Crafts, hobbies and other fun stuff

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m more of a skirmish guy that an army guy. Oh man. Let’s see...Warcry, Frostgrave, Zona Alfa, rangers of shadow deep...then there are the board games. Imperial assault, fallout, hellboy, journeys in middle earth, space hulk.

just realized why I’m broke.
My brokeness comes from feeding 2 boys who are bigger than I am:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: That and a few nice "sewing" machines Basic manual, computerized/embroidery, serger and cover stitch. They were bought over yearssssssssss and @Willmark would be proud of me none over 55% of MSRP @MinnieM123 & @Trapper Wolf all bought at a small family run local place

epcotisbest

I know I was not invited to the party, but thought I would share a log cabin model I built a few years ago. It started out as a basic dollhouse kit frame, then I used wooden dowel rods for the logs and regular ole caulk for the chinking. The rocks for the fireplace and foundation came from the Smokies up at Newfound Gap overlook. I made the outside fireplace by just coating it with a sand, glue mixture and hand placed each rock. Same for the inside fireplace and foundation.
The biggest challenge was the spiral staircase, which is all fabricated by hand except for the spindles.
The bathroom is a dollhouse kit. My wife made the curtains.
Each shingle was glued on individually and then I used a paint on wash to age the shingles, even trying to make some areas darker to simulate rainwater runoff stains.
My effort on the inside for the log chinking is kinda bad, but I got over it as I was not going for perfection.
Grannie and Grandad are still sitting on front porch. The lines on the front porch are to simulate porch boards.
Anyway, it is still sitting on our stairway landing, mostly collecting dust while grandad finishes that book and granny continues her knitting.

Log Cabin Dollhouse7.jpg

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I know I was not invited to the party, but thought I would share a log cabin model I built a few years ago. It started out as a basic dollhouse kit frame, then I used wooden dowel rods for the logs and regular ole caulk for the chinking. The rocks for the fireplace and foundation came from the Smokies up at Newfound Gap overlook. I made the outside fireplace by just coating it with a sand, glue mixture and hand placed each rock. Same for the inside fireplace. and foundation.
The biggest challenge was the spiral staircase, which is all fabricated by hand except for the spindles.
Each shingle was glued on individually and then I used a paint on wash to age the shingles, even trying to make some areas darker to simulate rainwater runoff stains.
My effort on the inside for the log chinking is kinda bad, but I got over it as I was not going for perfection.
Grannie and Grandad are still sitting on front porch. The lines on the front porch are to simulate porch boards.
Anyway, it is still sitting on our stairway landing, mostly collecting dust while grandad finishes that book and granny continues her knitting.

View attachment 523889
This is GREAT! I love anything "mini"...one of my favorite toys when I was a kid was a wooden (storebought) old-timey general store...I used to spend hours and hours making things out of plasticene (like fruit, vegetables pies, etc.) to put in the bins and on the shelves and once for a special treat, my grandmother brought me to a shop in New Hampshire that sold all kinds of things, but had a corner specifically for fancy dollhouse stuff, and I picked out lots of "Little House on the Prairie-esque" stuff, like burlap bags of flour, a hanging scale, tiny tin cups and plates...loved all that stuff!

epcotisbest

This is GREAT! I love anything "mini"...one of my favorite toys when I was a kid was a wooden (storebought) old-timey general store...I used to spend hours and hours making things out of plasticene (like fruit, vegetables pies, etc.) to put in the bins and on the shelves and once for a special treat, my grandmother brought me to a shop in New Hampshire that sold all kinds of things, but had a corner specifically for fancy dollhouse stuff, and I picked out lots of "Little House on the Prairie-esque" stuff, like burlap bags of flour, a hanging scale, tiny tin cups and plates...loved all that stuff!

Thank you. It was a fun project and was to be the basis for a mountain log cabin we planned to build some day. Alas, that never happened. I built a much more elaborate, fully furnished dollhouse for a friend's daughter many years ago, but can't find any photos as that was well before digital photography. I know there are photos somewhere, probably in a box in the attic, or accidentally thrown away, who knows? Have not seen or heard from them in many years, no idea if that dollhouse still exists.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
I only have photos of the seascape soap I made. I take more photos of my baking. 🙂

View attachment 523870View attachment 523871
Amazing! I love these sort of effects you can get with the melt and pour (MP) soaps! I dabble in cold process (CP) soaps, but I find with MP soaps, you can get very creative, especially when there’s clear soap to give cool effects like waves.

Here’s a couple CP soaps I’ve made...281A1C4D-ED31-4EA8-8846-FE23FC8A2E88.jpeg73D19D56-F196-4A74-B60E-FD79A142CA1F.jpeg
C9522C3C-2E29-4BC6-A07E-EF924A0AE6C2.jpeg
02758910-80B9-4ADF-9200-FA59D3F358F9.jpeg
1E471C3D-92CA-4FDF-BC68-B7F3055D3A90.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know I was not invited to the party, but thought I would share a log cabin model I built a few years ago. It started out as a basic dollhouse kit frame, then I used wooden dowel rods for the logs and regular ole caulk for the chinking. The rocks for the fireplace and foundation came from the Smokies up at Newfound Gap overlook. I made the outside fireplace by just coating it with a sand, glue mixture and hand placed each rock. Same for the inside fireplace and foundation.

View attachment 523889
Impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but since when does family need a formal invite?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Amazing! I love these sort of effects you can get with the melt and pour (MP) soaps! I dabble in cold process (CP) soaps, but I find with MP soaps, you can get very creative, especially when there’s clear soap to give cool effects like waves.

Here’s a couple CP soaps I’ve made...View attachment 523917View attachment 523918
View attachment 523919
View attachment 523920
View attachment 523921
Truly amazing! I used to dabble in CP soaps before my younger ds became mobile and thought I was being fancy putting dried flowers in them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom