those are assumptions. I was hoping that someone who actually works at the resorts where CMs are being cut could chime in to let us know if it is real, and exactly what they do at the resort.

I've heard about this aleady at DL but not WDW.

According to a writer on Theme Park Insider, Disney will also be laying off resort programs CMs
Can you provide a link where you saw this?

raven

Meanwhile I just got a text from a friend who's worked for the company for over 30 years who will be retiring in the fall. Suddenly they had to move up their retirement date to this spring. All because the Add It Up Benefits Center told them since their hourly minimum requirement to receive retirement benefits wouldn't be met at the planned retirement date and was advised to leave now. This was someone who honestly dedicated their entire life to Disney, was born and raise right down the road, and even performed as an child performer in the opening ceremony for MK in 1971 beside Julie Andrews. Now look at the memory they are taking with them out the door. It's a shame.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Meanwhile I just got a text from a friend who's worked for the company for over 30 years who will be retiring in the fall. Suddenly they had to move up their retirement date to this spring. All because the Add It Up Benefits Center told them since their hourly minimum requirement to receive retirement benefits wouldn't be met at the planned retirement date and was advised to leave now. This was someone who honestly dedicated their entire life to Disney, was born and raise right down the road, and even performed as an child performer in the opening ceremony for MK in 1971 beside Julie Andrews. Now look at the memory they are taking with them out the door. It's a shame.

Ah - so much for the cuts that are 'not' happening...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So that we can figure out who you are (within a couple of people), and blacklist from ever working for Disney again.:grumpy:
The reason I ask is because I can find no mention of this article on Theme Park Insider, and I just think it's more carp being spread without any grain of truth. I certainly don't agree with everything Disney has done and will do, but it seems that lots of people here are flying off the deep end for no reason other than they want to continue the dialog that everyone's trip will be ruined due to a few CMs losing hours, and a few cut CMs, with no proof that any of that is affecting the guests at all.

Even when a CM comes on and says the cuts are not as bad as everyone says, that person is jumped on like the rumormongers information is better than a 20 year veteran of the Disney company. And then when you ask for even the tiniest bit of proof from these people, you get jumped on as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
”dislike"

Mike S

Despicable.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So I'm a bit confused by this. If that person was told that their hourly minimum requirement to receive benefits wasn't going to be met by the planned retirement date, well, it certainly isn't going to be met by leaving early. So is this person still getting a retirement? Are you saying that they are just shoving this person out the door after 30 years with no retirement at all? Is there only one certain benefit that this person won't receive due to the minimum hours not being met? Why would someone put in for retirement if they didn't know all of this beforehand?

Retirement is a huge decision that should be thoroughly researched prior to any paperwork being submitted. So what is the whole story?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Disgusting and vile,

raven

So I'm a bit confused by this. If that person was told that their hourly minimum requirement to receive benefits wasn't going to be met by the planned retirement date, well, it certainly isn't going to be met by leaving early. So is this person still getting a retirement? Are you saying that they are just shoving this person out the door after 30 years with no retirement at all? Is there only one certain benefit that this person won't receive due to the minimum hours not being met? Why would someone put in for retirement if they didn't know all of this beforehand?

Retirement is a huge decision that should be thoroughly researched prior to any paperwork being submitted. So what is the whole story?
Benefits Center called them to inform them that if hours aren't met when they retire they'd have to wait or leave early. All due to cuts that are still yet to come (meaning even the benefits people are looking out for those close to retirement).

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Benefits Center called them to inform them that if hours aren't met when they retire they'd have to wait or leave early. All due to cuts that are still yet to come (meaning even the benefits people are looking out for those close to retirement).
Leave early and get no retirement, or leave early and get less retirement?

raven

Leave early and get no retirement, or leave early and get less retirement?
Leave early and get retirement before hours are cut so low that they wouldn't be eligible for benefits. They'd still receive their free entry and discount though. Essentially they'd be only working PT hours when they retire so benefits would disappear. Don't shoot the messenger. Just relaying what was told to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom