CSR or CBR which do you like best?

I have never stayed at CBR but earlier this year I stayed at CSR. The resort itself is beautiful but I would not go back. The food court I found to be too expensive, I couldnt control the temperature in my room due to their heat miser system and I did not like the convention atmosphere. It felt more like a work atmosphere rather than a family vacation one. On the plus side, the bus service was great.

Upvote 0

Pongo

Caribbean Beach is more centrally located to parks and Downtown Disney whereas Coronado Springs is kind of far out and close to Animal Kingdom.

As for food and pool, I think Coronado would beat out Caribbean, though Caribbean just had their pool redone.

Hope this helps :wave:

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Caribbean Beach is more centrally located to parks and Downtown Disney whereas Coronado Springs is kind of far out and close to Animal Kingdom.

As for food and pool, I think Coronado would beat out Caribbean, though Caribbean just had their pool redone.

Hope this helps :wave:
I just wanted to say that CSR is NOT farther out than CBR, if u look at an aerial map, you will see that CSR is actually quite centrally located. In my Unofficial Guide book, they list times to each park from each resort, and it is quicker to every park from CSR than from CBR if you're using the Disney Bus system (dont have it right here with me, but almost positive on that). I had to say this because I hate when people to try to say that CSR is so far away etc.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World in part three "Selecting your Hotel" it states that the commuting times to the parks from CSR are: 7:30 to MK; 4:00 to Epcot; 4:45 to MGM; and 4:45 to Animal Kingdom! See the map below.

281c844.jpg

CSR does not share with any other resort and has quick rides to all the parks. Once at the parks, they also have good stops at each of them.

CSR Park Bus Stops:
Hollywood Studios - Bus Stop 6 (1st stop closest to entrance)
AK - Bus Stop 8 (middle) -
MK - Bus Stop 10 (1st stop closest to entrance)
Epcot - Bus Stop 7 (2nd stop closest to entrance)
BB - Bus Stop 6 (middle)

Upvote 0

Belle91

Both are nice, I stayed at CBR in '98 and '09. I stayed at CSR in '04. I stayed at both in July. I like the CSR pool theming better. CBR food court is better than CSR. CSR's Pepper Market has its own system. You get a card stamped and there is an added fee. CBR has a normal food court. Both are fun to walk around. Buses are frequent at both. CBR's rooms are Nemo unless you pay about $20 extra/night for Pirates.

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
yeah it's really hard to choose they both have some great pros and cons. Some people like CSR food court some people don't, some like CBR pool over CSR pool, and the list can go back and forth as I can see in the post. We were going to go CBR and changed our mind to CSR. Now we just don't know after reading the post which one would be best for our family. Wife and I, 3 girls. Ages 8,5, and infant. Having a stroller and trying to get on the buses can be hard specially at a busy bus stop hoping that a moderate resort will help with this problem, the value bus stops are so crowded it was hard to get one on the bus. So the post here seem to make me believe the bus systems are better at the moderate over the value, I hope so. I think I'm leaning toward CSR but tomorrow could be different. LOL:lol::lol:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Honestly, I happen to like CSR over CBR, but that is only based on my personal likes and dislikes. I have stayed at all but three Disney resorts on property (Im working on that!!) and I can tell you that all of the resorts have their advantages. Some people prefer one set up to another or one theme to another. It doesnt make any of the others less valid or less desirable. I happen to love the Mod category and think it gives a great resort experience with some nice amenities for a reasonable price. I think you will be fine at either resort. Both have some great theming, a great main pool area etc. Either way you are getting a great resort and you will be in Disney. What resort amenities are you looking for? What theming is important to you? Is there anything in particular that you are hoping for within the resort? I think those questions might be a better way to select which resort is best for your family. Of course you can also do one resort this year and then the other next year!!! You really cant go wrong though on either one. Belle

Upvote 0

FrogFrog

Recently got back from CSR with my wife & we were both very impressed. I requested one of the updated rooms & that is what we got. We did online check-in & that made it so quick when we got there. It only took us about 5 minutes to get checked-in & to our room after arrival.

Our room was located in Casitas 5 which was just a little bit too far away from the food court for what I would have liked, but it really wasn't that bad of a walk. We were located very close to Station #2 for the Disney buses which was nice because we were the first ones on & the first ones off.

Both me & my wife would recommend CSR to anyone. It was a very nice place to stay.

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
WOW CSR sounds like the favorite today, I'm usually just a value guy meaning we only spend time in our room to sleep the rest in the parks but this time were going to do things a bit different. We want a nice pool and slide and I know both pools are nice each having a nice slide but I think my girls will like the Jaguar slide at CSR better than the slide at CBR. Good transportation that isn't to busy(have a child in a stroller). Good theming, nice quiet rooms, gift shops, and nice food court. I even might try and fish and i think CSR has a fishing hole. Were going to use the resort more and go to the parks later in the evening when it's not has hot. well at least that's the plan as of right now.

Upvote 0

JWH

Having stayed at Deluxes previously, our trip to the Coronado in June was a welcome surprise. We really liked this resort, and the rooms were very comfortable. Cost was half of previous Deluxe resort stays.

Also, VERY quiet at night, something I can't say about our last stay at the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Matt and Kelly

Also, VERY quiet at night, something I can't say about our last stay at the Contemporary.

Nice input. This thread really helps me out as well. We're heading back in April and we were originally going to stay in a value resort but now we are thinking moderate...these two are the resorts we are trying to decide between.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Having stayed at Deluxes previously, our trip to the Coronado in June was a welcome surprise. We really liked this resort, and the rooms were very comfortable. Cost was half of previous Deluxe resort stays.

Hi there J, I am a little surprised by the lack of quiet honestly. My experiences at the Deluxe resorts always had it nice and quiet for bedtime. The two where I noticed it was exceptionally quiet were the Animal Kindgom Lodge and the Yacht Club. I hope that this was just a one-time thing at the Contemporary, as that is a pretty great resort as well!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Lucky

We've stayed twice at CB and twice at CS. They're both nice but we like CS better. The pool area is better than at any other mod (or value) and the whole place is more beautiful, especially at night, than any other mod (or value).

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
yes having a Queen bed will be very nice I'm 6'5'' and those double beds just don't do it specially when you have to share it with a child, LOL:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom