Creations Shop opening this summer

SoFloMagic

Yeah I'm guessing it was art from one of the many variations of plans for that area which did retain the fountain. But I hadn't seen that particular piece before - so still unsure if its new "old" art or not.
Maybe they saw everyone's comments and decided to rebuild the fountain instead of the tree of fiber optics and the hill of inspiration

jt04

i never noticed any bottlenecks at epcot, but with GotG/RAT/Space220/CreationsShop/Rest/Dreamers Point/Moana/Harmonious/and whatever else is going to be opening at Epcot in the next year....it will probably have larger crowds than ever before so getting rid of any potential bottlenecks couldnt hurt.

Exactly. Plus the illuminated SSE. We are probably lucky they were able to keep one Communicore building. They could set up a giant mirror opposite so the traditionalists can reminisce. ⛲⛲⛲🌱

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How do the circles being internally lit "promote greater sustainability"? Is an algorithm writing those posts?

PR fluff pieces. Have to check a certain number of boxes with each posts. Walt, classic, green, iconic, sustainable, original... Not every post has to check every box, it depends on the subject to ward off any potential negative feedback.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They started shutting down future world earlier so that definitely helped. What might not seem unmanageable on a daily basis can change very quickly if there is an event. They have to plan for a worst-case scenario. And certainly on holidays it was still very crowded.

See the msusa bypasses for another example of changes for safety.

What were the crowds like at park close around that area? With all the new stuff being built that people are clamoring for, I would imagine they may need to keep FW open later to disperse people better around park close.

The Aracuan Bird

i never noticed any bottlenecks at epcot, but with GotG/RAT/Space220/CreationsShop/Rest/Dreamers Point/Moana/Harmonious/and whatever else is going to be opening at Epcot in the next year....it will probably have larger crowds than ever before so getting rid of any potential bottlenecks couldnt hurt.
It depends on where the new stuff is being added. For instance, there wouldn’t have been much of a bottle neck near Communicore West when the only major thing they were adding in Future World was the coaster in Future World East. With the Walt Statue, there’s still considerable space from the buildings, and the World Showcase additions are all the way at the other end of the park.

The worst bottleneck in WDW is the right pathway between Small World and Peter Pan, but Peter Pan is also one of the most popular attractions in the park.

jt04

What were the crowds like at park close around that area? With all the new stuff being built that people are clamoring for, I would imagine they may need to keep FW open later to disperse people better around park close.

I think it was a bigger issue before the International Gateway opened. That certainly helped. Also, the new walkway to guests near The Living Seas will be a tremendous help.

I agree, this will allow them to keep attractions like GotG open much later without worrying about the surge after Harmonius. It also allows the park to increase capacity and add new attractions and entertainment. It is all a process. It seems like 2 steps forward, 1 step back, because that's exactly how it is.

nickys

Premium Member
I think it was a bigger issue before the International Gateway opened. That certainly helped. Also, the new walkway to guests near The Living Seas will be a tremendous help.

I agree, this will allow them to keep attractions like GotG open much later without worrying about the surge after Harmonius. It also allows the park to increase capacity and add new attractions and entertainment. It is all a process. It seems like 2 steps forward, 1 step back, because that's exactly how it is.
So crowding at FW was a bigger issue 31 years ago than it is now?

jt04

So crowding at FW was a bigger issue 31 years ago than it is now?

I don't have a direct experience lately with Epcot crowds, but I remember before the IG was built it could get very crowded near closing time under SSE. I do know that same configuration in 2021 would be unworkable. Even dangerous. IMO.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't have a direct experience lately with Epcot crowds, but I remember before the IG was built it could get very crowded near closing time under SSE. I do know that same configuration in 2021 would be unworkable. Even dangerous. IMO.
The line for the ramp to the monorail will always be busy. Everyone else has to get around them to get to the exit. No way to change that.

jt04

The line for the ramp to the monorail will always be busy. Everyone else has to get around them to get to the exit. No way to change that.

There's always a way. But the main bottleneck then was under SSE.

As for the monorail, they might have to extend the queue. Certainly there are more bus options. And the skyway and boardwalk for the chunk of guests going that way. People underestimate the numerous ways to disperse Epcot crowds compared to the early days.

Cmdr_Crimson

Back in the CommuniCore days, weren’t the original circles internally lit? I seem to recall photos that they were.
The ones formally in Innoventions West were lit...
Photo from Blogmickey
innoventions-west-empty-2019-8.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom