News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

aw14

Yeah thats Clause ITS «family» (vin diesel Voice). He pulled his strikes agianst The fat guy and his wife.
That other fat lady was barely touched and fell down dead.

Seems to me like youve been making an awful lot of assumptions yourself 😉
But humor me what would you do to The giant.
Glad you don’t address one point made. 😂

It seems you are struggling reading what’s being written, specifically about my own behavior. and you assume the “giant” is pulling punches and isn’t just some lumbering, skill less oaf.

Enjoy yourself, this conversation is tiresome.

aw14

I understand completely where you are coming from. And I assume some people did run for help. Good for them. It's the ones that did nothing and just stood there watching, some with small children even...that bother me. If I was there when my children were small and this happened, I would like to believe that I would have first gotten them to safety in case things got out of hand before even thinking of getting involved. I definitely would not have just stood by and watched though either way. That is just crazy imo. If I was there without my kids, I would have looked for an opportunity to take the guys back (since there were already people calmly speaking to him about cooling down), probably during one of the multiple times he was attacking someone else, and then attempted to submit him which is exactly what it looks like the one guy did. He actually went down pretty quick once the guy got him in the rear naked. And actually, it's hard to tell from the video (especially on my phone) how deep the guy sunk the choke. It could have been that he was just restricting the bully's breathing...which is also effective but also a lot more dangerous. I would not have gotten up in his face and started screaming at him, which thankfully no one did except for the ones that were apparently part of his family. Just my opinion.
The choke wasn’t in well at all. In fact it was barely under the chin, so likely was more of a face/neck crank, and slight breathing restriction. Had it been in properly, he would’ve been asleep. It would’ve restricted blood flow to his brain in a matter of seconds

CAV

It's not just Target.

I was walking towards the front doors of Nordstrom at South Coast Plaza this past Christmas. A shady looking character exited at a slow run, and right behind him was an undercover security guy with a radio thing in his ear. The shady guy had gotten 10 yards out the door and was jogging down the sidewalk towards the parking lot, but the muscular security guy physically grabbed him by the shoulders, spun him around and muscled him right back into the store. The shady guy looked deflated, and he was hauled into a side door and into a back room. I have no doubt he was prosecuted for shoplifting.

I smirked and kept walking into Nordstrom and shopped and ate there for the next two hours, feeling quite safe.

Any company that claims their employees can't protect their property or their fellow employees from criminality, or in this case their customers from violent thugs, is not a company that has a moral compass.
Your lack of "moral compass" assertion is silly.

Security guards have two duties. Observe and report. That's what they are paid for. Insurance companies make sure of that. You want insurance, your security guards will touch no one. If they do away with insurance and then are able to go hands one, imagine the outcry of those screaming how immoral it was not to have insurance.

The people in this video were mutual combatants. If they fight like this in public, imagine what they do in private. If these people choose to live this violent life, why should any person not paid specifically to intervene put their life in danger?

Like another poster stated, if an innocent person was being attacked, most everyone would step in to stop it. But when its people who routinely fight each other doing what they do, a lot of people think, "So be it."

Dude in the pink shirt is a 100% punk.

bclane

The choke wasn’t in well at all. In fact it was barely under the chin, so likely was more of a face/neck crank, and slight breathing restriction. Had it been in properly, he would’ve been asleep. It would’ve restricted blood flow to his brain in a matter of seconds
Yeah, I just watched it on my TV. Definitely not deep at all. It was still effective as it clearly ended the fight but he could have taken the guy out a lot more safely if he would have just sunk his elbow in the right way. Position before submission! Anyway, good thing he let go pretty quick as that's how you crush someone's windpipe and get yourself sued...or worse. We practice that all the time in BJJ (and obviously it comes up when we roll) and getting cranked sucks.

aw14

Yeah, I just watched it on my TV. Definitely not deep at all. It was still effective as it clearly ended the fight but he could have taken the guy out a lot more safely if he would have just sunk his elbow in the right way. Position before submission! Anyway, good thing he let go pretty quick as that's how you crush someone's windpipe and get yourself sued...or worse. We practice that all the time in BJJ (and obviously it comes up when we roll) and getting cranked sucks.
Exactly. A crank is a painful sub in and of itself. People don’t realize that part. They also don’t realize the RNC is a blood choke either.

It was good it worked here, but also kinda good it was sloppy.

Stevek

Original Poster
Soooo, to get us back on track.
5D24D7F0-5216-4A6D-81A2-B63F5BBCE874.jpeg

ninjaprincesst

I don’t think you should. I know Disney will hear of this and make sure those cast members act immediately next time! Fights that are this crazy are also very rare.
I don't think we should all be trashing disney security, these morons were obviously family and disney security does not get paid enough to get in hurt trying to break these nutcases up. I also think people are over reacting to how traumatized kids would be. It's stupid people playing having a slap fight, mu daughter would not have been upset at all, of course my daughter is a black belt and would have probably broke the whole thing up herself. I would have just called police and let them handle it.

andysol

Two people sure did take this thread to a highly unintelligent and immature place, didn't they?
It's quite possibly the worst opinions from two opposing sides that anyone could make.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

He let go pretty quick cause I do believe the other dudes told him to let go while they were holding him down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, Orange Country Florida pre-dates Orange County, CA by 45 years. 1845 vs 1889.
One resists to try and be somewhat advanced society through backwards norms - however. No matter the age.
'Smart' and 'educated' aren't synonymous. Fights break out on college campuses all the time.
And where can you find a bubble filled with more fearless stupidity and hormone driven nonsense?
Sure do. Fights break out everywhere. However..... You are being purposely obtuse if you can't make some general assumptions based on the behavior elicited here. It's not just the fight. It's everything.
That seems horribly stereotypical...and “tinged”. And I’m not a PC type...what enlightened neighborhood do you discuss Greek literature in?
Has anyone noticed the security guard at 3:25 with the terrible wig? I am not sure how anyone could/would take him seriously not to mentioned he looked scared.
Yes...or the name tag in the ridiculous polyester orange and blue outfit in the background at the beginning that is trying to not be noticed watching? Poor girl.

bclane

He let go pretty quick cause I do believe the other dudes told him to let go while they were holding him down.
That's possible I guess but I'm not sure why they would do that. First, let's say he had a proper rear naked going, you'd hold until the guy went unconscious since this was a real street situation (doesn't take long. I personally tap out after like two seconds cause I can already feel myself blacking out when someone is doing it right.. If they have it, I just tap). Even in that ugly air choke he was using you could hold a guy there and just squeeze a little every time the guy resists until security arrived. You wouldn't have to put him out due to a lack of oxygen as that type of choke can be really painful....even if he dropped his jaw to try and protect his neck as now all the pressure would be on the jaw and I can tell you that that can feel like your jaw is gonna break if someone really locks it in, turns you at all and squeezes. I would personally rather give up the actual full rear naked than to resist and have them break my jaw, compress my trachea, or twist me and crank down on my spine.

I think he let go because he didn't want to be there choking the guy when security showed up. He kind of just walks away. I have a feeling that was self preservation kicking in after he reacted to the bad situation playing out in front of him. Who knows though. You could be right.

rickdrat

I have to say I'm a little annoyed by those of you suggesting raising ticket prices "to keep the riffraff out". That's all well and good, but it also assumes that the poor as a whole are somehow less deserving of nice things. Do you think affluence somehow grants you more class? I consider myself to be an upstanding citizen, but I can't afford a Disney vacation as it is now. Selfish jerks come in all shapes, sizes, and income levels.

If you need further proof, I'll remind you that at this moment a billionaire is behind bars in New York awaiting trial for sex trafficking. He and perhaps a lot of his equally wealthy friends are potentially guilty of some pretty horrible things. I'm sure an annual pass would be well within their means and provide lots of "business opportunities".

Who would you rather have hanging around your kids now?

Last edited:

TROR

I have to say I'm a little annoyed by those of you suggesting raising ticket prices "to keep the riffraff out". That's all well and good, but it also assumes that the poor as a whole are somehow less deserving of nice things. Do you think affluence somehow grants you more class? I consider myself to be an upstanding citizen, but I can't afford a Disney vacation as it is now. Selfish jerks come in all shapes, sizes, and income levels.

If you need further proof, I'll remind you that at this moment a billionaire is behind bars in New York awaiting trial for sex trafficking. He and perhaps a lot of his equally wealthy friends are potentially guilty of some pretty horrible things. I'm sure an annual pass would be well within their means and provide lots of "business opportunities".

Who would you rather have hanging around your kids now?
Nobody is deserving of nice things. Disneyland is a privilege, not a right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom