Creations Shop opening this summer

monorail81

Not that I'm complaining. Anything is better than the horrific scheme of the last few years. Even the rather drab and unpleasant salmon pink that preceded it was miles better than the multi-color vomit.
To me, it always looked like they went down to Home Depot and got whatever Oops Paint they had laying around. 🤮

trainplane3

Color tests were seen here as well:
Epcot_Full_36703.jpg

lazyboy97o

Do people really want them to just shut up and then open it one day with no explanation regarding any of their design choices?
He isn’t actually explaining anything. It’s a bunch of legal,and marketing proved circular justifications that often come across as being devised after the fact and overly emphasize the importance of aspects that he has literally had ripped out of the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Inspired Figment

He isn’t actually explaining anything. It’s a bunch of legal,and marketing proved circular justifications that often come across as being devised after the fact and overly emphasize the importance of aspects that he has literally had ripped out of the park.
From that standpoint… perhaps it points more towards the overall lack of vision behind these decisions aswell as the amount of actual imagination & creative input & freedom they allow & respect within WDI atm…. Especially if the reasonings he’s giving (that obviously came from & ‘have’ to be approved & edited by inner committees) don’t make any sense, come across as sounding “phony” and disingenuous, & go completely against how EPCOT & the orignal buildings were originally envisioned & designed.

This is why I particularly blame upper management for this nonsense.

Sir_Cliff

Obviously part of his job description is to communicate what they're doing through his Instagram account. Whether you are agree with what is happening in Epcot, do you really think there is no logic to what they are doing?

lazyboy97o

Obviously part of his job description is to communicate what they're doing through his Instagram account. Whether you are agree with what is happening in Epcot, do you really think there is no logic to what they are doing?
It’s not part of anyone else’s job description. We don’t see these types of posts about other projects.

There may be some logic, but he isn’t actually explaining it. And projects like Mission: SPACE, Space 220, Ratatouille and Cosmic Rewind were all happening regardless of what happened to Future World, so they weren’t part of a unified plan.

Loving the new concept art, and peak into the design and process for this new very important center of the park. I love it when we get access to the process. People need to stop hating and be grateful when it's granted to them. To believe that this 'gift shop' is insignificant is to ignore the fact that it's the one single building that almost every single guest in the park visit. Though some may not like the aesthetic, I personally appreciate them really accentuating the original design of the building and opening everything up to the outside. This will flow much better than mousegears, and will certainly be a more plesant experience.

Aesthetics change, and so goes Disney. Especially in the areas of the parks which are not grounded in a specific time or place. Thank goodness for that!

TikibirdLand

Loving the new concept art, and peak into the design and process for this new very important center of the park. I love it when we get access to the process. People need to stop hating and be grateful when it's granted to them. To believe that this 'gift shop' is insignificant is to ignore the fact that it's the one single building that almost every single guest in the park visit. Though some may not like the aesthetic, I personally appreciate them really accentuating the original design of the building and opening everything up to the outside. This will flow much better than mousegears, and will certainly be a more plesant experience.

Aesthetics change, and so goes Disney. Especially in the areas of the parks which are not grounded in a specific time or place. Thank goodness for that!
Would have liked the detail on something significant, say, Guardians or Rat (but we already know about it). It IS just a gift shop, after all.

Cmdr_Crimson

Would have liked the detail on something significant, say, Guardians or Rat (but we already know about it). It IS just a gift shop, after all.
Agreed...I'm not overwhelmed..Unless they put subtle nods to Epcot's past in the store or at least...Oh I dunno..Show what merch were to expect when it opens would be more interesting then what paint swatches we got at from Home Depot they are going to use...

tenor.gif

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

But... “original”! “classic”! “Iconic”! “Walt”!!!

wedenterprises

Honestly, it comes down to marketing. Disney Imagineering always has calculated updates to drum up press, or attention around less-glamorous projects. The big ones generate their own buzz. Disney has always functioned in this way and it has served them well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom