CSR or CBR which do you like best?

meganw1985

I stayed at CBR in 05, before the pool remodel. Stayed at CSR in April. I think the bus service is much better at CSR, much more efficient. Plus, although I think it says CSR is bigger than CBR (not sure so don't quote me on it) it felt like it was easier to get around than CBR (especially to the registration desk!). I liked to food court and shop at CBR better, and the tropical feel is nice. CSR is much more "professional" (and the water pressure was AWFUL!!!) Stayed in the Ranchos, definately would have preferred Casitas or Cabanas! It's just a matter of preference. Look at the pictures and decide which one fits your travel party best. If you don't mind a sit down food court and a more professional feel, go for CSR (but request a room NOT in the Ranchos if possible...far away from everything besides the pool). If you want a more laid back, tropical feel (and a better food court & shop) go for CBR. But know that it is a little more difficult to navigate and buses aren't as efficient. And definately get a preferred room, as my room was FAAAAAR away from everything! I love both!

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

We've only stayed at the CSR -- seven times (it is our favorite Disney resort). We love everything about it. Every visit there, we've had a convention going on and we have never had an issue with the convention crowd (in fact, several of the deluxes are "convention" resorts as well but they don't seem to get the grief that the CSR does for being a convention resort). We have had stellar mousekeeping, outstanding CM's (they've often gone above and beyond). We like the quiet pools and main pool; we like that it has a fitness center/spa, a sand volleyball court, the largest hot tub of all the moderates and a new lounge with a DJ and no children allowed after 9 p.m.

Our oldest son (age 23) just came back from the Caribbean. While he had no major complaints and enjoyed his stay, he said he still prefers the CSR over the CBR. He said while the pool was nice, it was way too crowded as the resort seems to be attracting a lot more families because of the pool theme and the zero entry. He was with a group of 13 year old baseball players (he coaches) and they ened up buying water park tickets because the pool at the CBR was just too crowded.

Personally, CBR would be the last moderate we would stay at...but that's just us. We don't care for the theme/colors (we go to the beach while in Florida), we do not care for the new decor of the rooms and we did not like the food court at all.

However, both resorts are at Disney so all is good in that respect. Go with the theme that appeals to you the most.

Upvote 0

Marge10369

We've only stayed at the CSR -- seven times (it is our favorite Disney resort). We love everything about it. Every visit there, we've had a convention going on and we have never had an issue with the convention crowd (in fact, several of the deluxes are "convention" resorts as well but they don't seem to get the grief that the CSR does for being a convention resort). We have had stellar mousekeeping, outstanding CM's (they've often gone above and beyond). We like the quiet pools and main pool; we like that it has a fitness center/spa, a sand volleyball court, the largest hot tub of all the moderates and a new lounge with a DJ and no children allowed after 9 p.m.

Our oldest son (age 23) just came back from the Caribbean. While he had no major complaints and enjoyed his stay, he said he still prefers the CSR over the CBR. He said while the pool was nice, it was way too crowded as the resort seems to be attracting a lot more families because of the pool theme and the zero entry. He was with a group of 13 year old baseball players (he coaches) and they ened up buying water park tickets because the pool at the CBR was just too crowded.

Personally, CBR would be the last moderate we would stay at...but that's just us. We don't care for the theme/colors (we go to the beach while in Florida), we do not care for the new decor of the rooms and we did not like the food court at all.

However, both resorts are at Disney so all is good in that respect. Go with the theme that appeals to you the most.[/quote]

We feel the same way about this resort...if Disney had never put the word convention at the entrance, I really don't believe there would be so much emphasis put on the fact that it hosts conventions, which seems to put people off. After staying at many (including deluxes) resorts, CSR is our resort of choice.

We also agree that both resorts are at Disney so you can't go wrong!!!

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
I appreaciate all the responses I know were not going til June 2010 but I just can't wait, I kepp changing, updating, and changing things again. I'm driving my wife crazy!!:hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom