Creations Shop opening this summer

ThatMouse

I remember they used to sell really cool stuff in these shops. Now it's mostly the same junk sold online pumped out by a Chinese factory. Nothing wrong with China, but it's super cheap quality. We bought this marble rollercoaster thing I've never seen in any toy store back in the 80's. Similar to this SpaceRail thing. Edit: hoping we see some of this cool stuff in the "Creations Shop" and they live up to the new name!

Attachments

• 71tqgwv07XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71tqgwv07XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 66

The Aracuan Bird

I don't get your point...They tore down buildings, they are adding nothing...
All they are doing is going back to the original EPCOT John Hench building... The Centrum looked like what they are doing... Mouse Gear was a cartoony overlay.
Zach is blogging as if no one ever saw the brilliance of the original buildings and that he and his team are creating something when in fact they are just removing lousy overlays and freshening it up. It should have stayed like this...
It also would’ve been cheaper to just refresh the buildings and remove the overlays. But they had to spend the money to tear one down so they could put up a Moana walk through (that will never bring in as many people as a Moana RIDE could have) and a Festival Center that will probably never get built as it was planned.

DreamfinderGuy

If Future World was originally designed with a dozen uniquely designed purpose built pavilions and Imagineering decided to add a mirror image of the largest of those buildings, people would be complaining it was cutting of half of the area and creating a claustrophobic crater. With no breezes.♨
Uhhh...yes? You don't see The Living Seas from Universe of Energy. They are not two structures designed to compliment each other like the CommuniCores were from day one. Removing one for a carbon copy of the other doesn't make any sense and would be very valid grounds to complain. And for that matter, it's an entrance and hub. There's not a single park in WDW that doesn't maintain some kind of symmetry in their entrance/hub. Main Street, Hollywood Boulevard, even The Oasis at DAK. If Magic Kingdom was designed with half of Main Street and 50 years later they decided to build the other half, nobody would complain.

jt04

Uhhh...yes? You don't see The Living Seas from Universe of Energy. They are not two structures designed to compliment each other like the CommuniCores were from day one. Removing one for a carbon copy of the other doesn't make any sense and would be very valid grounds to complain. And for that matter, it's an entrance and hub. There's not a single park in WDW that doesn't maintain some kind of symmetry in their entrance/hub. Main Street, Hollywood Boulevard, even The Oasis at DAK. If Magic Kingdom was designed with half of Main Street and 50 years later they decided to build the other half, nobody would complain.

Once the three story event space was canceled (supposedly) they obviously had to go back to the proverbial drawing board. We have yet to see those plans. So I'm just not inclined to think it will be a disaster. 🎨

We have seen this play repeatedly. Everything is going to be a disaster until ultimately it isn't.
🎠🎠🎠🎠🎠 Round and round.

P.S. The entry plaza is all sorts of symmetrical as is the monorail beam loop. That is 10x the symmetry than in all of the studios and DAK combined. And larger than the castle hub in square footage.

My hunch (and that is all it is) is that to host larger crowds in the FW plaza, the two Communicore structures and the old fountain created way to many bottlenecks. Especially after the fireworks show. Now they can keep future world attractions open later without risking safety.

Safety first. 🎽

Last edited:

jt04

I don't get your point...They tore down buildings, they are adding nothing...
All they are doing is going back to the original EPCOT John Hench building... The Centrum looked like what they are doing... Mouse Gear was a cartoony overlay.
Zach is blogging as if no one ever saw the brilliance of the original buildings and that he and his team are creating something when in fact they are just removing lousy overlays and freshening it up. It should have stayed like this...

When everything gets characterized as the end of WDW/Imagineering/Walt's Legacy/Pixie Dust
then the 'claimants' lose credibility. Every event can't possibly mean the end of the parks.

Especially because the customers continue to show up in larger numbers.

Clamman73

I remember they used to sell really cool stuff in these shops. Now it's mostly the same junk sold online pumped out by a Chinese factory. Nothing wrong with China, but it's super cheap quality. We bought this marble rollercoaster thing I've never seen in any toy store back in the 80's. Similar to this SpaceRail thing. Edit: hoping we see some of this cool stuff in the "Creations Shop" and they live up to the new name!
Maybe they’ll sell acrylic keychains again….

The Aracuan Bird

Once the three story event space was canceled (supposedly) they obviously had to go back to the proverbial drawing board. We have yet to see those plans. So I'm just not inclined to think it will be a disaster. 🎨

We have seen this play repeatedly. Everything is going to be a disaster until ultimately it isn't.
🎠🎠🎠🎠🎠 Round and round.

P.S. The entry plaza is all sorts of symmetrical as is the monorail beam loop. That is 10x the symmetry than in all of the studios and DAK combined. And larger than the castle hub in square footage.

My hunch (and that is all it is) is that to host larger crowds in the FW plaza, the two Communicore structures and the old fountain created way to many bottlenecks. Especially after the fireworks show. Now they can keep future world attractions open later without risking safety.

Safety first. 🎽
There weren’t enough people at the park to cause “bottlenecks”.

jt04

There weren’t enough people at the park to cause “bottlenecks”.

They started shutting down future world earlier so that definitely helped. What might not seem unmanageable on a daily basis can change very quickly if there is an event. They have to plan for a worst-case scenario. And certainly on holidays it was still very crowded.

See the msusa bypasses for another example of changes for safety.

J4546

i never noticed any bottlenecks at epcot, but with GotG/RAT/Space220/CreationsShop/Rest/Dreamers Point/Moana/Harmonious/and whatever else is going to be opening at Epcot in the next year....it will probably have larger crowds than ever before so getting rid of any potential bottlenecks couldnt hurt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom