Crowded, Hot, and My Last June Trip

Just returned from a wonderful stay @ SS. The pools there are so very nice! The Turf Club is terrific food! Mousekeeping was fabulous! Never a worry.
HOWEVER , the parks are another story! I know Disney can't do anything about the weather, but the use of FPs is way out of control! CMs were not as kind and responsive as usual. TT was great until we waited an hour and the ride shut down. We had to leave the

queue. No FPs offered or anything!
DINNER @ Via Napoli was good. My pizza had great flavor. BTW the mezzo is a 3 TS credit. It was loud and hard to understand our waitress. The risotto balls were good, but you only get 3. The tiramisu was to die for though.
The parks were so crowded we weren't able to do all we wanted! We did enjoy riding Splash & Thunder during Wishes & we caught some of the later night parade. Little Mermaid wasn't anything special. Downpours didn't even clear out the park at all!!!!
Forget Brazilian Tour groups, the amount of large groups such as family reunions and graduates were the most I've ever seen!!!!!
Overall it was a nice short trip. I just noticed an overwhelming amount of people, and WDW just didn't seem prepared for it!
Pics later......

journ116

@bethymouse: I hope your DLR trip gets back on track! and I hope all things work out on the job front!

My family and I are planning a big family trip to DLR, too! I am aiming for Jan. or Feb. 2014, but we're traveling with extended family and coordinating everyone's schedule and working around "off school days" is proving to be troublesome. I do know that we're staying at the GCV for 5 nights and spending the other 2 nights someplace else...perhaps Paradise Pier, HOJO, or Fairfield Inn by Marriott? I also know that we're investing in 4-day PH tix, flying in and out of SNA, partaking in the Disneyland Resort Express, and buying Disney gift cards to use for our meals instead of paying for the odd dining plan (I'm averaging $50/adult & $25/child, plus we'll have a full kitchen and groceries at our disposal to off-set some of the other meals).

Oh, your TR was a good read!! Thanks for sharing!

Minnie1976

All of a sudden he tells me he may not have a job!:eek: Apparently rumors are flying around about production ( newspaper business). You know how rumors can be!:eek: He just didn't want to spend the $$$ to go on vacation since "we just got back". Well... 5 months is a ways away...:eek:
Then he tells me the Holy Spirit tell him to "wait". Yes. I know...:confused:
He shows me an email this morning from the owner of the newspaper that talks about " the bad weekend we had". Apparently many customers didn't receive their paper for 3 days.:( The newspaper itself has been around hundreds of years, but this is a new facility in an up and coming area ( Frederick County, Md.) They just have to "work out the bugs". Nothing of a complete shut down or anything!:rolleyes:
Bottom line, I'm still trying to convince him.
I want to check out WDW prices for April 2014 also, so we'll see...
DL would be my "ideal" trip though.;)
Thanks for asking. Sorry about the long rant @raven24
Well, when it comes to a job we have been there too, In these days you never know. I work for a school sysstem and they keep telling us be thankful you have a job. Not that you are doing a good job. Our newspaper the Times-Picayune has gone to 3 days a week home deliver because people read it online. Well, I''m 62 and like a real newspaper in the morning. They only cut us $2 a month and we are getting 4 copies less than what we were getting that is unless the Saints play than we get 4 copies a week. We have to have a special and know the outcome of the Saints on Monday, but never unless.

Good luck to ya'll

Californian Elitist

All of a sudden he tells me he may not have a job!:eek: Apparently rumors are flying around about production ( newspaper business). You know how rumors can be!:eek: He just didn't want to spend the $$$ to go on vacation since "we just got back". Well... 5 months is a ways away...:eek:
He shows me an email this morning from the owner of the newspaper that talks about " the bad weekend we had". Apparently many customers didn't receive their paper for 3 days.:( The newspaper itself has been around hundreds of years, but this is a new facility in an up and coming area ( Frederick County, Md.) They just have to "work out the bugs". Nothing of a complete shut down or anything!:rolleyes:

Oh man! I hope everything works out!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Well, when it comes to a job we have been there too, In these days you never know. I work for a school sysstem and they keep telling us be thankful you have a job. Not that you are doing a good job. Our newspaper the Times-Picayune has gone to 3 days a week home deliver because people read it online. Well, I''m 62 and like a real newspaper in the morning. They only cut us $2 a month and we are getting 4 copies less than what we were getting that is unless the Saints play than we get 4 copies a week. We have to have a special and know the outcome of the Saints on Monday, but never unless.

Good luck to ya'll

I hear ya, @minniemouse0830, although neither one of us works for a newspaper now, we get three of 'em delivered every morning. And back in college, I used to work on the paper, so I do have an appreciation for it. I hope the daily newspapers never go away.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
No more June, but did I say no more WDW?
I know DL was in the works, but I am just so hooked on WDW!:D
I have always wanted to stay @ Beach Club, so I am trying to still convince DH to go for New Years 2014.:D
A PIN code would be nice.
Pixie Dust needed please.;)

Oh Boy! If you think summer is crowded...NYE, Oy. Fun but mega crowds.

StarWarsGirl

Sounds about like Frederick County:rolleyes:. And a newspaper (this is coming from a former high school journalist). So much uncertainty, unreliable writers (I also was a frustrated editor). And, unfortunately, it sounds like MD. You have no idea about the newspaper troubles we've had

I really hope you get to go. I had such a blast on my trip and I want everyone to go and have fun!

Californian Elitist

Thanks raven24. You're so sweet.:) I'll keep you posted. I'm also still trying to get DH to buy into DVC, but he just gets mad, so I am just letting that one go.:( I'm still bugging him just about every day though for the DL trip.;)

DVC is expensive but great for those who stay in the hotels. Since your DH isn't on board with that one, just keep bothering him about future Disney trips.:D

bethymouse

Original Poster
It looks like I've put my DH "over the edge".
Sadly, it may not be until Christmas 2014 ( if I'm lucky).:(
He said, "Well let's just sell the house then and live in apartment".:(
Enough said.:(
Here's hoping to Christmas/New Years 2014/2015 or Easter 2015 at this point.:eek:
He had "Start saving for Disney" on his calendar beginning July 5 of this year, but now he took it off.:eek:
What's a poor Disney addict to do?:oops:

Figgy1

Premium Member
It looks like I've put my DH "over the edge".
Sadly, it may not be until Christmas 2014 ( if I'm lucky).:(
He said, "Well let's just sell the house then and live in apartment".:(
Enough said.:(
Here's hoping to Christmas/New Years 2014/2015 or Easter 2015 at this point.:eek:
He had "Start saving for Disney" on his calendar beginning July 5 of this year, but now he took it off.:eek:
What's a poor Disney addict to do?:oops:
I feel your pain Jim's Disney'd out for a while:( It might be a while before I get back:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom