Crocs with socks?

kverdon

Hi all,

My wife absolutely loves her Crocs and plans to where them to WDW in 3 weeks :sohappy: :sohappy: . The only problem is that they wear on the top of her foot on long walks. We were wondering if anyone wears socks with their crocs (this is starting to sound like Dr. Seuss.. :p ) and if so what type of socks you wear.

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

2excitedkids

i ALWAYS wear socks with mine! i tried to wear them without, but as soon as my feet get hot my shoes feel squishy and they just plain irritate me. if i get on a water ride or plan to get wet then i take my socks off and put them in a plastic bag where they will stay dry.

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

Here's a tip - wear cheap socks. I wore really expensive heavily padded athletic socks with them the first day and the crock wore a hole in them! When I wear thinner, cheap, tube socks there hasn't been a problem. Also, every hour or so you have to fix your socks. Something about the crocs makes them turn around on your feet as you walk. The foot part becomes upside down.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I have the cleo crocs and I love them, they are like a slip on sandal. I find the regular crocs to be very big and cumbersome since I have very narrow feet, I can wear AA width shoes.

BTW love the Dr. Seuss poem!!

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

I also get a little blister on the side of each of my feet when wearing my crocs. My crocs fit fine and the next size up would be way to big. I don't know if I would wear socks with that, but that's only because I hate wearing socks when it is warm out. But last week when we went to the zoo I wore them and knew that I was going to be on my feet all day. So I just put a band aid over each spot where it blisters, and I took a few bandaids along just in case they fell off. It worked perfectly. I didn't feel the blisters at all. So that could be an alternative to socks.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

BEFORE YOU PUT THOSE SOCKS ON...THINK OF THIS.....

SS2.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I also get a little blister on the side of each of my feet when wearing my crocs. My crocs fit fine and the next size up would be way to big. I don't know if I would wear socks with that, but that's only because I hate wearing socks when it is warm out. But last week when we went to the zoo I wore them and knew that I was going to be on my feet all day. So I just put a band aid over each spot where it blisters, and I took a few bandaids along just in case they fell off. It worked perfectly. I didn't feel the blisters at all. So that could be an alternative to socks.

Are your feet tight in the shoe or loose, as in not touching the edges of the shoe? They should feel as if they are a size too big (and look that way too). They should not rub or leave red spots.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Are your feet tight in the shoe or loose, as in not touching the edges of the shoe? They should feel as if they are a size too big (and look that way too). They should not rub or leave red spots.

No they are not really tight in the shoe, everything feels fine, except the very top of my left foot on the very left side gets a little mark, and the same on my right foot and the very right side. I am a size 8 normally, and the Disney crocs I bought were size 8-9. The 10-11 would be way too big for me. Maybe I have a weird foot! Lol.
Oh well, I love them so much that it doesn't bother me too bad, I just wear a bandaid and then it doesn't blister.

Upvote 0
I actually wear socks with all forms of shoes (yes with my sandals too).

But that's because of some weird thing that happens with my feet and shoes. I get horrible blisters under my toes (the part between the tip of the toe and the foot). Then about a day later, I start getting blisters under them.

You can imagine how that goes after a 2 week vacation in Disney World where the humidity is through the roof.

So needless to say, WEAR THOSE SOCKS WITH PRIDE!!!

But really, I simply wear white ankle socks. But my wife pretty much is allowed veto power for all clothing choices.

I am a guy after all. We're as bad as a 4 year-old choosing clothes by ourselves.

How do you think those ugly shirts and shorts get sold? We shop by ourselves... :D :-B

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

SS2.jpg

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Really funny. I am not sure but I think that you can buy croc socks at the website. Someone was telling me about them. Also, I read that you can get these pads called "moleskin" and if you get a place on your foot, it will really help. I bought some to take with us last year and didn't need it until this week after I started walking two miles a day again. It does help.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

SS2.jpg

Thank you for this picture...now I can show my wife why I will never wear Croc's. She wears them all the time at her job (Hospital) and has tried to talk me into getting some....this solves it!
I have nothing against those who enjoy them I just think men over the age of 15 look a little silly.

Just wish I had some Stock in those Croc's!:lookaroun

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Thank you for this picture...now I can show my wife why I will never wear Croc's. She wears them all the time at her job (Hospital) and has tried to talk me into getting some....this solves it!
I have nothing against those who enjoy them I just think men over the age of 15 look a little silly.

Just wish I had some Stock in those Croc's!:lookaroun

Not all crocs look like sandals, just look at these
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-18-4-islan...=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

Like many people have posted..you are on vacation, who cares what you look like, haha!!
But I am a nurse and I wear mine (daily) with sox, I actually have never worn my crocs to WDW however I know that I could never wear them without sox because if my feet were to sweat it would drive me NUTS. Just go get a few pairs of the really low cut ankle sox and you'll be fine. And I agree with many, comfort beats appearence out of the water any day.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

My feet hardly ever sweat in them and I wear them all the time. My feet ALWAYS sweat when I am in flip flops, so imagine my surprise that they don't sweat in the crocs. I love them!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

My feet hardly ever sweat in them and I wear them all the time. My feet ALWAYS sweat when I am in flip flops, so imagine my surprise that they don't sweat in the crocs. I love them!

Thats because Croc's are made of a special micro fiber that wicks away the sweat so you never feel it. :cool:

and for the record, that pic above of a guy with sandals and socks...those aren't Crocs. :lol:

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Hmm, good to know (about the sweat, not the picture). Thanks! :wave:

Yeah I dont ever experience sweat in them so maybe you can wear them to WDW after all. Maybe try yours our some day without socks and walk around for a while when you know you will be able to change your shoes or put socks on right away if you feel sweaty. :)

Upvote 0

kstella

I always wear socks with my crocs at Disney. I get rubbing in my arches. Socks also help absorb the sweat. I wear short socks with Disney pictures on them. Disney has some of the most comfortable socks! If I am wearing my cheap rip-off crocs, I do not wear socks as I get a smaller size since they don't have the band on them. Can't wait to get back and get more!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom